Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Chic Trombone posted:

I think LUTR is scum ##vote LUTR

also the tofurkey sandwich looks good but I can't eat soy so i can't make it :(

Chic Trombone posted:

Also willing to vote Krell

Krell nightkilled BSM and he's refusing to engage about it

Why are you hesitating

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

wall monitor posted:

Krell nightkilled BSM and he's refusing to engage about it

Why are you hesitating

:psyduck:

Why are you so aggressive about an issue no one else is concerned about? :raise:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Harold Krell posted:

Why are you so aggressive about an issue no one else is concerned about? :raise:

:psypop:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Pears for dinner.

I have here some, crushed walnuts, brie, leftover roasted chicken from last night, and two bosc pears.

I hollowed out the pears and added all the stuff sprinkled the top with a bit of pepper and salt (I didnt need the precook becasuse boscs are soft and these were super ripe ones)

After the cooking, I drizzled honey.

Awesome dinner.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Fine. No one seems to care about this game anymore so why should I. ##vote krell

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

I guess this is endgame then.

##vote LUTR

AnonymousNarcotics, would you be a dear and vote for LUTR, too. It would mean so much to me if you could do this ASAP. :3:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
:munch:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh, wait. I forgot I have this.

##doublevote krell

:redhammer:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

I think LUTR is scum ##vote LUTR

also the tofurkey sandwich looks good but I can't eat soy so i can't make it :(

I'm just taking out the tofurkey because I can't find it!

Either which way.

Harold Krell, Mafia Goon, Krelly Cakes, has been executed!

Town has won!

Town Players who were end-gamed:

Anonymous Narcotics, Cookies
Look Under the Rock, Dutch Baby
Wall Monitor, Triscuit Nachos
Chic Trombone, Angry Bread

Thanks again for participating and for all the cooking. I think our cooking MVP's were either CPig or BSM. Both of you really ran with the concept and I appreciate it immensely.

The most useful document to take a peek at:

The Cookfia 2 Numbers page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mqg6bOQWt_G4OK3Zwj8NqaNRueyZ-xuKM04JAzQrcH0/edit#gid=0 Has all the spices, prices and related information.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
EVERYBODY MAKE MY COOKIES they seriously rule

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Really fun game 100yrs. I think the communism wasn't a great idea because, as it is with communism, why should I do any work if I'm gonna get points anyway? Def presign me for the next one!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also please modkill or forcibly replace people who are not playing bc it's not fair to the rest of us.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Quadruple post. Here's my recipe!

Ingredients:

2 ½ cups almond meal

¼ tsp sea salt

¼ tsp baking soda

5 Tbsp butter

5 Tbsp apple butter

1 Tbsp vanilla

⅓ cup honey

chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F

Mix all of the dry ingredients together

Melt the butter in a heat proof bowl and add the honey, vanilla, and apple butter

Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well

Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon cookie-size balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet

Bake for 15 minutes. Cookies should still be fairly soft when you take them out, they will harden somewhat as they cool.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Thanks for your patience in regards to my timezone. I don't doubt that added to some of the inactivity to the game. Perhaps I needed to implement shorter deadlines.

The reason I never decided to mod-kill players, besides my lack of spine, is because I found the game to be pretty casual. The only real big offender was Alasdair, but everyone else had more or less the same level of activity give or take some posts and the few players who were really active. It's why I certainly wouldn't have mod-killed Chic especially after having left Alasdair alive. I need to stick my principles weak as they may be!

Looking over the powers and the store I was a bit surprised how relatively little it was used. Only about 4 players really ever used it regularly, and I thank you immensely for taking advantage of it, but particularly in the case of the scum team they hardly purchased anything from it till the end. The reason I decided to go with the 'communist' game was for two reasons. On the one hand it would allow players who cook to become slightly less targeted. In previous games, the most active cooks were always killed first and the cooking would eventually wind down since as a spectator they would have less agency. On the other hand I expected that the market place would get wildly used. For example, when the game began one 10 point contribution by every player would be enough to restock the store, so I expected things to get sold out fast etc. But perhaps, unsurprisingly, everyone saved up for the Vigs. Even then those didn't get as much action.

Still I like to think the way the game ended reflected good usage of the points and market system.

If there were to be another iteration I would be inclined to keep the same mechanic with some changes. First, Grandicap brought up a good point in the scum doc, that scum players would be less inclined to cook as their plates would grant everyone else in the game, aka the enemy, points as well. So, perhaps the fix would be to grant scum team double points or even triple points for whenever they cook and to prevent a bit more of the power madness that could happen were the market used appropriately, some actual role blockers. I liked how I had made vigs force people to fire the night immediately following. I should've done a similar thing with the double vote mechanic, but it was too late for me to change that when it came up, I may get rid of it altogether. I need to change Bulletproof to Hider, since that's more what it is. I also changed the unlabeled spice from random to parsley just to mess with those who had gotten used to the rules a bit. I think the pricing was well done, had everyone cooked at least one plate once on D1 the vigilantes would've been available. Ecco mentioned the game might work better as nightless. I'd want to know how to implement that and what exactly would be the pros and cons. And I think that's it.

