Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Can I nominate Alasdair for a vote?

I like nominating Alasdair for a vote.

Let's vote Alasdair.

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Strategy chat: is it worth sharing what we know about what each spice does?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

wall monitor posted:

Can I nominate Alasdair for a vote?

I like nominating Alasdair for a vote.

Let's vote Alasdair.

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Any reason?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

wall monitor posted:

I've been wondering this too. On the one hand it seems like sharing is going to help town more because scum can of course already share what they know, so town stands to gain more from the information. All the same I feel instinctively leery of revealing information on night actions and/or possible future actions this early in the game, maybe that's not appropriate in this game where all actions are one-shot. I'm also not sure whether sharing spice information helps or hinders scum in making fake claims.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ecco keeps pming me with "I am scum" I don't know why but here we are.

##vote: Ecco

I hope to be able to cook SOMETHING on Friday. Week has been busy with dodgeball related manners.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

wall monitor posted:

It depends. If it is something like BP (Cumin) or a doc or an investigative role, absolutely share it. If it is something like a vig or a double vote, keep it to yourself IMO.
My plan is to buy as much of the unlabeled spice as I can carry and see what happens.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I take it the unlabelled spice has an unknown effect until you use it?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

I take it the unlabelled spice has an unknown effect until you use it?

That's what it did in Cookfia 1 and drinkfia. There was a chart which 100 rolled a die against to determine the effect then. It was about 1/3 positive, 1/3 negative and 1/3 wacky in the past.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I picked up one of the Cinnamons. It's a power that I'm pretty happy with and I could see myself picking up again later on in the game. I'm not gonna reveal it till tomorrow though.

Grandicap posted:

It depends. If it is something like BP (Cumin) or a doc or an investigative role, absolutely share it. If it is something like a vig or a double vote, keep it to yourself IMO.
My plan is to buy as much of the unlabeled spice as I can carry and see what happens.

Remember that you can only use one spice per night, though!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I worded my PM to 100 something like this:
I would like to spend as many dollars on unlabeled spice as is possible. I would then like to use all I can either now or at the earliest possible moment.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Just posting this here for future reference because I didn't think to see how many of each spices were available N1.

Name- Cost.........Total amount left
Mint- 150..........................2
Pepper- 100......................2
Cilantro- 70.......................0
Saffron- 60........................3
Cumin- 60.........................1
Cinnamon - 50...................2
Brown Sugar- 50...............3
Molasses- 50....................3
Paprika- 40.......................5
Bay Leaves- 30.................4
All Spice- 30.....................4
Thyme- 30.........................5
Parsley-20.........................8
Unlabeled Spice- 10 .........9

Making some obvious assumptions about the starting numbers it looks like you are probably the only cinnamon haver, wall monitor. Presumably 2 people bought cumin, 2 or 3 cilantro (there were 80 points per player available so nobody bought pepper or mint), one each bought bay leaves and all spice and I guess 2 parsleys and at least 1 unlabeled spice? Maybe some thyme was bought too, I don't know.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Just posting this here for future reference because I didn't think to see how many of each spices were available N1.

Name- Cost.........Total amount left
Mint- 150..........................2
Pepper- 100......................2
Cilantro- 70.......................0
Saffron- 60........................3
Cumin- 60.........................1
Cinnamon - 50...................2
Brown Sugar- 50...............3
Molasses- 50....................3
Paprika- 40.......................5
Bay Leaves- 30.................4
All Spice- 30.....................4
Thyme- 30.........................5
Parsley-20.........................8
Unlabeled Spice- 10 .........9

Making some obvious assumptions about the starting numbers it looks like you are probably the only cinnamon haver, wall monitor. Presumably 2 people bought cumin, 2 or 3 cilantro (there were 80 points per player available so nobody bought pepper or mint), one each bought bay leaves and all spice and I guess 2 parsleys and at least 1 unlabeled spice? Maybe some thyme was bought too, I don't know.

I'm the other cumin haver btw.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hello EccoRaven!

To be clear, did you end up being scum or not?

I did get a PM but not from a scumbuddy.

it was from 100yrs :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote exakt this is a good vote. Wall Monitor is probably scum too.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

Why Exakt?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Grandicap posted:

Why Exakt?

