Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
We're all single parts of a whole, man. Like there's all this knowledge in the universe, and species processes it collectively. We're just like cells in a brain. If you were to ask how smart this one specific nueron (me) is, it would be pretty dumb, because thats not how nuerons work. If you ask how smart the whole brain (humanity) is, it's also pretty dumb, imo. So what I'm saying is, I'm pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

youre wife posted:

We're all single parts of a whole, man. Like there's all this knowledge in the universe, and species processes it collectively. We're just like cells in a brain. If you were to ask how smart this one specific nueron (me) is, it would be pretty dumb, because thats not how nuerons work. If you ask how smart the whole brain (humanity) is, it's also pretty dumb, imo. So what I'm saying is, I'm pretty dumb.

:agreed:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
smart people tend to underestimate their intelligence and vice versa

since I'm smart and think I'm kind of smart I must very smart indeed

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Comics book supervillan brilliant INTJ reporting.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Comics book supervillan brilliant INTJ reporting.

intjs are intps with delusions of grandeur

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
you guys are weird

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

i scored 100% on a driving theory test in literally five minutes then grooved out the door while the all the goobers in the room were stuck on question 10 of 50

tldr i am smarter than a DMV classroom full of unsmart plebes

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I'm a dumb hillbilly from a dumb hillbilly town in Oklahoma but I live in a city now and I make hella money so I'm smart enough to leave but still p. dumb imho

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

karma_coma posted:

I'm a dumb hillbilly from a dumb hillbilly town in Oklahoma but I live in a city now and I make hella money so I'm smart enough to leave but still p. dumb imho

shut up lowtax

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I consider myself one of the dumbest people I know and yet people tell me that I'm smart and poo poo
I'm utterly befuddled

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i'm smart at some things and dumb at others op.

i'm narrowly focused

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

memy posted:

I consider myself one of the dumbest people I know and yet people tell me that I'm smart and poo poo
I'm utterly befuddled

you know some very nice people

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

shut up lowtax

I'm not a loving missouri yankee

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
pretty smart in theory, dumb as a box of rocks in practice

i make bad decisions

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm smart enough to have about a 70% win rate in any online video game I play.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

karma_coma posted:

I'm not a loving missouri yankee

was missouri even a territory during our civil war?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
sometimes im a genius but usually im pretty stupid (like right now)

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

was missouri even a territory during our civil war?

I'm an archaeologist, not a historian but I think missouri and kansas hate each other btw both are yankee scum bs states

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Quite a bit smarter at some things than most people (managed a mech eng degree) but quite many of my fellow students are smarter than me at that. I'm also dumb at things normal people are good at.

So basically I'm not so much smart as I have the 'tism, I'm good at stuff normal people find hard and bad at stuff they find easy.

I also know a few guys who seem to have everything going. Smart as poo poo social butterflies. You want to hate them but then they also are just really nice people to make it even worse. Cunts

AlexanderCA fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 19, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

karma_coma posted:

I'm an archaeologist, not a historian but I think missouri and kansas hate each other btw both are yankee scum bs states

ha ha. gently caress you rebel scum!

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

AlexanderCA posted:

Quite a bit smarter at some things than most people (managed a mech eng degree) but quite many of my fellow students are smarter than me at that. I'm also dumb at things normal people are good at.

So basically I'm not so much smart as I have the 'tism, I'm good at stuff normal people find hard and bad at stuff they find easy.

I also know a few guys who seem to have everything going. Smart as poo poo social butterflies. You want to hate them but then they also are just really nice people to make it even worse. Cunts

ugh i hate that, smug motherfuckers. look at me with my beautiful body and mind and personality and great work ethic and badass career. loving faggots

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It doesn't matter because one day I will die and everything I know will simply disappear as my brain shuts down and I stop existing.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Gatekeeper posted:

but then i'll meet a real smart person and they remind me that i'm a fool.

this is legit depressing, when you meet a truly intelligent person who is taking pity on your stupid dumbness and you only want to impress them and be friends but it will never be because you're too dumb and you sound even dumber when you try to sound smarter

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Undersell, overdeaiver. Or that's how I explain my grades, rap sheet, and lack of friends to future employers. yeah it may look like i/m a manchild, but theres more to me than whats on that paper. like, look, man. these are tried eyes. look at theses hands. theses are working hands.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I know I'm a lot smarter than most of the retards online. Jesus H Christ are they dumb as gently caress.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Dumb enough to click on this thread, not dumb enough to post a thread with a Poll tag and no poll.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I am thankful that I'm smart enough to know that I'm not "smart enough." So long as you're not too proud to ask for help you can get pretty far in life!

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

pretty smart i guess. I do well on tests and poo poo; usually top 10% of my class in most things, and people say i'm smart. IDK how well that is going to translate to real life though because I'm pretty lazy and have too much of a conscience to gently caress over other people.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

i have moments of brilliance but also make some pretty loving dumb choices too

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

i have autism

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

for real?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
ill bet most of us have an iq of like 105 and since its above average we convince ourselves its actually 130 or something worth having

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

just to be upfront

i got tested for iq as a kid

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it.. it was

hold on

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
aren't there a few iq tests with distinct purposes

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I was a sped in high school and they have me an iq test but I never saw the results. I bet it was amazing

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Universe Master posted:

Smart enough to coast in high school. Had trouble later in college.

same, but w/ post-grad. making GBS threads my brains out currently for the new mcat exam.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

aren't there a few iq tests with distinct purposes

kinda, but not really. wais-iv is used for adults, as are ravens progressive matrices. everything else is to evaluate kids to make sure they aren't tards or "gifted."

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
I reliably fall in the 98th to 99th percentile but I'm also an emotional mess and a complete introvert. I have just enough intellect to realize how amazingly stupid our entire species is. We are going to kill ourselves off so hard it's going to be epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

intp reporting in, pretty smart i guess

• Locked thread