I'll try to compile the recipes in one doc and make it available like I did for Cookfia 1 later today. Thank you all!

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 12, 2015

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I would've won if people didn't vote for me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think y'all's mafia ability would be significantly improved if you took a second to figure out why someone is scummy rather than just declaring it.

I am in a taxi right now phone posting so I haven't read 100yrs's post yet but seriously dude just modkill replace people it's totally okay.

also 100yrs never posted my couscous recipe!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

also 100yrs never posted my couscous recipe!!

You're right I didn't. I took the sandwich as the actual recipe because it had amended on it, I must of glazed over the bonus part.

Ecco's World-Famous Mediterranean Couscous Salad

Perfect for 5-7 guests, or one very hungry gelder of men

INGREDIENTS:

- Two cups of couscous
- One cucumber
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- One-quarter cup olive oil
- Four to six green onions
- A hunk of feta cheese
- Two lemons (or just ~half a cup lemon juice)
- One cup mint flakes
- One cup parsley flakes

DIRECTIONS:

First bring three cups of water to a boil; a dash of salt helps speed up the process.

Once it's boiling, pour in the two cups of couscous and stir it a bit. Take it off heat and set aside for 5 minutes.

Take your cucumber and peel that sucker, shredding it like you would a man.

"It's this big, I promise." Yeah right, get bent.

Hee hee it looks like it has a face.

Cut it in half lengthwise, and then cut the two halves lengthwise again. Then go to town dicing it.

This is way too few tomatoes but when I checked my fridge this morning before going to the store I just saw I had some so I didn't get more. Ideally you'd use a decent handful of testi-- tomatoes.

This recipe is an extended castration metaphor.

Some other ingredients. I forgot to get green onions at the store but ideally you'd have 4-6 of those, too. Cut off the hairy stems and then chop them all up. I love going pretty far up the leaf, it really makes the recipe and I'm bummed I forgot to get them.

Once five minutes are up, pour in the olive oil. You're going to fold in the rest of the ingredients over the next ten minutes or so as it cools down a smidge. Take your time, there's no rush.

Using a fork (IMPORTANT), stir in the oil while also fluffing the couscous. It'll look a little wet still but that's totally okay, you use the fork to keep it from clumping.

Pour in one cup of mint flakes and stir with the fork. I find unfortunately that one cup is the whole of the bottle. It's definitely the most expensive part of the meal but unambiguously one of the most important.

Do the same for parsley.

Aaaand your veggies.

I eyeballed it but if you don't mash up the lemons yourself for the juice, you'll need about 1/2 of a cup total. The lemon is important! And probably done earlier but whatever.

The feta is my favorite part. You can get pre-chunked but I like getting the whole thing, plopping it into my hand, and just gently squeezing and kneading it into the couscous. Plus then you get tons of feta left over on your fingers which is really tasty.

It should go without saying you should always wash your hands thoroughly before, after, and during cooking; I also use hand sanitizer for good measure. Public health is everyone's concern!

The final product should look a little something like this. Shove it in the fridge for an hour or two to cool down as it's best cold. If you have them, plop a few bay leaves in there, too, as it cools.

Ideally you would put it into a big mixing bowl when preparing it and a serving bowl for when you're done but I only brought the essentials with me when I moved so oh well whatever it's far from the end of the world.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yay town won, thanks 100yrs! Good job everyone. I did like the communist angle since drinkfia saw me get murdered for getting too many points d1 and it was nice there wasn't that problem in this game.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'll probably a post a bit more later but I have to go to work so I'll just say thanks 100yrs for running the game and letting me know about it.

I was sad to die when I did, I had another vig left for Krell, was looking to go 3 for 3. :bsdsnype:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Also for some reason my post-death PM just came through. I would like to donate all my spices to wall monitor.

CapitalistPig was the hero of the game for me, died far too soon. :(

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why did you shoot me BSM? I thought we had something special.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, I apologize to Keane, I felt like I could make the scumclaim work by introducing doubt that I was being legit there, because hey, who would scumclaim? And if bsm had actually talked to me about shooting me I think I could have talked him down, or if it was just leading a vote on me I felt like I could deflect it, but neither of those things happened. So basically I just threw an anchor on the scumteam that already had Krell on it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Grandicap posted:

Also, I apologize to Keane, I felt like I could make the scumclaim work by introducing doubt that I was being legit there, because hey, who would scumclaim? And if bsm had actually talked to me about shooting me I think I could have talked him down, or if it was just leading a vote on me I felt like I could deflect it, but neither of those things happened. So basically I just threw an anchor on the scumteam that already had Krell on it.

