Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

killmeimmafailure posted:

Livable wages are cool. No money no problems. Oh no sue me, I have no money. Oh no seize my $12 in assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD79DPWtM2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ghlbtsk posted:

You are guaranteed to live a more comfortable life than a medieval king.

if you think you have a better life than any kind of king, or even moderately powerful chieftain your a loving idiot

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you're posting on SA you could be doing a lot worse

at least you're not getting drone bombed

also you might live a better material and culinary life or whatever than a medieval king but nothing really beats having a whole nation of people to command and having a whole castle full of people serving you and poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

if you think you have a better life than any kind of king, or even moderately powerful chieftain your a loving idiot

That sounds like the kind of thing an ignorant person would think and say. You couldn't pay me enough money to live like a medieval king.
poo poo, wiping my rear end with hay is a dealbreaker and we haven't even gotten to how lovely their beds were, the disease, the inbreeding, the lack of TV, Internet and literature, no climate control etc...

Moridin920 posted:

also you might live a better material and culinary life or whatever than a medieval king but nothing really beats having a whole nation of people to command and having a whole castle full of people serving you and poo poo.

Sounds like a major hassle to me. I'll stick with the material and culinary benefits thx.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

That sounds like the kind of thing an ignorant person would think and say. You couldn't pay me enough money to live like a medieval king.
poo poo, wiping my rear end with hay is a dealbreaker and we haven't even gotten to how lovely their beds were, the disease, the inbreeding, the lack of TV, Internet and literature, no climate control etc...

your the god drat king, you rear end is getting wiped with silk and you have a servant to do it for you! you dont need TV when you can pay people to put on shows and fight to the death for your amusement. literature? yeah sure the peasants aren't reading any but you the loving king, you learn latin and send away to Constantinople for some manuscripts. you could even read some greek/roman stuff that doesn't even exist today!

i wish i could be a medieval king :(

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

your the god drat king, you rear end is getting wiped with silk and you have a servant to do it for you! you dont need TV when you can pay people to put on shows and fight to the death for your amusement. literature? yeah sure the peasants aren't reading any but you the loving king, you learn latin and send away to Constantinople for some manuscripts. you could even read some greek/roman stuff that doesn't even exist today!

Send away to Constantinople for manuscripts that will arrive in a year's time, that sounds MUCH better than downloading one of a million books on my Kindle :rolleyes:
Also, I'm totally interested in watching whatever low-budget pre-Shakespeare plays medieval people wrote about farting or sex with chickens or whatever the gently caress medival people were into.
But hey at least I'm the ruler of a bunch of toothless peasants... Until they all die of a plague or I'm assassinated by my bastard son that I had with my sister or something.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GORDON posted:

If you're on the internet that isn't connected to a library computer then you aren't poor.

a low end refurb desktop ccan be bought for less than $100 - substantially less I bet. The social benefits of owning a computer are so stark that you're at a major disadvantage in terms of finding work and accessing information without one. No, owning a pc with internet access doesn't kick you out of the poor club you retarded motherfucker. it isn't 1991 anymore where you're paying $1 a minute on dialup while usuing your $2,500 scifi box with 16mb RAM. The internet, and access to it, are thoroughly embedded in society, and internet access in the developed world is as necessary as having access to a car in many parts of the usa. It's default. It's like owning a refrigerator (hurr) or a television set as a basic standard of living for a great many and constantly increasing number of people.

im sorry my friend but youre too retarded to be alowed to live.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oberleutnant posted:

a low end refurb desktop ccan be bought for less than $100 - substantially less I bet. The social benefits of owning a computer are so stark that you're at a major disadvantage in terms of finding work and accessing information without one. No, owning a pc with internet access doesn't kick you out of the poor club you retarded motherfucker. it isn't 1991 anymore where you're paying $1 a minute on dialup while usuing your $2,500 scifi box with 16mb RAM. The internet, and access to it, are thoroughly embedded in society, and internet access in the developed world is as necessary as having access to a car in many parts of the usa. It's default. It's like owning a refrigerator (hurr) or a television set as a basic standard of living for a great many and constantly increasing number of people.

im sorry my friend but youre too retarded to be alowed to live.

