Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

I think the dead giveaway is that he actually thinks it's faster to cook for yourself. It's a ton of hard work and way more effort and when you combine going to to store, buying your items, cooking them, and then cleaning up after there is no loving way you would think it's faster unless you had never actually done any of that poo poo yourself. It is cheaper, and it can taste better if you know what you're doing.

It's faster to eat at home because you have to go drive and wait for every meal when you eat out. If you cook at home and stock your fridge and freezer with prepared foods, the time spent per week fetching, preparing, and eating food can be much lower. In any case, the time it takes to cook can usually be occupied by other things, unlike going to get food which requires conscious effort the entire time. Logic fail much? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Good question i bet someone can answer thanks for your contribution op

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

cams posted:

i have a 3 hour gap between my classes at lunch time and i live far from school. i will eat what is there.

also i eat fast food just cause i love it i love it so much give it to me

what if you brought your lunch from your home to your school along with yourself. you could even put it in one of those faggy bingo boxes

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's really great when you can go to a place like whole foods and get some badass fast food that is healthy. If I was rich that's all I'd eat.

burrito bars, wraps, salads, sushi, etc

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
cooking is actually the most stressful, time consuming, mentally demanding work there is and it shocks me that goons are so flippant about this grueling aspect of human existence

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

OMFG FURRY posted:

cooking is actually the most stressful, time consuming, mentally demanding work there is and it shocks me that goons are so flippant about this grueling aspect of human existence

add water to line
replace lid (use tape if necessary, you clumsy oaf :lol:)
microwave for 1.5 minutes (90 seconds or 1:20 to you newbs)

hth goons

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
lol if youre from a place so crowded with poors that you actually have to line up for fast loving food

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ramsus posted:

It's really great when you can go to a place like whole foods and get some badass fast food that is healthy. If I was rich that's all I'd eat.

lol if you think paying a premium on a bunch of poo poo labeled organic is any more healthy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ramsus posted:

hint: if youre rich you dont need to do anything fast. like loving lol if you dont have a private kitchen preparing all of your meals

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

OMFG FURRY posted:

does your brain even work? bet your kitchen is full of dirty dishes and smells like rotting food, a CLEAR sign of mental illness

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Stoic Commie posted:

does your brain even work? bet your kitchen is full of dirty dishes and smells like rotting food, a CLEAR sign of mental illness

If this was Skyrim I would use my sneak skill to kill my neighbors and eat their dinner. I'm roleplaying.

HAIL, TRAVELER!

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Dave_Indeed posted:

If this was Skyrim I would use my sneak skill to kill my neighbors and eat their dinner. I'm roleplaying.

HAIL, TRAVELER!

i used to be a human being like you, then i too-

i still am actually

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

Morkyz posted:

lol if youre from a place so crowded with poors that you actually have to line up for fast loving food

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Stoic Commie posted:

what if you brought your lunch from your home to your school along with yourself. you could even put it in one of those faggy bingo boxes
i like it though

i like having an excuse to eat it

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Stoic Commie posted:

does your brain even work? bet your kitchen is full of dirty dishes and smells like rotting food, a CLEAR sign of mental illnessinp

i dont think you can even grasp the immense amount of work that goes into everyday food, the amount of effort and time devoted to making cereal, the most nutrious food in the U.S.A. is mind blowing

dogdisaster
May 31, 2014

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
McChickens are a way of life, also $1

memento mori
May 4, 2008
Roy Rogers 4 lyfe gently caress the haters

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
is halal food from the lil food truck also considered fast food because that stuff is really good and lol if you don't eat that on the reg

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
If you don't know how to cook, you are stupid and lazy. All it involves is reading a god drat recipe and following instructions. Like gently caress man how do I put seasoning on a piece of chicken and put it in a pan or in the oven, this poo poo is loving difficult?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
A hot pocket only takes 2 minutes to cook while I'd have to wait at McDs in excess of 7 minutes during mealtime hours.

makes u think

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

no they will not posted:

Why the gently caress would you eat fast food when you can make delicious home made food easily? It's cheaper, healthier, and because you don't have to queue, it's even faster.