I was super, super burnt out on being scum this game, and my interest and engagement with the game suffered quite a bit. I should be apologizing to you.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I was hoping to die in this game so people could learn my AWESOME recipe but I guess I'll post it now.

Dutch Baby is basically a big baked pancake thing. It's the most flexible recipe ever.

Start your oven at 375 and put your baking dish inside while it preheats. The best thing to use is a cast iron skillet but this recipe also works in a glass pie dish, a nonstick skillet, or even a square casserole. Whatever you use, put 3tbsp butter in the dish to melt while you put your ingredients together.

Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and add:
1/2 cup flour (you can use gluten free flours)
3/4 cup liquid (the original recipe calls for milk but it's pretty much anything -- coffee, juice...my favorite thing to use is kefir, it comes out rich and amazing)
3tbsp sweetener -- sugar, honey, jam. Once I tried it with molasses and added all the spices I'd normally use in gingerbread and it was awesome)
Flavor to taste, salt and vanilla are the go to but I've thrown in some fun poo poo -- a chopped bar of dark chocolate, a half cup of peanut butter, curry powder, mashed fruit, cinnamon and cayenne, whatever you like.

Beat the crap out of it -- the best way I've found is to use an immersion blender, but you can use an electric mixer or whisk by hand. Your goal is to break up all the lumps. When your batter is smooth, pour it into your hot pan, close the oven, and forget about it for about twenty minutes. This recipe is even forgiving for how long you bake it. Do a toothpick test for doneness, but if you leave it in a bit long it just won't be as soft and custard-like in the middle.

This is the best recipe to make for overnight guests because it takes five minutes to put the whole thing together and then y'all drink coffee and chat until it's done. You don't have to babysit it like if you were making pancakes, waffles or eggs. It comes out delicious and impressive and if you make it for a date I bet they'll call you ;-)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Grandicap posted:

Why did you shoot me BSM? I thought we had something special.

I thought we did too Grandi, but after your brutal betrayal with Alasdair I couldn't see any other way out. Actually I thought I had the whole scumteam figured on night 2 as you, Keane, Krell and Ecco, but Ecco turning out to be town threw me a fair bit. All 4 of you more or less scumclaimed in the thread! There was so little actual mafia activity that I assumed we were playing it pretty casual and I wasn't going to out you at all, but then at some point I realised you might actually be playing to win...

Also I don't know if anyone else benefited from inheritance but on N4 I had so many points that I restocked the spices and then bought both mints as well as bay leaf, brown sugar, cinnamon and molasses. That was after already having had mint, cilantro and allspice. I was hoping to have had at least one of everything by the end of the game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Look Under The Rock posted:

I was hoping to die in this game so people could learn my AWESOME recipe but I guess I'll post it now.

Dutch Baby is basically a big baked pancake thing. It's the most flexible recipe ever.

Start your oven at 375 and put your baking dish inside while it preheats. The best thing to use is a cast iron skillet but this recipe also works in a glass pie dish, a nonstick skillet, or even a square casserole. Whatever you use, put 3tbsp butter in the dish to melt while you put your ingredients together.

Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and add:
1/2 cup flour (you can use gluten free flours)
3/4 cup liquid (the original recipe calls for milk but it's pretty much anything -- coffee, juice...my favorite thing to use is kefir, it comes out rich and amazing)
3tbsp sweetener -- sugar, honey, jam. Once I tried it with molasses and added all the spices I'd normally use in gingerbread and it was awesome)
Flavor to taste, salt and vanilla are the go to but I've thrown in some fun poo poo -- a chopped bar of dark chocolate, a half cup of peanut butter, curry powder, mashed fruit, cinnamon and cayenne, whatever you like.

Beat the crap out of it -- the best way I've found is to use an immersion blender, but you can use an electric mixer or whisk by hand. Your goal is to break up all the lumps. When your batter is smooth, pour it into your hot pan, close the oven, and forget about it for about twenty minutes. This recipe is even forgiving for how long you bake it. Do a toothpick test for doneness, but if you leave it in a bit long it just won't be as soft and custard-like in the middle.

This is the best recipe to make for overnight guests because it takes five minutes to put the whole thing together and then y'all drink coffee and chat until it's done. You don't have to babysit it like if you were making pancakes, waffles or eggs. It comes out delicious and impressive and if you make it for a date I bet they'll call you ;-)

That sounds so awesome.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
As always cookfia has been great!

Presign for cookfia 3, tia.

I honestly didnt mind dying as early as I did, I could focus on the cooking and earn everyone points without having to worry about making cases and participating in the game win/win! :wink:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Recipe List

That's a link to a quickly made compiled recipe list of all the recipes used in this game including the spectator offered ones and the ones that we never got a chance to do.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Noone made my pretzels, this is a travesty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I made macaroons but I haven't photographed them yet. Too busy eating them.

• Locked thread