Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Cooke is playing for the Wild? I feel like this could be related to Hitchcock starting off Reaves/Backes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

BUG JUG posted:

Backes is actually a Good Player. Reaves is made of cement.

Oh, no disagreements. Just an aggressive move by Hitchcock putting them both out there to start it off.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
I look forward to revolving matching minors for after the whistle poo poo like round 1 vs the Avs last year.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Oh good, Zuck's hosed up his thumb blocking a shot.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Blues were trying for that one all of Game 1.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

BUG JUG posted:

I want this game to get out of control so Cooke does something loving retarded and gets suspended so loving Yeo stops starting him ahead of anyone with skill.

Don't know what to tell you if you're looking for a Haula/Brodz/Schroeder line when you don't have last change?

Also going to be interesting to see what it takes for the Wild to draw a call tonight.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

BUG JUG posted:

Realtalk dream line: Carter/Brodz/Haula.

Haula's had some weird maturity issues all year. I don't like it either.

I'm not a huge Cooke guy, but if he's healthy he's a substantially better PK/GrindLine option than Carter is.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

soggybagel posted:

Cooke is fine. Blues are playing on the edge right now and thats fine but I think it will be their undoing. Ott will get called for some dumbshit and we saw how Backes over reacted late in last game.

Should have already had one...

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CC5lMg8UgAAOHtl.mp4

That was postwhistle. I also don't get interference on the Dumba call. I'd give boarding or hitting from behind-and something clearly should have been called-but Dumba's starting his hit while Reaves still has the puck.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

bewbies posted:

Are you under the impression that otter should have gotten a penalty because that leopold punched him in the face?

woo playoff posters

Eh... I'd go with wildly inconsistent inseason poster, but whatevs :) I'm under the impression Ott ran a guy after the whistle and the puck wasn't in the frame.

Rough first period, but could have been worse. If the Blues offense is going to be primarily deflections and goalie skates (both sexy plays by Tarasenko!), the Wild should still have a shot.

bewbies posted:

he'd just gotten rid of it. in hockey that's called finishing your check. in no full contact league in the world is that a penalty.

woo playoff posters

e: nvm, you ninjaed the minors in there. No disagreement there. I'd have called the initial hit for being, well, standard Ott-but I'm not wholly unbiased.

That said-Top Hats, if this goes south and you want to give away your Game 3 tickets, hit me up.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

bewbies posted:

holy poo poo people.

i went back and watched the replay just to make sure i'm not crazy or stupid and turns out i'm neither. here i made a handy visual aid

leo'd had the puck less than a second before otter hit him

Could you like, make the puck glow? I think I'd find it easier to Trax it then...

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Wow. That was a poo poo call refs.

Wild PP time. Three shots, maybe?

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Zucker's getting real physical on the PK in the neutral zone. I like this side of him.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Huh, the NBCSN guys made me think it was a legit sort of call. The Wild can't buy a call today.

Wasn't 10 minutes ago they were literally gifted one....

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
So this is how it feels to be a Hawks fan...

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Mmmk. Fluke-rear end goals are now even, let's see if the Wild can get another.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Matt Cooke, taking runs.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Holy. poo poo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CC56hfvUkAAi2V-.mp4

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Backes is going to catch Zucker not paying attention at some point this series and it's going to be *UGLY*

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
fffffff

Let's at least avoid shithead penalties here?

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Backes and Ott on the ice under 2 minutes? Pure class Hitchcock.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

bewbies posted:

yeah hitch, don't use your selke finalist center and best PK winger in these situations

The ones who ended last game with a 10 minute misconduct and a wholly unnecessary crosscheck off the faceoff to a guy half his size?

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Scob posted:

stewart and cooke out there real classy wild

Yeah, that's some hosed up poo poo too. On the plus side, no shenanigans.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

bewbies posted:

they're the blues best defensive forwards. you play your best defensive forwards at the end of close games.

i'm not trying to be rude but are you new to this sport?

No, I'm quite aware of the concept. On the other hand, when you put two guys who are less than 48 hours removed from jackassery (in a game that was essentially over) onto the ice with a 2 goal lead with 2 minutes left, you open yourself up to alternate interpretations.

Also I've been rarelyposting/lurking for embarrassingly close to a decade at this point, so I'm aware that you're actually chill and a good poster... but "playoff posters lolz" to "are you new to the sport" is a hell of a sandwich to "I'm not trying to be rude".

Let's hope we get some more consistent and less atrocious refereeing and fewer flukeass goals as the series moves to St Paul. I'm interested to see if Haula gets any ice time when Yeo gets last change.

e: because I'm a dumbass.

Geoff Peterson fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 18, 2015

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Charles De Mar posted:

I'm really sorry Ken Hitchcock didn't consider your interpretations before playing his Selke candidate in the final minutes of a game they were leading. I hope you get well soon.

Aww, thanks for the well wishes :)

If we're seriously objecting to "I'm a fan who finds it concerning two guys who tried to start poo poo in garbage time last game are on the ice as we near garbage time tonight" then so be it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

bewbies posted:

real talk: i rolled my eyes at backes last game and do regularly but that was a nothing penalty in pro hockey. the idea that it should have influenced hitch to reduce his ice time at the end of a tight game is not really realistic and I guarantee you neither him nor ott were out there for any other reason than to play top quality defense. if you're offended by what backes did you should really avoid watching what happened at the end of vancouver/calgary.

realtalk: No worries and yes, I'm well aware Game 1 doesn't rank on say, the Corey Perry Experience, much less the actual list of lovely lategame/postgame shenanigans. Game 3 should be fun-the teams are pretty evenly matched and I'm interested to see if the Wild can shake whatever it is that's plagued them at the X this year.

• Locked thread