Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

i'd go but i am already planning to driv3e to cali in july and i am not gonna do it twice in one year what do i look like a trucker? besides no one really wants me there/would miss me if i didnt show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
havent been posting much lately but sure ok

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Smythe posted:

u should instead come to jumbos clown room

any room full of yosposters is a jumbo clown room

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm interviewing a guy about a job at mikeller bar at 2pm all of a sudden (yes on a sunday) so i might be a bit late or i might just bring him.

probably not tho

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

sorry I need earlier notice to book flights and accommodations

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Bloody posted:

sorry I need earlier notice to book flights and accommodations

lol if u dont own your own jet

fuckin poors

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

jonad

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if this yosmeat can beat the original back in '13 where EVERYONE brought out their wearables. lots of cool computer comrades there! :hchatter:

but the '14 yosbeat was also pretty fun. lots of new faces and new tech!! "wow" was the word heard most frequently. a few posters forgot their inhalers so we had to cancel the bar crawl, though. :wom:

I'm chuckling about the most recent '15 yosbeef meetup. some jokers thought it would be funny to dress as their favorite borgs. and you know what, they were really funny! let's hope OP can duplicate the magic once again! :magical:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

BeOSPOS posted:

I don't know if this yosmeat can beat the original back in '13 where EVERYONE brought out their wearables. lots of cool computer comrades there! :hchatter:

but the '14 yosbeat was also pretty fun. lots of new faces and new tech!! "wow" was the word heard most frequently. a few posters forgot their inhalers so we had to cancel the bar crawl, though. :wom:

I'm chuckling about the most recent '15 yosbeef meetup. some jokers thought it would be funny to dress as their favorite borgs. and you know what, they were really funny! let's hope OP can duplicate the magic once again! :magical:

you can tell this is fake and actually from the 90s because most of those nerds are not fat

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

lol

irl the last SF meet up I went to was fun and it's lots of chill dudes and the only computer chat was in the "so what do you do for a living" context

pretty sure the only forums chat was "who else from SA lives around here" but it was a big table and I was not privy to every convo

first one was crab dinner and all the talk was about dope rear end secret crabs n noodles

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

you can tell this is fake and actually from the 90s because most of those nerds are not fat

oh but only the most photogenic YOSPOSTERs were in the yearly pics :shrug:

everyone else was either larping or left early to make their dungeon run with their clans

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

now I want crab

psyched to hear about good turnout!

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

goddamn every SF meetup should be at secret crab base

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
zeitgeist does have a really good burger

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
me on discovering what i thought was a little meetup is now public in yospos

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PipeRifle posted:

irl the last SF meet up I went to was fun and it's lots of chill dudes and the only computer chat was in the "so what do you do for a living" context

but computers are the only thing I know how to talk about :smith:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

more like meat up

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
lol im going to crash your fuckers party. im going to show up and sit down and everyone is going bte like "whoa who is this cool buff dude. he's confident to sit down next to the elite of yospos w/o a proper introduction..." and then ppl will ask who i am and ill say "heh im kirk" and everyone is going to freak out and be impressed

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Kirk posted:

lol im going to crash your fuckers party. im going to show up and sit down and everyone is going bte like "whoa who is this cool buff dude. he's confident to sit down next to the elite of yospos w/o a proper introduction..." and then ppl will ask who i am and ill say "heh im kirk" and everyone is going to freak out and be impressed

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
but seriously someone forgot to tell subjunctive the reason why sf goon meets aren't public ❤️🍞

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

this is how I learn :smith:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
oh cool, as chapter president of the san francisco anime club i'm going to bring the party to you guys by having a joint chapter meeting at the same time at zeitgeist!

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

oh cool, as chapter president of the san francisco anime club i'm going to bring the party to you guys by having a joint

learn when to stop talkin, bucko

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Beast of Bourbon posted:

oh cool, as chapter president of the san francisco anime club i'm going to bring the party to you guys by having a joint chapter meeting at the same time at zeitgeist!

Oh, I'm happy I found you then. When's the next cosplay event at Golden Gate Park? Had a blast at the last one and I know we all wanted to do it again

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Suspicious Dish posted:

Oh, I'm happy I found you then. When's the next cosplay event at Golden Gate Park? Had a blast at the last one and I know we all wanted to do it again

today we have 3500 weebs dressing up as their favorite naruto and yu-gi-oh! characters at zeitgeist, although most of them are underage so i had to call ahead and they're only serving fresh juices today, no alcohol.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Kirk posted:

this but only if instead of u it was Dings

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

PipeRifle posted:

notice too short, gently caress you shitlordz

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Beast of Bourbon posted:

today we have 3500 weebs dressing up as their favorite naruto and yu-gi-oh! characters at zeitgeist, although most of them are underage so i had to call ahead and they're only serving fresh juices today, no alcohol.

today???

PipeRifle posted:

notice too short, gently caress you shitlordz

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

jawn/fork bomb please FaceTime me in when you get there using the telepresence robot I assume you have

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

PipeRifle posted:

jawn/fork bomb please FaceTime me in when you get there using the telepresence robot I assume you have

*robot falls over*

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

it's just a roomba with an iPad on it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What happens when sf goon meets become public? do tons of people really show up?

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

define "people"

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

BONGHITZ posted:

What happens when sf goon meets become public? do tons of people really show up?

something sensitive flies in all the permabanned useres to crash the party

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
http://www.thebolditalic.com/articles/987-all-the-reasons-people-get-kicked-out-of-zeitgeist

quote:

Go have a Bloody Mary at Zeitgeist just make sure not to:
• Stand on the tables.
• Take photographs.
• Bring a piñata.
• Bring in ANY outside alcohol.
• Annoy other patrons.
• Sass the bouncers.
• Look, sound, or smell like a hippie.
• Look, sound, or smell like a yuppie.
• Ask too many questions.

not bringing the piñata

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

atomicthumbs posted:

something sensitive

this is new and horrifying information to me

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for this. I'm super psyched!

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I'm taking a dump right now

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
as I write this post a turd is falling out of my rear end in a top hat and splashing it with cold water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
my turds are a lot skinnier these days. probably all that iced coffee

• Locked thread