Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I hope those of you with nasty souls full of hate can, one day, learn to love other people, and experience true happiness. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
I'm prepared to love other people :quagmire:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Liking others and liking yourself are important steps to become truly happy and fulfilled.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
nice

love is great op and i love you

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Nation posted:

nice

love is great op and i love you

I feel like you're being sarcastic as a defence mechanism because you know deep in your soul that your heart is black and hardened.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Keg posted:

I feel like you're being sarcastic as a defence mechanism because you know deep in your soul that your heart is black and hardened.

nope, i think he is genuinely...full of love.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Keg posted:

I hope this isn't the case. It would be very sad if that poster was another GBS sociopath.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I hope this isn't the case. It would be very sad if that poster was another GBS sociopath.

most gbs sociopaths are actually gbs psychopaths, which is an important distinction.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

how are we defining love in this instance?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Im gay

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Keg posted:

It's because nobody in the world has shown him any love or affection, probably for some time. But that time is over. Feel the love, friend

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
HITLER LOVED EVA SOOOO MUCH.

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
You're all just like my projections man. How I feel about you is how I feel about my own self, since you only exist in my mind man

Aug 4, 2010

i want to make love

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Mange Mite posted:

It's because nobody in the world has shown him any love or affection, probably for some time. But that time is over. Feel the love, friend

its like im talking but nobody is really listening, not like she used to...

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
I used to be like this when I was younger and a lifetime of bad and unlucky experiences have made me hateful and small. I'm not the kind of guy to act on it but it really makes me sad how far I've sunk.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

If anyone has any idea how I can fix myself, please tell me. I'm serious. I can't stand who I've become

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 253 days!)

eternalname posted:

I used to be like this when I was younger and a lifetime of bad and unlucky experiences have made me hateful and small. I'm not the kind of guy to act on it but it really makes me sad how far I've sunk.

You could start by changing your password.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

eternalname posted:

There are people out there with far less who somehow rISE above their circumstances. Embrace love, and be reborn as your better self

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

eternalname posted:

If anyone has any idea how I can fix myself, please tell me. I'm serious. I can't stand who I've become

the meaning of life is to live to enrich your soul this mostly involves loving everyone and everything hth

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

this sound suspiciously like pulling myself up by my bootstraps

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
That's the true path to neurosis. Be kind to yourself first.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nation posted:

its like im talking but nobody is really listening, not like she used to...

i'm listening

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
key to happiness is all encompassing apathy toward your fellow man and woman

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

eternalname posted:

this sound suspiciously like pulling myself up by my bootstraps

full communism now would be a good way to explain it

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

eternalname posted:

Bake cookies for some friends as an altruistic act of kindness, because making others feel happy feels really good.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
try finding someone you feel safe with and just listening to their problems. try to cultivate empathy and feel their problems as if they are your own. don't talk too much, just tell them that you love them and wish teh best for them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

eternalname posted:

same but I done't even care about getting back at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
everyone itt fill me up with your love juice

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

diabeetz posted:

everyone itt fill me up with your love juice

just lift the jug and fill your mouth with that thick sweet love juice

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

gbs <3.69: share your love with friends and soon to be very good friends, pm your favourite crush, buy a romantic avatar for a sweetheart - if only am i rite?!

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

try finding someone you feel safe with and just listening to their problems. try to cultivate empathy and feel their problems as if they are your own. don't talk too much, just tell them that you love them and wish teh best for them.

Tell me your problems. Any problem. All problem. I love you.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nation posted:

full communism now

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
which is more dysfunctional in your opinion op, people who generally can't feel anything towards random internet strangers or people who have genuine emotions for random internet strangers?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Poetic Justice posted:

which is more dysfunctional in your opinion op, people who generally can't feel anything towards random internet strangers or people who have genuine emotions for random internet strangers?

Jim Rustler.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 253 days!)

I want to love myself through other people but GHB is illegal, OP. :(

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

eternalname posted:

i'll take a risk here and post seriously. i think therapy is probably a good answer if you have really bad self-esteem or self-loathing issues but i also think there's a lot you can do for yourself. i really turned around my self-esteem and general attitude toward life by employing some simple techniques over the last 6 months or so. i would go so far as to say i pulled myself out of a pretty bad depression. my advice is geared toward being self-hating more than hating others but i hope you will see how it can be adapted to your feelings about other people. it is possible that you are less willing to accept others because you don't accept yourself, though.

what's funny is that i've seen you post that you lie to people that happiness is a choice, but i don't think that's so far from the truth in some cases. i was able to help myself by recognizing that not every thought that i have should be taken seriously. if i have a negative thought about myself that isn't constructive, i immediately reject it and concentrate on what i believe to be a rational and reasonable line of thought on the same subject. for instance, if i unjustly put myself down for something i did at work, i will reject that thought and instead think about the positive aspects, like what i learned from my mistake or what i'm going to do better in the future, or even just what i did right in that instance. it's important to understand that this isn't a rejection of self-criticism, just a way of mediating it through rational thought processes that give you a chance to be happy with yourself. these techniques apply to thoughts about others as well. after a time, i stopped having to do this, and in fact i have very few kneejerk negative thoughts about myself and others. i consider myself a much happier person, and while this may seem counterintuitive, i feel I am much better at being able to criticize myself and to improve myself in response to it.

to make this work, you need a few things.
1. you need to convince yourself that it's forgivable to make mistakes, or even fail outright.
2. you need to be able to stop and think very clearly about what your expectations for yourself or others ought to be. realize that if you have formulated expectations that you can say for sure are reasonable and someone isn't meeting them, you should have a dialogue with them about it.
3. you need to work at it. it takes a while to even catch these kinds of thoughts when they're happening. it's important to do so because they insidiously infect your subconscious.
4. you need to be able to take pretending seriously. if you're like me, you probably will have to pretend to believe any of this will work. it turns out that if something is all in your head to start with, pretending can be a pretty effective tool.

edit: lol sorry

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 18, 2015

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

that's a valid answer to the question, thanks!

• Locked thread