Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
Okay, Dark Souls is over and done with. Now I'm going to finish up Mario 64 until the thread is dead.

Here we are playing Mario 64 again.

Super special guest in this episode is my friend Tyler. He was my first ever cohost on the first ever LP I did of Mario 64, and he graciously said he'd come back.

Also in this episode and the one after it, I get really drunk, so uh stay tuned for that.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocGator
May 6, 2007

Congrats on the lp! As somebody who came in late and spent long hours after work catching up, I have to say I really enjoyed this playthrough.

And parrying the gently caress out of Gwyn was super rad

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
When you were hanging from those monkey bars to get those final 5 coins of Hazy Maze Cave, I suddenly got a flashback from a hard earned lesson from 20 years ago.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

When you were hanging from those monkey bars to get those final 5 coins of Hazy Maze Cave, I suddenly got a flashback from a hard earned lesson from 20 years ago.

Yeah that sucked. Also I'm almost positive I've done it before too, but I rarely learn from my mistakes.

DocGator posted:

Congrats on the lp! As somebody who came in late and spent long hours after work catching up, I have to say I really enjoyed this playthrough.

And parrying the gently caress out of Gwyn was super rad

Awesome, thanks! It felt really good to figure that out. It's one of my favorite things about this game. That moment when things just fall into place and you GET IT.

Coming up: I'm going to finish Mario 64, then Eric is going to run a game, then I'm going to start a blind-ish run of Demon's Souls. I'll probably put Demon's in this thread just to keep everything in one place.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

More Mario 64. Tyler and I proceed to get drunk and get the giggles.

Eric is a good boy who doesn't drink while recording.

In this one we knock out Hazy Maze Cave and Shifting Sand Land. We also talk about Mary Worth, The Punisher, beer, prank calls, and dying old women.

TylerHendrix
Jul 11, 2012

bad things
that special guest you have sounds like a real swell fellow

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

TylerHendrix posted:

that special guest you have sounds like a real swell fellow

He's an rear end hole.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Hi guys.

We spend most of this video doing Wet-Dry World because I can't remember where any of the stars are. Also we start in on Snowman's Land! AND WE ARE DRUNK IN THIS ONE TOO!!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
The Wet Dry World church's congregation was drowned by the sealers to keep the darkwraiths in there. Way to unflood the place and get out of dodge, Mario.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

The Wet Dry World church's congregation was drowned by the sealers to keep the darkwraiths in there. Way to unflood the place and get out of dodge, Mario.

Oh my gosh...!!!!!

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

So I got a little distracted by holidays and busy weekends and art shows and stuff.

Here's two Marios to make up for it. There's probably two more after this because I AM GETTING CLOSE. I think my favorite thing about these is we get progressively more drunk and stupid and just chat because what can you really say about Mario 64?

In this episode, Eric and Tyler and I continue Snowman's Land and wrap up Tall Tall Mountain. We discuss art, weird fetish websites, and whether or not our dads have ever seen a boob.

Mallory makes her triumphant return as we finish Tiny Huge Island and begin Tick Tock Clock, my most hated level. We also discuss convenience stores, mom's dog, comic books, art, and Randy Newman.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

samu3lk posted:

we get progressively more drunk and stupid and just chat
That's why I keep watching these, so keep up the good job.

Also, Stuckey's chat is relevant to video games as it's the inspiration for Snuckey's in Sam & Max Hit the Road. :eng101:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

In this episode we continue Tick Tock Clock, give up on Tick Tock Clock, get a Secret Star, and start on Rainbow Ride. We discuss candles, art, drugs, broth, and Tommy Lee Jones.

Also here's a bonus video we recorded immediately after this recording session where I play a lovely game Eric bought for me.

EDIT:

Oh yeah I keep saying I'm going to post pictures of stuff. Here's my mom's dog's shaved legs:

And here's my art wall. Mallory did Hitler, the snake in the middle, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 27, 2016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

samu3lk posted:

And here's my art wall. Mallory did Hitler, the snake in the middle, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

That's amazing stuff from Mallory!

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

That's amazing stuff from Mallory!

Yeah man, it's really hard for me to not just fill my wall with her stuff. She's at https://www.mhodgkin.com and has a lot of prints and original art you can put in your house.

IN NO WAY DO I BENEFIT FROM THIS ENDORSEMENT.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

In this episode we wrap up Tick Tock Clock and make a big dent in Rainbow Ride. We also discuss Christmas presents, illnesses, money for nothing, chicks for free.

