Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What a lovely call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The red wings defense is fascinating

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

oh my god that bounce and reaction by allen

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit bad, real bad

Glendening's line is about the only good thing happening right now.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Red Wings Defense post-Lidstrom is all the proof I need that Nicklas Lidstrom was the greatest defensive player in the history of hockey.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Well, this PP is not good.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gonna be cool when Babcock puts in Howard for Game 3 and we lose by 8.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

We didn't get swept in this series so I am satisfied.

Secondary Goal: Don't get shut out

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

We didn't get swept in this series so I am satisfied.

Secondary Goal: Don't get shut out

I'd like to see Nyquist or Tatar get A SINGLE POINT between them because they cannot seem to do anything in the playoffs.

edit:

Naet posted:

I think Detroit's going to lose this one by some absurd score. Like 6-0 or something.

:smith:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

1. That was interference.

2. Where the gently caress was Quincey that both Datsyuk and Zetterberg were ahead of him getting back?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
hahahahahah that pick on DeKeyser. Whatever. :rolleyes:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Holy shot Lightning aren't loving around today :stare:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Sit Quincey and Ericsson.

Call up Ouellet and play Smith.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I like that Mrazek is chirping the refs because I believe that all referees are worthy of scorn and disdain, no matter the circumstances.

Attaboy, Pete.

loving bro hug
Mar 7, 2006

I Love The Colorado Avalanche More Than I Love Landeskog's Balls In My Mouth
AND I LOVE LANDESKOG'S BALLS IN MY MOUTH A WHOLE LOT
PS Sakic > Yzerman

Naet posted:

I think Detroit's going to lose this one by some absurd score. Like 6-0 or something.

:smith:

Optimist.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
That's a bad call on parise

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Getting shoved into a goaltender shouldn't be goaltender interference.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Haha. Allen went down so loving easy.

Like, that should be a no call. He got pushed into him and basically hit his glove and thats it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

jesus christ, detroit

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

that is a bullshit call every time.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Getting shoved into a goaltender shouldn't be goaltender interference.

It's not by the rule book that was a bad call. If you want to stop play just blow it dead that's fine

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jesus that was a soft penalty. who the hell are these guys reffing

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Would it be possible to just shoot Lidstrom full of steroids or those stem cells they gave Howe and put him out there? Or gently caress it just go get Gordy he can't do a worse job out there.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Levitate posted:

It's not by the rule book that was a bad call. If you want to stop play just blow it dead that's fine

Huh, the NBCSN guys made me think it was a legit sort of call. The Wild can't buy a call today.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the Wings lose this one by 2 or fewer goals I'm gonna be mad cause the refs basically gifted the Bolts two.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Zucker's getting real physical on the PK in the neutral zone. I like this side of him.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yeah these refs have been terrible

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Huh, the NBCSN guys made me think it was a legit sort of call. The Wild can't buy a call today.

Wasn't 10 minutes ago they were literally gifted one....

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am worried that Babcock is going to start Howard in game 3. That is not a good move.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

VJeff posted:

If the Wings lose this one by 2 or fewer goals I'm gonna be mad cause the refs basically gifted the Bolts two.

no worries there then cuz Detroit ain't scoring today

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Neodoomium posted:

I am worried that Babcock is going to start Howard in game 3. That is not a good move.

Come on, Babcock's not a moron. Anybody with eyes can see these aren't on Mrazek.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

c'mon ref you stupid sack of poo poo what's the difference??????????????

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Top Hats Monthly posted:

They're idiots. If you're pushed into the opposing goalie it's not supposed to be interference. Especially in that circumstance when it's not like he used the contact to run Allen. Refs can also call the play dead instead of calling a penalty if they feel contact kept a goalie from making a play but it wasn't interference penalty

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Duuuub

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

I don't think this happens unless Mrazek completely loses his poo poo in the 3rd. Babcock credited Mrazek for Game 1, and Detroit will still fly out of Tampa with the series tied regardless of how poorly they're going to lose today (6-0).

If Detroit bombs Game 3, we definitely see Howard.

edit:

if Babcock starts Howard next game because of this, then he can gently caress off to Toronto or wherever else and I'll get an avatar of Kyle Quincey and his piercing, sad eyes.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Levitate posted:

They're idiots. If you're pushed into the opposing goalie it's not supposed to be interference. Especially in that circumstance when it's not like he used the contact to run Allen. Refs can also call the play dead instead of calling a penalty if they feel contact kept a goalie from making a play but it wasn't interference penalty

Exactly. We've seen refs blow plays dead all the time. They're free to blow it dead yet not call a penalty.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
goddamn lehtera's line is moving well today

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Dubnyk hacked the poo poo out of Ott, then Ott slewfoot him or tripped him. This game is getting out of control. Refs really need to get a grip.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Why does Canada have a chain called Boston pizza? Boston isn't known for their pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

gently caress this game

• Locked thread