Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Because I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
:gas:

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
:triggered:

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
some people get bad ptsd from poo poo op. Its a bit worse than a pet peeve. but yes some people use "trigger" for things that aren't triggers because they like to be victims. i hope this settles things

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.
it's my goal in life to "trigger" as many whiny bitch millennials as humanly possible.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
do you remember when people used to post their comments about something someone said in a thread in the same thread as the comment theyre complaining about

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

do you remember when people used to post their comments about something someone said in a thread in the same thread as the comment theyre complaining about

Your obvious need to threadshit is triggering me

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Excuse me. Pet Peeving me.

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

Remember when no one outside of a small minority of the Internet has ever used the word triggered in that context? That's right now

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I had to explain to my wife what triggering was and as I was doing it (as with most internet things I try to explain to her) it hits me how loving stupid it is.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
whenever you explain anything from the internet you should promptly realize 2 things, A) that its stupid and B) that you should not explain internet things irl

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

Your obvious need to threadshit is triggering me
yeah whoops this thread is only for passive aggression my mistake

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
My trigs are triggering.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Swizzbutt posted:

Remember when no one outside of a small minority of the Internet has ever used the word triggered in that context? That's right now

I just heard "trigger" with it's internet meaning yesterday on NPR. Some girl was talking about how women feel social pressure to attend parties or something

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Fetus Tree posted:

whenever you explain anything from the internet you should promptly realize 2 things, A) that its stupid and B) that you should not explain internet things irl

You can see in their eyes them losing a little bit of respect for you.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Do you remember hitting your "friend" with a "shovel" OP?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I don't remember this at all.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Decebal posted:

I just heard "trigger" with it's internet meaning yesterday on NPR. Some girl was talking about how women feel social pressure to attend parties or something

She should be forced to work in a coal mine for a year.

loving little girls.

:colbert:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I remember when triggers were just things cops used to murder minorities.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
does anyone have a comprehensive list of triggers? I know "diet" is one of them. what are the others?

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
My Grandpappy gave me a call earlier and was rambling on something about trigger and pet peeves from when he was a kid. Coincidence much?!?!

Anyway, he's pushing seventy now, so I think the whole trigger "used to be" bizzo from the OP might be a bit off there.. well, unless OP is real old too.

e:Nevernind. Just went and found out what Pops was actually waffling on about earlier, so it wouldn't sound like I'm bullshitting... and his trigger pet peeve yarn revolved around...

loving Trigger. *rolls eyes*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Head posted:

does anyone have a comprehensive list of triggers? I know "diet" is one of them. what are the others?

shower

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
It's probably been used when talking about PTSD issues for a long time--an event that triggers flashbacks, etc. I feel like "trigger" went from just being part of a sentence to A THING that everyone must tiptoe around on the internet because :qq:

Some warnings are definitely good to have, like if your article is about to have a graphic description of rape/murder/etc. that could really gently caress with someone with PTSD. Or, hell, could just make people super uncomfortable. But don't expect me to give a poo poo when your parents don't respect your kintype and it was triggering and you hyperventilated.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

anyone other than me saying the word 'human being' is v triggering for me

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Ghost Head posted:

3.men with who don't sit crosslegged on public transportation

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

you were warned posted:

It's probably been used when talking about PTSD issues for a long time--an event that triggers flashbacks, etc. I feel like "trigger" went from just being part of a sentence to A THING that everyone must tiptoe around on the internet because :qq:

Some warnings are definitely good to have, like if your article is about to have a graphic description of rape/murder/etc. that could really gently caress with someone with PTSD. Or, hell, could just make people super uncomfortable. But don't expect me to give a poo poo when your parents don't respect your kintype and it was triggering and you hyperventilated.

Which one of your headmates posted this?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
do you remember when windows 98 attempted to commit multiple vehicular-manslaughter by driving head on into his ex-gf and her new bf's car?

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
this isn't what I wanted to read after an 8 hour gay sexy marathon

:gas:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Windows 98 posted:

Which one of your headmates posted this?

I got friends with PTSD okay :mad: That's what happens when you hang out with all the most hosed-up people :(

Of course, that all applies to real, grown-up websites that rely on grown-up ad revenue. Good thing SA lets us all be 14 again and aggrogator will stand by us to the very end!

I find memes very triggering can we please ban all memes

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It probably used to have an important meaning, but was then appropriated by every sensitive crybaby on tumblr.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

pineapple on pizza

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

im pooping! posted:

pineapple on pizza

some lines shouldn't be crossed

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

im pooping! posted:

pineapple on pizza
gives me the 1000 yard stare

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

psyopmonkey2 posted:

loving little girls.

:colbert:

but enough about your hobbies

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

im pooping! posted:

pineapple on pizza

You son of a bitch

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

psyopmonkey2 posted:

She should be forced to work in a coal mine for a year.

loving little girls.
youve been greatly misinformed about what goes on in coal mines

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

is it bad that even though i have no idea who made that i will treat the kind of people i meet in every day life who i assume could have made it much worse for several days after being reminded that they are like this

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
People complaining about tumblr things are have always been way more annoying than actual tumblr people. But then again I don't go to tumblr looking for things to be offended by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
editing an already watermarked image triggers me

• Locked thread