Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Also known as limited users, poor people who have spent less then 5$ on Steam are also known as anti capitalistic terrorists. Get to spending your hard earned dollars on video games so you can join the upper elite echelon of videogamers

posted:

You will need to spend at least $5.00 USD within the Steam store.

Some examples of purchases that grant access to these features are:

Adding the equivalent of $5 USD or more to your Steam Wallet
Purchasing game(s) that are equal to $5 USD or more from the Steam store
Adding a Steam Wallet card to your Steam account
Purchasing a Steam gift from the Steam store (Receiving a Steam gift from a friend doesn't count)

Each Steam purchase total will be tracked in USD. If your Steam store's currency isn't in USD, it will be tracked and converted to USD automatically using daily exchange rates.

Some of the features that are unavailable to poor people:

posted:

Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:

Sending friend invites
Opening group chat
Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
Participating in the Steam Market
Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
Gaining Steam Profile Levels and Trading Cards
Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
Accessing the Steam Web API
Using browser and mobile chat

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ive played to any extent like 5% of the games i ever bought on steam

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

why would you download and use a video game storefront program and never spend over $5, except to abuse poo poo like making a ton of free accounts to greenlight vote your own game, which is what it seems like this is in place to prevent

gently caress you op

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

ive played to any extent like 5% of the games i ever bought on steam

sounds about the same for me although it is skewed by some paradox game bundle that I got for 50$ that had like 100 games

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
I've never spent any money on Steam

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
who gives a poo poo

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

I've never spent any money on Steam

U r gay

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Vargs posted:

why would you download and use a video game storefront program and never spend over $5, except to abuse poo poo like making a ton of free accounts to greenlight vote your own game, which is what it seems like this is in place to prevent

gently caress you op

I think it's a good idea too man. Phishers, Russians, Chinese hackers, casuals and poor people shouldn't be able to enjoying the full glorious gaming utopia of Steam.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
the only time ie ever buy on Steam is after i do these three things:

1) read every review i can find and watch game previews
2) watch a lets play of the game
3) read the games entire Wikipedia

then i rotely play through it at maximum efficiency 2-3 hours a day until completed with maximum achievements . i remove the game from my favorites list and into a 'completed' list which i then remove from my Hard drive.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

carrion kit posted:

then i rotely play through it at maximum efficiency 2-3 hours a day until completed with maximum achievements . i remove the game from my favorites list and into a 'completed' list which i then remove from my Hard drive.

I applaud your efficiency so much so that I will integrate that into my playing patterns immediately.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i remember buying like 5 pc games in the past 3 years but somehow about 300 of them ended up in my steam account

i get steam codes in a fugue state or something

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
i have spent thousands

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
$5? poo poo, why should I have to buy like 20 steam games to be considered a non-poor?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

I've been gifted games that I've sent videos to people I didn't even know were gamers.

I'm on a Vista era shitbox, I ain't gonna be playing no surgeon simulator, people!

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

carrion kit posted:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I have 376 games. Although, like I said earlier, 100 of them don't really count since they came in a huge rear end bundle.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

i have 723 and if you don't like it you can suck my weiner

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I have 186 and I've only played the ones that have "Batman: Arkham" or "Cry" in the name.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyhvtKa--wg

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I've spent well over a grand.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

go buy a game about it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hmm pay money to talk to people and interact with a community of mentally crippled slobs ??? fool me once. . .

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Does receiving gifts thru Steam get you out of the Steam Ghetto, or do you have to purchase with your own credit card?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
who the gently caress is using steam, but not buying any games. sure gonna go install Steam, Uplay, Origin and Games for Motherfuckin' Windows Live for no god drat fuckin' reason

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Zoinker posted:

Does receiving gifts thru Steam get you out of the Steam Ghetto, or do you have to purchase with your own credit card?

In true capitalistic fashion, handouts are not enough to get you out of the ghetto. You must put in hard work yourself and bootstrap

posted:

I received my game(s) as a gift, will I gain access to all features?

No, games that have been received as a gift or via Steam Trading are not eligible.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
gently caress anyone who got their steam account without buying Halflife 2 in best buy

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Zoinker posted:

read the loving OP you idiot child

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

gently caress anyone who got their steam account without buying Halflife 2 in best buy

:hf:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i bought the orange box, that's close at least

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
People pay for video games still?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

poo poo posts (poo poo post)
on the back of your thread
but i don't give a crap because dad gay so what

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Germstore posted:

who the gently caress is using steam, but not buying any games. sure gonna go install Steam, Uplay, Origin and Games for Motherfuckin' Windows Live for no god drat fuckin' reason

I guess the people who bought the physical version of a game that requires Steam to run? Like Skyrim or something.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

11 year steam accounts represent!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

oblique posted:

i have 723 and if you don't like it you can suck my weiner

god drat. You are the steam-lord.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
stfu and spend $5

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
cool now I won't get 5 friend requests a day from bots trying to steal my fake hats

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

InterFaced posted:

god drat. You are the steam-lord.

you may be my squire. fetch me my gaming breeches.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Vargs posted:

gently caress you op

If you're some Russian whose only source of income is Dota hats, I suppose this might be crushing to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

oblique posted:

you may be my squire. fetch me my gaming breeches.

over 700, do you have anything left to buy?

• Locked thread