You're the one who is the retarded mother fucker, you retarded mother fucker.

Call me when your drinking water comes from the same place you poo poo, then tell me what being poor is like.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

i came to this forum intent upon debating social class and by golly i'll have it

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm poor, but at least I'm not getting thrown overboard from a raft in the Mediterranean sea trying to run away from a war zone.

It's the little things like that which keep me going.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Sounds like Catholic talk to me. Why don't you go kiss the Pope on the lips about it?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol @ communists who don't realize that the same number of people below the poverty line under capitalism are mass murdered under communism.
And Everyone else is still under the poverty line.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GORDON posted:

Call me when your drinking water comes from the same place you poo poo, then tell me what being poor is like.
are u actually too much of a spastic infant to understand how living standards change within a society at it develops industrially and socially

because loving lol

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

i plan to be in a hot air balloon during the next class subjugation

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oberleutnant posted:

are u actually too much of a spastic infant to understand how living standards change within a society at it develops industrially and socially

because loving lol

I grew up in Appalachia you ignorant, entitled, clueless piece of poo poo, and you don't know poo poo about what being poor is like.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GORDON posted:

I grew up in Appalachia you ignorant, entitled, clueless piece of poo poo, and you don't know poo poo about what being poor is like.
so thats a "yes" then

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

no offense to you but appalachia is pretty much the same as it was during prohibition except the roads are slightly better and the population has less teeth

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Pivotal Lever posted:

i plan to be in a hot air balloon during the next class subjugation

I'm gonna build a potato cannon and put a knife in the potato and then shoot it at your dumb balloon. :twisted:

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

GORDON posted:

Why would you poo poo in you drinking water place lmao

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

GORDON posted:

someone buy this guy a big red title that says "HE DRINK OUT OF THE TOILET" ahahah

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Rutibex posted:

Enjoy the endless winters in your drafty castle, my liege.
Also lol if you need any dentistry or your appendix out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ghlbtsk posted:

Enjoy the endless winters in your drafty castle, my liege.
Also lol if you need any dentistry or your appendix out.

don't worry, my physician has read Pliny the elder and several peasant women keep me warm at night

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

don't worry, my physician has read Pliny the elder and several peasant women keep me warm at night

Have fun going insane and eventually dying from syphillis.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm gonna build a potato cannon and put a knife in the potato and then shoot it at your dumb balloon. :twisted:

i'm on your side, i'm bringing 3 gallons of water and a wiffle ball bat with the ends cut off so i can rain down urine on the capitalists

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Goons calling each other 'poors' is one of the weirdest and most unpleasant things about sa. I've never come across that 'tude irl

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

BigBoss posted:

Sounds like Catholic talk to me. Why don't you go kiss the Pope on the lips about it?

On the dick lips.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

opus111 posted:

Goons calling each other 'poors' is one of the weirdest and most unpleasant things about sa. I've never come across that 'tude irl

:agreed: except I do see it irl, often. I live in a very red state, which may have something to do with it, idk.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

City of Glompton posted:

:agreed: except I do see it irl, often. I live in a very red state, which may have something to do with it, idk.

I saw it all the time when I lived in the very red state one state over. I came home to my blue state as fast as I possibly could.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

ghlbtsk posted:

True contentment can be found when you stop comparing your life to others'.

This should be put on billboards outside of every bank that employs whiny bitches who cry that they only made a Ten Million dollar Bonus this year.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
being a kind would be said bc youve only just died and then everyone says 'long live the king'a bout the new guy as if u never even existed : (

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Most Americans without children are poor because marketing has created a sickness in their hearts, not because they are actually poor. With the medicaid expansion, most people would be surprised on how little you can live well on when you cut "owning lots of poo poo" out of your definition of living well.

Once you add children, that changes a bit.

• Locked thread