Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you had to bet money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
radio shows still exist?

:firstpost:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
video killed the radio star

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
TV on the Radio

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My tv is a few years old it might die but my one from 2000 lasted until 2007. My radio is already buggy, think I need a new antennae for the XM/Sirius. I'll go with my radio.

Thank you for asking OP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im actually hoping on the OP going first

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FuriousGeorge posted:

TV on the Radio

I had an ex-girlfriend who was friends with the lead singer of them at one point in the mid-00s and would not stop loving mentioning it every time we hung out until like 2011.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

neither. there will always be audio and visual entertainment as long as there are humans, barring apocalyptic scenarios

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
tv is a lot more expensive so tv

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

TEAYCHES posted:

neither. there will always be audio and visual entertainment as long as there are humans, barring apocalyptic scenarios

internet

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
if we ever perfect travel in a vehicle that doesn't require a human to actively navigate it then radio is gone

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEk7C6a349w&hd=1

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 19, 2015

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

tv is a lot more expensive so tv

this

the internet will overtake TV

then mobile phones with internet will then overtake radio

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
tv. obviously!

ur an idiot op!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.
i own several radios, but zero televisions, and i'm a pretty good representative sample of "the new gen"

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

teledildonics will revolutionize home entertainment

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

I had an ex-girlfriend who was friends with the lead singer of them at one point in the mid-00s and would not stop loving mentioning it every time we hung out until like 2011.

hes a what hes a what hes a newspaperman and he gets his best ideas from a newspaper stand

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if the op means the current tv industry or radio clear channel industry on fm waves, then sure, tv will die first. but thats meaningless cause it will live on through podcasts and netflix or whatever streaming internet crap you want to channel to your brain

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
npr will never die OP

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaKVy-FlaUA

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

aren't they just moving to the internet? podcasts and poo poo

gently caress public TV

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

TEAYCHES posted:

if the op means the current tv industry or radio clear channel industry on fm waves, then sure, tv will die first. but thats meaningless cause it will live on through podcasts and netflix or whatever streaming internet crap you want to channel to your brain

it's different imo. tv as a business model encourages certain show formats. maybe we'll start seeing internet-based shows with irregular running times and stuff.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

it's different imo. tv as a business model encourages certain show formats. maybe we'll start seeing internet-based shows with irregular running times and stuff.

netflix

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

yeah that's what i'm addressing. but aren't their shows all either 30 minutes an episode or 60 minutes an episode?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I like Netflix TV shows because they don't make up stupid cliffhangers right before going to commercial, they flow better

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
neither, they are immortal

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
you know what, op

shut up
just shut the gently caress up

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nefarious posted:

you know what, op

shut up
just shut the gently caress up

umm this is a DISCUSSION board, sir

do not censor others

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

yeah that's what i'm addressing. but aren't their shows all either 30 minutes an episode or 60 minutes an episode?

yea but they still come out every year, have seasons, etc. for all purposes its just a tv show released all at once with way more freedom on pacing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maybe TV on the Radio will go first?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
i guess our disagreement is pretty banal, i just think said freedom makes a significant difference

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
party like it's junior year HS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlbunmCbTBA

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

I said come in! posted:

Maybe TV on the Radio will go first?

well, one of 'em already died of lung cancer, so i think you may be on to something...

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
god's wrath wll destroy all sgnal modulaton regardless of ts respectve meda on approxmately the 21st of september, 2017. look forward to t

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I think both will go on and continue to to be atrocious and popular.

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:
WTF is radio?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
um excuse me but clearly you haven't heard we're in the golden age of television right now

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
they both already exist half on a physical box then half on my computer box

so are you asking which one will actually shut down first, the physical radio stations or the physical television sales?

probably neither, they'll just continue to be more and more integrated until it's like buying a new console where you go 'wait isnt this like a weak version of my computer for the same cost as my computer'

also expect more and more channels to all try to get 6.99 to 9.99 a month from you until many of them go out of business for expecting us all to actually spend 100 a month on new channels and poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Horniest Manticore posted:

um excuse me but clearly you haven't heard we're in the golden age of television right now

the amazing age of t.v. with Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and Stephen Colbert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Izumi Konata posted:

god's wrath wll destroy all sgnal modulaton regardless of ts respectve meda on approxmately the 21st of september, 2017. look forward to t

close but you need to recalibrate your doomsday sensors, because it will be a gamma ray flare in august (this august)

• Locked thread