Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
In today's episode, Sakura Bedsor is at last grossly incandescent.

Death Count: 174

This episode also has the most screaming of any episode and also one of my favorite moments in my entire playthrough. I was really excited to put this one up.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I get mad and actually shut up for a second so I can focus instead of jabbering like a jackass nonstop.

Death Count: 184

DocGator
May 6, 2007

The monster tag team death before the firesage fight and the double praise the sun before the centipede made this my favorite episode so far.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I am truly terrified by what I see in the upcoming video. You probably all know what it is and it scares the hell out of me and I don't like looking at them or thinking about them.

Death Count: 187

DocGator posted:

The monster tag team death before the firesage fight and the double praise the sun before the centipede made this my favorite episode so far.

This is also one of my favorite deaths and you shall be... :siren:IN THE FANART POST AGAIN!!:siren:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I'm pretty sure that spray is actually wearing down the durability of your equipment. Since you just repaired it all and then unequipped the talisman, there's nothing that will be close to breaking, but I think the durability will have dropped a lot.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I missed an update on Monday because I had friends in town.

Here's a video where Sakura Bedsor fights a mean old tree just like in Kirby.

Death Count: 195

Nidoking posted:

I'm pretty sure that spray is actually wearing down the durability of your equipment. Since you just repaired it all and then unequipped the talisman, there's nothing that will be close to breaking, but I think the durability will have dropped a lot.

No, I'm pretty sure he missed me with that attack, as will be seen in this video. It's pretty darn effective when it hits.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
RIP Onion guy. Even having full knowledge of how to continue the quest, the task is just bullshit enough that people gently caress it up 50% of the time anyway.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Siggy, nooo! Seriously though, that's such a dick move all the around. Likable characters shouldn't go out in a blaze of pointless glory :black101:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

RIP Onion guy. Even having full knowledge of how to continue the quest, the task is just bullshit enough that people gently caress it up 50% of the time anyway.

pointlessone posted:

Siggy, nooo! Seriously though, that's such a dick move all the around. Likable characters shouldn't go out in a blaze of pointless glory :black101:

In my NG+, I talked to NPCs a lot more and Andre calls him "Bumbling Sir Onion" and I liked him even more. I'm going to try to save him this time, but I looked up how and YIKES.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, it's so easy to mess up the triggers in that scene, it's absurd.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Sakura has chopped the tree down, and now the search for a fire sword begins...!

Death Count: 199

Death 200 in the next video. I probably won't do too much special for it since I don't think there's a version of Ave Maria long enough. Might throw in a bonus episode of some description though...!

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay, here we go. Death 200. Video's late because I said I wouldn't do anything special for it and then stayed up all night doing it anyway.

Death Count: :siren:200:siren:

Here's to 200 more. Thanks everybody.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

samu3lk posted:

Okay, here we go. Death 200. Video's late because I said I wouldn't do anything special for it and then stayed up all night doing it anyway.

Death Count: :siren:200:siren:

Here's to 200 more. Thanks everybody.

A worthy #200!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Pretty neat that death #200 was specifically that one death.
I like your simplified approach at comparing shield stats.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Pretty neat that death #200 was specifically that one death.
I like your simplified approach at comparing shield stats.

"Simplified" meaning I have no idea what I'm looking at. I don't usually play RPGs, so comparing stats is kind of new territory.

Plus I'm just generally a little stupid.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
I think he was being facetious with "simplified", because you're looking at completely the wrong numbers when comparing shields.

In your defense, the fact that Dark Souls makes the wrong numbers so prominent is poor design.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

It's a new episode and a special :siren: BONUS VIDEO :siren:

In the regular video, I explore the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. In the bonus video, I play some NG+ bullshit.

Death Count: 204

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Hello I took some time off. Now I'm back and working on this thing again.

I'm going to go kill the poo poo out of some big naked dragon.

Death Count: 207

meatgetsdirty
Apr 18, 2008
I'm really enjoying this LP so far, but drat that one chest you kept walking past by the stairs that lead down to the clearing full of crystal golems really made my knuckles itch. All the rest of the blind run shenanigans have been hilarious, but for some reason that one chest... I don't even remember what's in there. Anyway keep up the good work and thanks.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

meatgetsdirty posted:

I'm really enjoying this LP so far, but drat that one chest you kept walking past by the stairs that lead down to the clearing full of crystal golems really made my knuckles itch. All the rest of the blind run shenanigans have been hilarious, but for some reason that one chest... I don't even remember what's in there. Anyway keep up the good work and thanks.

Cool, thanks!

Are you talking about the one in the library? If so, I know the one you're talking about and I'm pretty sure I do eventually go back and get it in one of the last episodes of the LP or it happens off-camera

Not sure how I keep missing it, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm kind of stupid.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Don't worry about the chest man, it's filled with unremarkable items. If memory serves, it just gives you a whole bunch of those little glittery party stones that you can drop on the ground to either mark a spot or check if a jump will be fatal. It's just the game being nice by giving you a tip about using those things in the crystal caves to find your way. Arrows can work too in a pinch though I guess. :v:

I find those purging stones to have the grimmest piece of lore attached to them. If you check its description, it explains a bit how they work. The gist of it is that the stones are made out of the remains of people and they act like curse sponges: using one doesn't destroy the curse, you just end up giving the curse to the dead guy instead. Sucker.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Here we go, it's Monday. Time for a new one and A BONUS EPISODE AGAIN. It's another one of me trying to beat Ornstein and Smough in NG+.

