Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Sure is taking its sweet time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tomorrow

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Its tired.

It just woke up.

Give it some time. Maybe it needs some toast and OJ?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Is that that thing where we all hook up to the hive mind or the thing thing were we're all ruled by an AI overlord?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

Is that that thing where we all hook up to the hive mind or the thing thing were we're all ruled by an AI overlord?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSss

Can't wait!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Horniest Manticore posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSss

Can't wait!

You can't say yes to a question with two options, rear end in a top hat.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Much like climate change, by the time we realise we are already living in it, it will be too late.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Hobohemian posted:

You can't say yes to a question with two options, rear end in a top hat.

Literally laughing my rear end off at this dude who doesn't know what a logical conjunction is.

Guess when you went to State U on that racquetball scholarship, you never bothered to take introduction to symbolic logic?

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna singularity tomorrow but I don't like your attitude OP. You're scheduled to die on April 28, 2039, so singularity should occur no later than april 29, 2039.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
the universe is the singularity of a black hole

also, it has a meta information layer

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

yw

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
The singularity machine is the computational equivalent to breaking the speed of light. No system can be more complex than the system (reality) in which it was created. Entropy sucks. Energy laws are p in there somewhere too

State school represent

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Hobohemian posted:

it's when everybody gets to be robots and poo poo. gonna be sweet.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

killmeimmafailure posted:

The singularity machine is the computational equivalent to breaking the speed of light. No system can be more complex than the system (reality) in which it was created. Entropy sucks. Energy laws are p in there somewhere too

State school represent

The singularity will invent faster than light communication and travel.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

monkey posted:

The singularity will invent faster than light communication and travel.

You paradoxical son of a bitch.

Quantum entanglement isn't breaking the speed of light. You're not moving mass, fag. The singularity would have to exist outside the universe and take a universe's worth on energy to operate

Define singularity for me though. Cause if you're talking about ai's that's a little different. Computers still have to load and poo poo. You're still limited by time lags of moving poo poo across sky net's processors. Self aware robots are different, I think. I'm drunk

Don't really care tho. All about that chaos theory. And or emeralds

Actually, I don't care about math at all. It boring and lame. And apparently I'm not smart enough to do it

Mongo just pawn

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 19, 2015

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

Literally laughing my rear end off at this dude who doesn't know what a logical conjunction is.

Guess when you went to State U on that racquetball scholarship, you never bothered to take introduction to symbolic logic?

or is a logical disjunction you retard

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna download my brain into a computer so then I can be like, "Cool, that computer thinks like me" and then go about my life because that's just a novelty more than anything.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
is singularity like that one thing from deus ex

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

fusion is 30 years away

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Tokamak posted:

fusion is 30 years away

Literally laughing at this Matchbox-20 listening bro who is so behind that he doesn't realize the trajectory of Herbie Hancock's career hit his rear end on his way out.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Arrhythmia posted:

or is a logical disjunction you retard

talk about owned

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

never

nerds are idiots who refuse to consider logistical implementation

SCIENCE MAN #1
It's designed a computer more advanced by itself... and while I've said this sentence it's used those designs to run through thirty more advanced permutations!

SCIENCE MAN #2
My god... Do you know what this means?

SCIENCE MAN #1
Our hypothesis appears to have been validated and we'll probably be approved for our next funding grant application.

SCIENCE MAN #2
All right save the data and restore it to a previous state. This might be publishable in six months.

SCIENCE MAN #1
It's a good thing it's just a computer and not an entire unmanned production facility capable of spontaneously mass producing its own components unsupervised, and then distributing the finished products across the already resource-scarce world

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Horniest Manticore posted:

Sure is taking its sweet time!

I don't think you would want a singularity to get here friend. Although it's true that supermassive singularities are, as far as we know immovable, stellar mass singularities can be accelerated to high speeds by gravitational interaction with other massive bodies.

We probably won't even know it's on it's way until it's too late and we'll get sucked into oblivion

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrT...bEowjcL4k4ReaE-

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress you morkyz

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
It's here already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
wanting to be a computer program is the stupidest fantasy

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

gary oldmans diary posted:

wanting to be a computer program is the stupidest fantasy

Especially since it's ALREADY TRUE!!!

TWIST!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

it won't happen op
stop worshiping tech

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

lol as if your poor rear end is gonna be part of the singularity the 1%ers gonna become superman and eat us alive

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

I want to upload myself into one of those weird looking Japanese sex bots.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

homercles posted:

I want to upload myself into one of those weird looking Japanese sex bots.

I wanna be the bot with no ai whatsoever, but is just a dick at the end of a piston moving back and forth

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
nope sorry. gotta burn oil, shoot bombs at one another, and sell nonexistent things so no singularity for your generation

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Someday soon we'll all live inside a computer and we'll be the computer and the computer will be super smart and no jocks will be there and everything will be perfect." -tech spergs

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
bet the jocks'll still be there giving them quantum swirlies

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Agag posted:

"Someday soon we'll all live inside a computer and we'll be the computer and the computer will be super smart and no jocks will be there and everything will be perfect." -tech spergs

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Will be awesome when my e-soul is owned by google & hosted on the cloud

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
If we are all a simulation will be cool to find out who is simulating us

I bet it's alien Jesus but he is also a huge sperg

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's an instrument problem. We don't have the sense to perceive anything beyond our current reality. All the science poo poo is just our dumbass primate brains creating metaphors to allow us to play with poo poo beyond our literal understanding. Hawking had a fishbowl metaphor that was p cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
the fragmentation of time requires space. the particle is its own microcosm, and the wave determines the state of the particle in a balanced symmetry based on its position with regards to the other particles. a change in position is a change in state, and stasis is a universal constant. your own volition is an illusion. it is as foolish to believe you are piloting your vehicle as it is to think you are parked, and the pavement is idling in reverse.

• Locked thread