I'm agreeing with Punt's case.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Grandicap posted:

Why Exakt?

Why Wall Monitor? :confused:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

wall monitor posted:

Why Wall Monitor? :confused:

Exakt, having been caught by Punt, requires defending. You came in and voted for Alasdair as a distraction.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello my name is Ecco and I'm here to do two things: cook and play mafia, and I'm all out of cooking supplies.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

Exakt, having been caught by Punt, requires defending. You came in and voted for Alasdair as a distraction.

Objection: I hate Alasdair. You want Exakt, whatever, as long as we're still killing Alasdair.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'm also down on EXAKT for that really bad vote on LUTR. I don't think LUTR's play has been great but it doesn't seem scummy to me. Not sure about the read on wall monitor, their play has been a bit odd but maybe that is just their style. Alasdair Crawfish has contributed more or less nothing to this game so far. Ernie's been pretty low key too and it feels sort of like AnonymousNarcotics is doing the bare minimum posting to appear involved.

I'm still going to be around between now and the deadline but for the moment I'm going to go with ##vote EXAKT

Puntification posted:

The other votes smack of early game over-eagerness to pounce on apparent scumminess (ignoring that it's d2 cos we didn't really do anything) that I think is probably town jumping at shadows, but you slipping in a vote on LUTR has a different feel to it. A scum feel ##vote eakt
btw Puntification this vote did not go through.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm around, there's just not much to say.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
haha where did all of these votes on me come from?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

this is the worst offender, and it includes a read based on the alignment of unflipped players.

##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
OMGUS, classic, classic. Hang 'em up boys :clint:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also look at this post:

EXAKT Science posted:

haha where did all of these votes on me come from?
Look how uncomfortable this post is. "Haha"? Anyone who has ever texted ever in the history of cell phones knows "haha" is never them laughing in real life, it's someone who is nervous about something trying to come off as casual. "Haha it'd be hilarious if I showed up at your door like right now. Wouldn't that be so funny? Haha."

Vote Exakt to vote out scum on Day 1 P.E. (post-ecco) of this Mafia Game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

Also look at this post:

Look how uncomfortable this post is. "Haha"? Anyone who has ever texted ever in the history of cell phones knows "haha" is never them laughing in real life, it's someone who is nervous about something trying to come off as casual. "Haha it'd be hilarious if I showed up at your door like right now. Wouldn't that be so funny? Haha."

Vote Exakt to vote out scum on Day 1 P.E. (post-ecco) of this Mafia Game.

it's a haha because I think the votes on me are dumb, you butthead. I'm just a very jovial person and I'm sorry you can't understand what that's like.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Haha sorry exakt I misread your post, haha. You wanna scumclaim though? Haha. You should try it haha lol jk.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

Haha sorry exakt I misread your post, haha. You wanna scumclaim though? Haha. You should try it haha lol jk.

Nah sorry Ecs, I only do fakeclaims when they would serve a purpose.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't think Exakt is scum.

I'll look at everything in ~~~more detail~~~ when I get home.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
##vote EccoRaven

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Not seeing any reason to change my vote here. Ecco plays a good scum game and has fooled me before but EXAKT is looking Real Bad in my eyes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EXAKT Science posted:

Nah sorry Ecs

Haha, when did you start calling me ecs?? I didn't think we were on that kind of relationship haha. No it's cool, really, I was just wondering haha Exakty ;)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
yeah exakt you are kind posting weirder than usual. ##vote exakt

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

yeah exakt you are kind posting weirder than usual. ##vote exakt

this is a bad reason to vote me just fyi

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
like is there anything to that other than just a vague "you're posting weird"? can you present something based on my content?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Posting weird and here are reasons" is content doofus.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Good news everyone. Well, bad news for me, but I now have 8 shots at making an unconfirmed masonry with whoever I want. This is not an action so I can make them all today.

Who wants to be a mason with me?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Grandicap posted:

Good news everyone. Well, bad news for me, but I now have 8 shots at making an unconfirmed masonry with whoever I want. This is not an action so I can make them all today.

Me, I wanna talk poo poo about everyone behind their backs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Grandicap posted:

I do.

• Locked thread