Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Hansen look terrible. Really old and poo poo.

Starting to look like William Shatner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Fetus Tree posted:

yeah that guy looked pretty read to gently caress a kid, idk why that lionel guy was so mad

because it was entrapment if the 13 year-old wasn't even real.

because thanks to the thought police, it is now illegal to even think about maybe considering thinking about actually diddling a minor (who wasn't actually real in this case).

looks like 1984 wasn't so much of a fiction piece after all, folks.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I'll shamefully admit that I'm pretty close to spending $40 to get a autographed Chris Hansen meme picture.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i'm going to start a kickstarter to raise $500 so i can get a 20 min skype call with chris hansen wherein i show him my dick, for 20 mins of silence

will you back me?

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

City of Tampa posted:

I'll shamefully admit that I'm pretty close to spending $40 to get a autographed Chris Hansen meme picture.

It'd be cheaper and easier just to make it yourself and just say "I got it off kickstarter", that way you look cool and philanthropic. Nobody will question that.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Also this is a good article about why To Catch A Predator was pretty evil (even if it was amazingly entertaining television).

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a3269/predator0907/

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
On July 22, 2006, an officer named Kevin Carter approached Chief Myrick and told him that a group called Perverted Justice had offered the Murphy Police Department its services. Two days later, Perverted Justice demonstrated what it could do, feeding the department information regarding an east-Texas ophthalmologist who'd been chatting with a Perverted Justice decoy. The doctor, Perverted Justice informed the police, had set up a liaison at a Murphy convenience store. Chief Myrick dispatched officers to the store, and sure enough, there was the doctor, waiting patiently in the front seat of his Ford Expedition, with a brand-new teddy bear. After the cops arrested the doctor, they seized his vehicle, which became de facto city property. Chief Myrick, who would eventually use that Ford Expedition as his ride-around vehicle, was hooked.

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

this guy rules

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGhP3p6lI3U

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

How old is Hansen? He looks great for an old guy actually

Lol if you expected him to look the same as 15 years ago

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Chris Hansen is in a future where psychic cops can arrest pedophiles before they prey on children
Then a team of police knock on Chris Hansen's door, turns out he's got a warrant for his arrest for future-pedophilia
This summer, Chris must discover the truth in Minor Report

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

City of Tampa posted:

Also this is a good article about why To Catch A Predator was pretty evil (even if it was amazingly entertaining television).

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a3269/predator0907/

I tired reading that but holy poo poo they could never get to the loving point. Skimming it seems a DA tried to have sex with what he thought was a little kid, got caught, then shot himself. Good. I don't see how that makes it pretty evil.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Germstore posted:

Not that anything he said is untrue, but that dude defo was trying to bang a child.

Did the next best thing. Banged himself.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dr qq posted:

this guy rules

he sounds like someone who wore a bowtie to highschool and got his rear end kicked incessantly

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

dMastri posted:

i'm going to start a kickstarter to raise $500 so i can get a 20 min skype call with chris hansen wherein i show him my dick, for 20 mins of silence

will you back me?

That's more of a GoFundMe project.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
didn't a lot of the pedos get their cases thrown out because the evidence against them was inadmissible? I thought I heard a number like 50%

I'm going to set up a perverted justice thing but instead of getting them arrested I'll just rob them. "Hey mr, I'm 10 and I think stacks of hundreds and any jewelry you have laying around are really hot"

spacemang_spliff fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 19, 2015

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"waaaaaah its entrapment" get over it losers, it was the best tv show of all time. maybe if those guys didnt want to be on tv portrayed as interested in kid loving they shouldnt have driven 4 hours to gently caress a kid.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would absolutely fund a kickstarter if this was to be a movie about Chris Hanson hunting the Predator.