Making food is not easy or fast.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you are an athlete/do steroids a lot you can eat whatever the gently caress

*wins all the gold*

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

The Dennis System posted:

Making food is not easy or fast.

i'm waaaay lazy and even i have to admit that cooking is easy as gently caress, pal

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeh ive got to agree the cooking part itself is not hard but learning how to cook enough things to not have any repeats for a week or whatever you want and then keeping all the ingredients stocked is where it gets difficult and the ease of fast food by comparison starts to look goos

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i love cooking and eating home cooked meals but the best ones take way too long

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
if it feels good, do it.

if it tastes good, eat it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Obligatory Handle posted:

If you don't know how to cook, you are stupid and lazy. All it involves is reading a god drat recipe and following instructions. Like gently caress man how do I put seasoning on a piece of chicken and put it in a pan or in the oven, this poo poo is loving difficult?

for loving real, it's not a goddamn painting. you just follow the instructions and you're good. if you do it enough, you can do it on your own too and improvise. but if you're a loving ramen scrub, you should still be able to cook delicious meals for yourself and others. especially with the internet, every new recipe I try have 10,000 recipes for it and youtube videos of motherfuckers actually cooking it. monkey see, monkey do you cooktards

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

if it feels good, do it.

if it tastes good, eat it.

How'd that work out for you?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I gave up eating fast food for lent. Not religious, but i thought it would be a good challenge. Lent ended two weeks ago and I still haven't been back. I've also lost 10 pounds in that time frame. Cutting it out of my life wasn't that hard and now that it's gone I'm feeling a lot better.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

How'd that work out for you?

well, i'm a law student at a top 5 law school and my summer law firm job is paying me $2400/week, so pretty well i'd say...

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

well, i'm a law student at a top 5 law school and my summer law firm job is paying me $2400/week, so pretty well i'd say...

Is your law firm also a Top Five™ or are you slumming it for the summer, lol?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

Is your law firm also a Top Five™ or are you slumming it for the summer, lol?

by your definition, I'm slumming it I guess, although it is a top 25 firm as determined by Vault, the most respected and oft-cited ranker of law firms.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

by your definition, I'm slumming it I guess, although it is a top 25 firm as determined by Vault, the most respected and oft-cited ranker of law firms.

By the way, how's that uncle of yours. the one that works at Nintendo?

Balls-kun
Jun 29, 2010

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Guess what? Buy some chicken broth and carrots. Put that poo poo on the stove. STIR IT MOTHERFUCKER!! Add some friend of the family spices you piece of poo poo. loving garlic powder, you heard of that? Dump some of that poo poo on your oval office soup. Do you have celary? No? Buy some you loving mongoloid, it's available at your Grocer. No, don't buy the artisanal kale you poo poo chugging gently caress nugget. Motherfucking celery. Chop that up with a KNIFE, not your flaccid dick. Put it in the pot. Heat it up. Congratulations, shitpussy- you made you own dinner.

squirt a huge load of siracha all over that bitch

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Sounds like a pretty big life achievement. You and the cool dudes you live with at the halfway house should get tore up on some Mad Dog for a few days to celebrate.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah no any genre of food thats white enough to use the term 'special sauce' in 20 loving 15 is a few lanterns short of four.or staffed exclusively by marketing spergs who are oblivious to basic spunk colloquialism.either way the result is invariably cack patty #63 with some kind of lovely starch cladding.gotta have basically no self respect to eat that

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

something clever posted:

Sounds like a pretty big life achievement. You and the cool dudes you live with at the halfway house should get tore up on some Mad Dog for a few days to celebrate.

no can do. final exams are right around the corner, and then (after 28 horrible months) i am moving out (hopefully forever) and starting my aforementioned high-paying, high-stress summer job.

on topic: i tried one of those new taco bell breakfast biscuit tacos. i was not impressed.

Fog Tripper posted:

All that said, I could eat salad each and every day if it were not such a pain in the rear end.

There's a deli near me that does like fast-food salads. You tell the guy what you want in it and they make it right there. And it's only like 6.75 and comes with a roll. I eat that everyday for lunch pretty much.

IzzyFnStradlin fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 18, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
- no spoilage of excess ingredients
- no need to go shopping
- no need to cook it
- no need to do dishes afterward

All that said, I could eat salad each and every day if it were not such a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Does chipotle count as fast food

• Locked thread