Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hobo Siege posted:

No gameplay footage yet and they're gonna be forced to have it out before the end of the year. I want it to be good too, but it just isn't happening.

Maybe the year after, when it's done.

I can't wait to see what hilarious bugs will be in this game. BF3 and 4 had so many I can't even remember them all. I think my favorite was muting sound for the whole server when you fired the chinese semi-auto sniper rifle with the suppressor. :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cardboard Fox posted:

What we know so far:
  • 40 player max limit for multiplayer
  • No Campaign
  • You can toggle between first person and third person
  • You can play as a hero class like in the first two Battlefront games
  • There will be infantry, land vehicles, and aircraft
  • Battle is between Rebel alliance and Empire

AT-ATs are on rails - https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/589111235565629441

Also read that there are X-wings and TIE fighters, but there won't be any space combat. Can't find the article again so I might be wrong on this(I hope I'm wrong).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How did you get gameplay footage from release day?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Abysswalker posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, dude

The bots in battlefront are retarded, dice couldn't make stupider ones if they tried.

:dice: accepts your challenge.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Archonex posted:

To be fair, I read somewhere that the DLC might be free. Or at least some of it is. Though this could just be EA or someone in Dice trying to do damage control due to the rather lackluster reception the game's gotten so far.

Time will tell, I guess.

I believe in the free dlc as much as I believe this game will be bug free and run great on launch day.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pixelbaron posted:

A game made over ten years ago when DLC wasn't really a thing has more content you say? *puts chin in hands and lays on stomach kicking his feet*

lol are you serious

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blacktoll posted:

I'm gonna buy this dogshit game as well as pre-order it to spite everyone who thinks not pre-ordering is some sort of holy crusade.

You show them!

I'll definitely wait for hands on impressions after release because BF4 was fun, but buggy as gently caress at launch. Also the game kinda looks meh so I hope the PC crowd can bypass the 20v20 limit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

A full round of Walker Assault from the Imperial side.

I really hope the aircraft controls aren't War Thunder-style on the PS4 or if there's at least an option to use a more classic dual-stick style.

Looks alright. A bit disappointed that it was basically a long corridor and not a large open map. If this is one of the larger maps, I am real curious to see how sparse and or linear the smaller ones are. Funneling all 40 players into the same area makes up for the smaller player count I guess.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Remote User posted:

This isn't the case with the whole map. Once the walkers reach the halfway point, it opens up. In the first half, there are several avenues in which to advance, but it is a bit corridor like. After that, it's a huge open battlefield, complete with trenches, and turrets. That area itself slopes downward, towards the Empire's objective, so, as a rebel, the walkers look even taller, and more terrifying.

Alright that is good to know. And yea I completely forgot that the maps may be constrained because they are playing a certain mode.

Zaphod42 posted:

As people keep pointing out, in the old DICE way they'd make every map big and then cut out parts of it for other game modes, and that didn't work so well.

So now they're making maps of all sizes, small medium and large, to fit different game types.
I'll be shocked if there isn't at least one big wake island type map.

That's too bad. I liked the way that they did that in BF3 and 4. Let you get familiar with parts of the map that might not see any action otherwise.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cargohills posted:

how to tell everyone you're a massive nerd in one easy step

also I think you're the only person who actually likes it being browser based??

lol if you dont use 2 monitors

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So there's no server browser just skill based matchmaking.

lol

ahahaha

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nrr posted:

Heads up, the alpha was actually fun and this hasn't even hit beta yet, so there's a very good chance that this game is actually not a complete dumpster fire. but even if it is, do you know what its going to be better than? reading pages and pages of you nerds' aggressive overreacting and hard done by bullshit while you piss and moan about something that's probably going to be completely different to what you're made up bullshit ideas are.

toodles

lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

sbaldrick posted:

What's with this game and the tiny player count. If BF4 can do 64 then this game surely can especially without the last gen. support.

BF4 could also support a server browser :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"some guy who claims to be an alpha tester with no proof says a thing"

ok

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah probably, knowing DICE it'll look pretty but require a good CPU to manage everything.

Hey they already have specs out, lemme google that for ya

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/star-wars-battlefront/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition#details

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

So that's a yes.

16 gigs lmao

i guess this will be :dice: optimized

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

KiddieGrinder posted:

New Gun different colored blaster bolt option DLC announced!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

codo27 posted:

I'm sorry but having to use a loving browser to play the game is ridiculous garbage.

or you can just hit quickmatch on battlelog instead and it works as normal matchmaking :shrug:

Trivia posted:

Unless I'm missing something, the scoreboard doesn't show ping.

So that sucks for those of us living overseas and all.

lol. please tell me it at least shows the terrible green -> red color bars

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I can review this game with one word: :mediocre:

That's all there really is to it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

So much bitching about this game, there's no pleasing you people.