We are nearing the end of our journey here in this thread.

Oh yeah here are the Four Samurai Swords, Mario, and a Goku that Mallory drew on a giant Post-It note. The cobra one makes me feel like Jafar!

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 5, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay, that's it! In this episode, Sam, Eric, Tyler, and Mallory wrap up Rainbow Ride and take on Bowser for the final time! Topics of discussion include Mallory having an alligator up her butt, fiddle loving, Bowser's dick, and they make fun of peoples' names in the credits. Thank you so much for to watching my Let's Play!!

Thank you so much for to watching my Let's Plays. I think this is the end of the thread for now. I'm still going to be posting videos on my Youtube, but not posting them in the thread unless you guys want me to. There's a video of me trying out Grow Home up right now

Eric's going to be doing an LP of some point-and-click games and I'll paste the link to the thread here when he gets it up. We recorded the first episode on Friday and it's pretty funny.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Why wouldn't you post them? It's not like the thread is stealing a spot from the 12 other dark souls threads, especially since you've been done with that for a while now.
Just PM a mod and ask them to rename the thread to "SamK LPin crap so you don't have to" or something

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 9, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Why wouldn't you post them? It's not like the thread is stealing a spot from the 12 other dark souls threads, especially since you've been done with that for a while now.
Just PM a mod and ask them to rename the thread to "SamK LPin crap so you don't have to" or something

Not a bad idea. I just sent a message and I'll keep posting things here. I'll put up a new OP that explains the direction the thread is taking here in the next couple days.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

New thread title, same old bullshit. I'm just going to make this a thread for the stuff me and my friends make IF THATS OKAY! I'm going to update the OP to reflect that eventually when I have some time.

More Grow Home. I really love this game. It's really cute and enjoyable.

I'm still solo in these, and I've recorded two more after this. I might invite somebody to be with me, but I want to practice talking to myself.

Eric's editing our adventure game he started recording. I don't know when he's going to be ready for that but sometime soon.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

More Grow Home is coming soon, but for now Eric is forcing us to play really lovely point-and-click adventure games.

First up is Escape the Lost Kingdom

He really hosed up the audio in this one and the game is really loud, but luckily I spend most of the video screaming in fury at Eric so you can at least hear me.

He went ahead and put the second episode up too.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 19, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

This episode was posted in memoriam of Samuel K and Ricky Dingle.

(This isn't really the last episode)

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Wow it's been a while. Like we actually did die. Maybe... We did.

We talk about our dreams and nightmares and fears in this one. Also Ewic gets embawassed by me sometimes.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oh my god fifteen minutes in :lol:

Did Eric die before completing the point and click adventure?

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

oldskool posted:

oh my god fifteen minutes in :lol:

Did Eric die before completing the point and click adventure?

Oh yeah, poo poo. I forgot to post those when Eric put them up. That series is done and he actually managed to mix the sound WORSE in the last episodes.

Again, luckily, I am drunk and angry and screaming.

Escape the Lost Kingdom Episode 3: "Use Your Glyph Vision!"
"We continue our trek into the Lost Kingdom, play some Simon, and collect all 9 (???) Chaos Emeralds! Also Sam is just about fed up with my treasure hunting ability."
Escape the Lost Kingdom Episode 4: "There's Something Missing"
"Jynxie does a dance, we mess around entirely too long with columns, and Sam goes Buck loving Wild this week on Escape the Lost Kingdom!!!"
Escape the Lost Kingdom Episode 5: "Bug Toucher Simulator"
"We finally escape The Lost Kingdom by grabbing bugs, stealing artifacts, and leaving our pets behind!"

We're done with that one, and we're two sessions into the game after that which I think Eric is about to start uploading soon. I promise you, PROMISE YOU, that we did tests to fix the audio in the next videos. Eric was using a new setup for Lost Kingdom and didn't know what he was doing and we thought it was fine.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 1, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Lost Kingdom is done. New game begun:

Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can! Part 1: "Chap-Man"
"We begin the investigation in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can - Collector's Edition!! We head down to Chicago for a slice of deep dish, engage in some petty theft, dig around in some garbage, and get stuck in the FOREVER CYCLE."

