Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whic is worse, is is or gamregate ? only time will tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
You misspelled Imerica :smug:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

daesh

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Gazpacho posted:

After the initial airstrikes by the U.S. in northern Iraq, we declared: “Any force, however unsavory, that attacks, repels or otherwise impedes U.S. forces strikes a blow in the interests of the exploited and the oppressed.” However, in the reactionary, mainly Sunni-Shi’ite communal conflicts in Iraq and Syria, the world’s toilers had no side.

Since then, Iraqi government forces and Kurdish pesh merga in Iraq are again conducting joint military operations with the U.S., as they did for years under the occupation. More recently, Syrian Kurdish nationalists have also sealed a treacherous alliance with the U.S. in the battle over Kobani in northern Syria, acting as the imperialists’ bomb spotters and otherwise coordinating military movements. The fact that all these forces are “boots on the ground” for imperialist intervention means that revolutionary Marxists have a military side with ISIS when it targets the imperialists and their proxies, including the Syrian Kurdish nationalists, the pesh merga, the Baghdad government and its Shi’ite militias.

It goes without saying that we internationalist communists are die-hard enemies of the ultra-reactionary social and political program of ISIS, whose methods of rooting out “apostates” amount to mass slaughter. We condemn communal atrocities on all sides. ISIS is itself the imperialists’ creation, having emerged out of the intercommunal slaughter triggered by the U.S. occupation. It counts as precursors those who cut their teeth as jihadis in the CIA-backed war against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s. Washington could very well switch to supporting ISIS under certain conditions—for example, against the Assad regime in Syria, which is decidedly not a part of the U.S. military alliance despite its best efforts.

But ISIS today is in battle against the local tools of U.S. imperialism, the main enemy of the world’s working people. A setback for the U.S. in Syria might give pause to Washington in its military adventures, including by encouraging opposition at home. Such opposition adds to the tinder that must be ignited in class struggle against the capitalist rulers who, in their quest for ever greater profits, beat down the workers, black people and immigrants.
lol at these buttclown "marxists" not getting behind their brothers and sisters in the kurdistan workers party smdh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Did you guys win Iraq yet

Is that poo poo still going on lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Pretty sure ISIS are actually Glad pies, and OP just misheard.

CNN have been saying they're all Glad pies for weeks, and I dunno OP you just don't seem as informed as CNN.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lmao you havent won Iraq yet lol, what the gently caress is the point of all your trillions of dollars worth of warmachinery if you can't even beat up a bunch of idiot desert rednecks properly

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's a shame about Iraq. I guess you really can't teach an old dog new tricks. Except it worked in Japan so I don't know actually. Maybe nukes really are the answer.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Zzulu posted:

lmao you havent won Iraq yet lol, what the gently caress is the point of all your trillions of dollars worth of warmachinery if you can't even beat up a bunch of idiot desert rednecks properly

You had to avoid caps and punctuation to make sure your irony got across. That's cool.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Japanese are submissive by nature and gladly bowed to the rugged handsome white man

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

You had to avoid caps and punctuation to make sure your irony got across. That's cool.

i wish, that's just how i post; terribly

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm Crap posted:

lol at these buttclown "marxists" not getting behind their brothers and sisters in the kurdistan workers party smdh

they don't count since they actually have had the chance to rule

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

The Japanese are submissive by nature and gladly bowed to the rugged handsome white man

I don't really agree with this.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

I don't really agree with this.

Yeah same, those white men were American not ruggedly handsome

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
brb thwarting plots

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

daeshing thru the snow, on a blown up technical

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

It's because they were only allowed to kill the people who were pointing guns at US Soldiers right at that moment. If they'd been able to level cities like back in the old days, the war would've been over in a long weekend.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
Let's kill all of them.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I'm not the most politcal guy, but am I correct in assuming:

usa = SHINRA

ISIS = A.V.A.L.A.N.C.H.E.

???

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

usa = SHINRA

???

I don't know what that means.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

I don't know what that means.

it means the planet's fuckin dyin and I need to know which side i'm on

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

it means the planet's fuckin dyin and I need to know which side i'm on

Is it from an anime?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

usa = SHINRA

???

I guess the irony here is that it'd be really messed up to make video game jokes standing over the raped and burned body of a victim of ISIS's brutality.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Op you gotta stay suuuuuper open minded about Isis, it is all just a matter of perspective. If we were posting five hundred years ago this thread would be called "Lutherans are bad guys"!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when you say badguys do you mean like the joker? that's hosed up!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

usa = SHINRA

???

oh my god the lifestream

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

I'm Crap posted:

its from the spartacists who are the trots' trots and the circus clowns of marxism

(the position of "respectable" trots is pretty much the same tho)

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

usa = SHINRA

???

The planet's dyin' Muhammad.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
*pulls up wikihow.com/how-to-post-like-a-goon*

Uh, actually ISIS is cool, and good.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

There are goons on this site who like and support ISIS, but are afraid to admit so without a thin veil of irony for protection.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
OP let me fix the title for you. MUSLIMS are bad guys.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

I cis, you cis, we're all cis for ISIS

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
there is so much cool stuff to dig up in iraq and white people havent been able to do it for a hundred years

let us at your ancient biblical cities, assholes

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LegoPirateNinja posted:

there is so much cool stuff to dig up in iraq and white people havent been able to do it for a hundred years

let us at your ancient biblical cities, assholes

Not I'm sure how much you know about history, but yeah man, all that stuff cursed. You start digging that up and suddenly we'll have mummies, jinn, and were-heyna all over the joint.

Just let poo poo be dude, just let poo poo be.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*tips fedora* Mu'slim!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
I am a sUpporter of the Brotherhood of Nod

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
*nods respectfully towards this thread*

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I care about human life, which is why I started this thread.

edit- Agag, can you clarify your feelings regarding ISIS, and if they're bad?

ISIS are bad. If they weren't so bad I'd root for them against Western armies just as a spoiler, but they are way too gross and awful.

As a rule I side with the home team (e.g "I am a Boxer"). If you're in your own country fighting people from outside I will root for you. But ISIS... no.

Kyrie eleison posted:

Let's kill all of them.

I changed my mind. I want ISIS to win now.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

I am a sUpporter of the Brotherhood of Nod

no blood for tiberium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
ISIS are some major lead buzz kills. Butchering people and erasing cultural/historical places off the face of the earth - what jerks.

• Locked thread