Probably the most casual "tactical" sort of shooter I've played in a while, the menus suggest oodles of content. I'm frankly fuckin' stoke and so far I'm willing to cough up the bills for it. There's a wide margin of error with pretty much everything and I don't feel like I have to stress out and uberfocus to not do poo poo like I do with BF3/4 or pretty much any military shooter out there. Most of the problems seem entirely fixable, the structure of the game is really entertaining thus far.

lol if you think EA is going to do anything besides pump you for dlc

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

I don't think I care as much about this because I suspect you spend way more of your income on games than me

lol

my point was EA isnt going to fix any of the problems unless they are gamebreaking bugs (and even then itll take a while if BF4 was any indication)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zo posted:

lol so just two guys on rebels spending the entire time looking for orbital strikes can win on their own

if like 4 or 5 people are doing it, empire physically cannot win no matter what

between this and not even giving spawn protection(which they patched into bf3 and had by default in bf4), :dice: may be retarded

Zaphod42 posted:

Odds are the final pc version will allow more players than console.

ya dont worry about the 20v20. you can just search for the custom servers where people changed the server config to allow 32v32 :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Flying has always sucked in BF3 and BF4 for keyboard & mouse though, I doubt DICE will ever try to improve it in patches. They pretty much just say "deal with it or play with controller" which is really loving stupid.

Its easily one of my biggest complaints for BF4, I can't fly without keeping a controller in my lap to switch to. (But I'd rather play with KB&M on foot)

hahahah what? hahahahha

not only is it perfectly possible to fly using kb/m, most of the best pilots only use the kb.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I'd love to hear how you rebind and control the craft in this then, 'cos steering with the mouse is eleventy million kinds of butt.

I was talking about BF3 and 4. Yea the default controls for flying are pretty terrible.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

*Angrily confronts every person who has slightly different opinion on game*

*Unaware of existence of health regen*

Expert criticisms itt

:vince:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fenrax posted:

Who designed the Hoth map and why doesn't he want the rebels to ever win? I can't believe that map is so poorly balanced.

He's the guy who designed the "spawn" points and their lack of protection. He hates the rebel scum.

The gameplay and gunplay is fine(though I'm not a fan of the powerups), but who the gently caress made these poo poo rear end maps? Who even knows what worse maps are waiting if these are the 2 they showcase.

DonkeyHotay posted:

The actual infantry combat is competent in a bf3/4 kind of way but every single design choice from maps to flow to randmized pickups to the insane card system is indefensible.

:hfive:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

sdr782 posted:

I feel like the Imperials should not be able to use the Rebels' stationary defenses. Or at least the turrets should not be able to rotate more than 180 degrees so they can't be used to fire further into the level. It would make the balance on the map a lot better.

that would require dice being competent

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I didn't play long. Does it have a higher or lower time-to-kill than here? It being relatively high here is at least partially what's making me like it, I can't stand one-shot-dead shooters.

Lower. As in you die faster in BF4 so that's probably not what you are looking for.

You can try the unreal tournament alpha I guess.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ravenfood posted:

So, uh, what the hell can anyone do against a few decent pilots on the other side? Ion shots can weaken it, I guess, but if they get two good pilots up and coordinating quickly, nobody can really bring in air. Just lost three rounds pretty solidly on both sides because they kept bringing all the AT-STs and AT-ATs down quick with strafing runs, and then on the flip side kept murdering turrets and spawns (because again, spawning everyone in a wide-open field is a great idea!). So nice job on making the air war stupidly important I guess. Hopefully everyone starts spraying blaster-fire into the air to keep them down, but for now, it just adds to my feeling of "if you're on foot with a gun in your hand, you're not really helping your team" which is a pain.

see, its more battlefield than you think!

all hail the skygods

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mcvey posted:

nbd, if they get past DICEs anti-cheat(which I'm sure is great) the server admins can always just kick them.

haha

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Megafunk posted:

You guys need to play the hidden minigame where you make full-time streamers extremely mad at videogames:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj8UkUJovrE

:patriot:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Agreed. Just don't forget to keep posting about how bad and unbalanced the game is and how its developers are the spawn of satan to the great boon of casual SW fans everywhere.

lol

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I just don't get the deception. No one really believed that there would be no DLC, so why even say it?

they said no microtransactions so maybe people are confusing the 2?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I too like to use internet acronyms with no end punctuation to give off an air of superiority and/or apathy

lmao

I am laughing out loud at your stupid post.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DangerDog posted:

So is this game turning out to be more battlefield with lasers or is it a little bit more faithful to the name? These things worry me

It's more battlefront than battlefield. The gunplay is more arcadey(no accuracy bonus for first person or using iron sights, no accuracy penalty for jumping around) than BF3 and 4.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nintendo65 posted:

I am so sick of matchmaking in games, they better have a legit server system in place when this releases. It seems like every game just uses matchmaking now, let me choose where I play please.

I got bad news for you

:dice:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sedisp posted:

Full list of weapons/Star cards: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GLIU0KTIqI1Z-LaIDRwN8h9dUiul_GdVRmBa7IhVUU0/preview

12 weapons.

Bowcaster is a star card.

That's what dlc is for! 2 new maps and 2 new weapons

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Siets posted:

Snatch Duster, in your honest opinion: if a developer made a 1,000,000 vs 1,000,000 first person shooter video game, would it be the best game ever and you would play nothing else until the end of your days? It would be like the biggest battles ever! So Big!

um that game is called star citizen

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nothing is stopping :dice: from having matchmaking and a server browser

you know, like in BC2, BF3 and BF4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Daily Forecast posted:

I liked the beta quite a bit, but the thing that scares me off this game is the idea of a $50 season pass. Like, holy poo poo. Does that imply that the game is going to get tons of content after release, or do it call of duty style, where they release like four maps and two new guns for $15 and then just do that four times?

the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hhhat posted:

I pre-ordered a copy of the prequel trilogy on DVD

Today

What now motherfuckers

i am beyond furious with you :argh:

• Locked thread