Also I think Eric and i are going to get around to recording more Grow Home this week. I've been busy writing a Dungeons and Dragons campaign because I am a dork.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

"I think I'm loving this up" and then two clicks later you've solved the puzzle :laffo: Eric you glorious knot-untying bastard.

oh god brick sudoku...loving why

You guys are my favorite LP group, I'm somehow looking forward to more point and click adventures and running around picking up crystals and whatever else you guys try to do!

DocGator
May 6, 2007

The last minute of this video (specifically whatever bullshit happened with the terrible floating ghost face) cracked me the gently caress up. I can't wait to see where this goes

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

oldskool posted:

You guys are my favorite LP group, I'm somehow looking forward to more point and click adventures and running around picking up crystals and whatever else you guys try to do!

Oh man, thanks!! We're working on more of those. For now:

In this episode we're Men Behaving Badly as we finish getting to the top of the big plant?? Kid Rock is here?? I forget what we said in this one.

We started a new episode and then my Internet died, so we did this one and then the next one too!!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I liked Shrek the Musical, you jerk! :smith:

:laffo: You got your comeuppance diving through the ship

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Welcome to JOLLY OLD ENGLAND!!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just wanted to say that your Grow Home playthrough has been a joy and a treat :allears: I really want to play it but I can get pretty bad motion sickness from a lot of random stuff, though I don't really get it from your videos.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Just wanted to say that your Grow Home playthrough has been a joy and a treat :allears: I really want to play it but I can get pretty bad motion sickness from a lot of random stuff, though I don't really get it from your videos.

Oh awesome! I appreciate it. Yeah, the game is really cute, but I think I've mentioned in the commentary that I get a little dizzy at the heights in it.

Speaking of, here's this thing:

In this episode we learn that the enemy of my friend is my mom?? Is that how that saying goes? I dunno.

Also Eric made this thing:

In this episode, Eric has to remind us that we're having fun and Tyler and I talk about jacking off.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Hey, do you guys want something kinda different?? Let's play some loving Dungeons and Dragons.

Episode 1: "Midnight Skank Party"

Knight Crawlers is a real play series of Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. In this - our first episode - heroes meet at midnight and skank in the woods! Someone flies. Someone dies. John Bone blasts some bats! Bart chokes a dog! Britney Spears did it again!

I'm thinking about giving this one its own thread, but I'll keep posting episodes here too if you guys would like.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay here's more of this trash.

I genuinely hate this game, but Eric seems to like it, God bless him.

More Grow Home and Knight Crawlers later this week.

John Bone approves.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

LETS ROLL SOME FUCKIN DICE

Episode 2: "Do Kids Like Trombone Music?"

In this episode of Knight Crawlers, the DM growls and rasps his way to a sore throat, Britney Spears makes a startling discovery, John Bone and Bart become working men, and Sneaky Charles makes a new friend! #TeensRule

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Oh yeah I said I was going to update on Friday but instead we played Dungeons and Dragons and then I got too drunk and forgot to do it all weekend.

Sorry. Here's an episode of Anita Sarkeesian where Eric and I both use the Lord's name in vain within the first 10 seconds.

Look at this photograph.

I've only been using 10% of my true detective power...!

In this episode, Eric and I record an episode with absolutely no agenda, no plans, and no sense of what we're doing. In absolutely no way do we cheat to beat this game. Eric and I are just having a friendly conversation.

I'm going to have to do a lot of editing to Knight Crawlers, so I'm gonna keep hacking away at it. We had some technical difficulties and my rear end in a top hat players keep skipping all the quest hooks and sidequests I lay out for them.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 30, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Only at the Hog Games can you see the Disco Chicken.

We're going to find this murderer and beat the Devil out of them. That's so crazy.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:stare:

You need thirty pieces of cloth for no apparent reason to open a door so you can play Simon to drive a train to take a key out of a mannequin's purse so you can put the cloth pieces back together into a dress?

How bad were the coders at preventing the playtesters from sequence-breaking that THIS was their solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

oldskool posted:

:stare:

You need thirty pieces of cloth for no apparent reason to open a door so you can play Simon to drive a train to take a key out of a mannequin's purse so you can put the cloth pieces back together into a dress?

How bad were the coders at preventing the playtesters from sequence-breaking that THIS was their solution?

It's best not to question the thin veneer of plot that drives hidden object games. That said, if you guys have never played the Lucasarts adventure games, I'd love to see you drunkenly stagger through Escape from Monkey Island (the worst monkey island)

• Locked thread