I don't do it this time either.

On that note, if there's anything I missed or some kind of challenge for me you'd like to see in NG+, let me know and I might make a bonus video of it.

Death Count: 209

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Eric's "poo poo!" probably had to do with his call dropping, but I choose to believe that he just realized that you can't get out of the Painted World. At least you're not borderline underleveled and underequipped as I was when I first entered.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

Eric's "poo poo!" probably had to do with his call dropping, but I choose to believe that he just realized that you can't get out of the Painted World. At least you're not borderline underleveled and underequipped as I was when I first entered.

Yeah, I'm in fact a little bit too strong, as I pretty much breeze through this whole area.

Death Count: 210

About 42 minutes in, the call drops. Eric and Ben come back, but they're kinda quiet. I would have fixed it, but it's at the end of the video, so why bother?

I just realized something :siren: SPOILERS FOR THE VIDEO BELOW :siren:

You know how after killing the undead dragon, its rear end is still on the bridge?

Is that a joke about how Priscilla is HALF DRAGON herself?? Because if so that's really funny, From.

ALSO ALSO I might be streaming the first few minutes of Metal Gear 5 tomorrow if you losers aren't playing it and also Eric will probably be with me.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 1, 2015

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
She might have been half dragon but between the two, Sakura is the real monster

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

samu3lk posted:

Yeah, I'm in fact a little bit too strong, as I pretty much breeze through this whole area.
Having a fire weapon certainly helps, too, as it prevents the bloated zombies from exploding into a cloud of toxin.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

She might have been half dragon but between the two, Sakura is the real monster

After reading some of her backstory, and recognize the Peculiar Doll belonged to her, I feel ashamed for my words and deeds.

Sorry it took me so long to get to a new episode, everybody. I've had some things come up and I've been lazy. I've been working all night on getting myself ahead on this thing.

Death Count: 213

Also click that link up there or this one right here to watch Eric and myself get giddy and stupid about Metal Gear Solid.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Any of you guys want to go see a dead body?

Death Count: 217

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The Eye of Death is one of those items that doesn't tangibly do anything but really messes with other people if you do it right. As I understand it, it only has a noticeable effect if it hits somebody who's beaten the game once already. In that case, it fills the area they're in with black phantom enemies that respawn at every bonfire. The only way for them to eliminate those phantoms is to figure out where you used the Eye of Death, where there will be a summon sign that transports them to your world. If they kill you, the phantoms vanish. If you kill them, you probably get another Eye of Death, and that's how you increase your stock if you don't feel like grinding basilisks for them. It also wouldn't surprise me if the condition for making the coffin move is having at least one in your inventory, although it probably is just killing the demon in that room.

Also, since the area down that ladder Eric said was "progress" clearly isn't, it's about a dozen giant skeletons guarding an Ember that you probably won't bother to use. I think it's a pretty good one, but once you get it, you're past most of the areas where you'd need to use the upgrade it gives you.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

samu3lk posted:

Any of you guys want to go see a dead body?

Death Count: 217

Not really, but want to see more banter like that. That's just the first video of a recording session, isn't it?

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

Not really, but want to see more banter like that. That's just the first video of a recording session, isn't it?

Yeah, usually if an episode starts with the title screen, it's the first in a session and THANKS. I tend to prefer LPs that are more chatty and I was afraid telling stories about my grandma would be awful.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Nidoking posted:

Also, since the area down that ladder Eric said was "progress" clearly isn't, it's about a dozen giant skeletons guarding an Ember that you probably won't bother to use. I think it's a pretty good one, but once you get it, you're past most of the areas where you'd need to use the upgrade it gives you.

That room also generally makes ground beef out of any player unlucky enough to step down there.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

That room also generally makes ground beef out of any player unlucky enough to step down there.

For it would be undignified to die with fewer than 10 Lightning Spears still available.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Nidoking posted:

For it would be undignified to die with fewer than 10 Lightning Spears still available.

I do eventually go in there. I'm pretty sure it's off camera though. And you were right, I don't think I ever use it. I do put a new enchantment on Sakura Jr. later, though.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

This episode has one of my absolute all time favorite deaths in it. It's the one I laugh hardest at in the video.

Death Count: 225

I'm going to start a new side LP, since I'm not recording anything currently. I'm going to post it in this thread because it is... VERY SLIGHTLY RELATED??

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay, here we go. A new episode and a bonus episode or a first episode of a side LP to do while we're here together?? Let's see.

Let's fight a guy wearing a dress made out of skeletons.

Death Count: 231

meatgetsdirty
Apr 18, 2008
Watching you suddenly "get" Nito was pretty awesome to see.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay, here we go. A new episode and a bonus episode or a first episode of a side LP to do while we're here together?? Let's see.

Let's fight a guy wearing a dress made out of skeletons.

Death Count: 231

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

It's time to play another round of the old soul ha ha ha.

Death Count: 233

meatgetsdirty posted:

Watching you suddenly "get" Nito was pretty awesome to see.

Yeah, I feel like that was a very Dark Souls-y moment. Like, part of this game is experimenting and finding out what works and right then I was rewarded for getting in his fuckin' grill.

This is such a great game you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

If you haven't found her yet, the lady you rescued in the Catacombs is now praying in the church.

• Locked thread