Maybe when the camera crews show up he can engage the self-destruct.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 19, 2015

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

shiksa posted:

"waaaaaah its entrapment" get over it losers, it was the best tv show of all time. maybe if those guys didnt want to be on tv portrayed as interested in kid loving they shouldnt have driven 4 hours to gently caress a kid.

but the suicide sailor didn't even drive to the kid, he pulled out during conversation which is why Dateline overstepped boundaries. HE was the one being lured.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

diabeetz posted:

but the suicide sailor didn't even drive to the kid, he pulled out during conversation which is why Dateline overstepped boundaries. HE was the one being lured.

who gives a poo poo about the technicalities, he was grooming what he thought was a child for sex

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

It'd be cheaper and easier just to make it yourself and just say "I got it off kickstarter", that way you look cool and philanthropic. Nobody will question that.

Yeah but I'd know that it wasn't real and that would bother me. I only want authentic Chris Hansen merchandise.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
http://za.ign.com/tech/88194/news/youtube-swaps-to-html5-video-as-new-default-web-pl

Why does he link this page when he talks about how people love to watch the old episodes online? It has absolutely nothing to do with his show.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

diabeetz posted:

because thanks to the thought police, it is now illegal to even think about maybe considering thinking about actually diddling a minor (who wasn't actually real in this case).

Umm.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

PerpetualSelf posted:

I'd bet good money Hansen is a pedophile.

to catch a thief...

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
look I don't support pedos, I'm just being devil's advocate. you would all oppose if NBC launched a vigilante team for piracy or offensive smells. you can't say one thing gets to be an exception to the rule.

like jokes about rape. or child molestation.

lol.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

diabeetz posted:

got a live one here folks

[fake edit]
in case this isn't a weird "lol I'm making myself look like a pedophile" troll, entrapment only occurs if a reasonable person would be enticed into doing something extraordinary by the means of coercion applied.

showing up to diddle what you think is a 13 year old isn't something a reasonable person would do

you loving pedophile

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
ftr I've seen every episode and I support it and all their efforts (but not enough to give Hansen my money)

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I don't support the show because it reeks of faulty investigatory processes that ruin otherwise legitimate convictions

"I've watched every episode of the show because I'm trying to work out if the 13/f/CA I've been chatting to on AOL is on the level" ~ forums poster diabeetz

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

lol nothing I love more than to drink my morning jo out of a mug reminding me of child molestation.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
boy howdy it sure was convienent for there to be a person in this here thread legitimately criticizing the show for ruining child molesters, let me set them straight!

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
gently caress a voicemail greeting, who lets it ring long enough to get to that anymore? How much to have chris hansen sit at my desk at work for a couple days telling anyone who comes by to "take a seat, yeah right over there"?

I'll donate if there are 900% more cops in ghillie suits pretending to be shrubbery

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Zazi posted:

showing up to diddle what you think is a 13 year old isn't something a reasonable person would do

That's pretty much why you can't feel bad for these guys. They sometimes drove for, like, 6 hours to meet a 12 or 13 year old. What kind of thought process leads someone to this decision? They know exactly it's not right, and driving all the way up, and bringing presents etc... they just got a plan. This wasn't even a by-chance, impulse thing.

Still the kind of media circus they turn this into is pretty disgusting.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If little kids didn't want to be hosed they shouldn't type so sexily

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

To catch a predator is so funny yet so hosed up at the same time. On one hand I love seeing some balding, middle aged, child fucker getting his rear end thrown to the ground and yet at the same time I realize that these creeps have family's and careers that are totally ruined by the show

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
its not the show though, it's their uncontrollable desire to rape a child.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

To catch a predator is so funny yet so hosed up at the same time. On one hand I love seeing some balding, middle aged, child fucker getting his rear end thrown to the ground and yet at the same time I realize that these creeps have family's and careers that are totally ruined by the show

yeah haha it owns

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
this thread reminded me of old man murray's alien vs. child predator game and I thank it for that

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
we already caught one

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
catch the preds hansen

this is a lawyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

shiksa posted:

Yea its in no way, shape, or form entrapment and only idiots would think so.

• Locked thread