Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

OP reminds me a lot of this guy I know about, born around 2000 years ago, fell in love with an egyptian prostitute, lived his life honestly and to a code, tried to elevate the poor and downtrodden until he was finally trolled to death by one of his most trusted companions.

OP is Julius Caesar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Trolling is a legitimate form of protest, OP.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
et tu

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Trolling is at bottom the language of the unheard" -Master Troll Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Digital Fingers posted:

OP reminds me a lot of this guy I know about, born around 2000 years ago, fell in love with an egyptian prostitute, lived his life honestly and to a code, tried to elevate the poor and downtrodden until he was finally trolled to death by one of his most trusted companions.

OP is Julius Caesar
cato trolled the poo poo out of him by killing himself

now thats commitment to the craft

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The only time I've really gone off and actually posted in people's space vs just laughing at them here where no one important sees it is bitcoiners on reddit. Because bitcoiners are horrible people and I have no qaulms about giving them poo poo.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

It's not ok OP, I'm sorry if someone hurt you over the internet.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't get how anyone can take the internet seriously. The internet is basically a MMORPG where the main goal is to gently caress with everyone else.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
Yet some people surely do. And there are those who every day make the choice to mock or victimize them because they fail to engage internet interactions with a sufficient amount of ironic detachment.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
yes its extremely cool

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Digital Fingers posted:

OP is Julius Caesar

this is wrong and your retarded

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
trolled again

dephekt
Apr 20, 2015

this mode of apprehension isn't phenomenon of knowledge
I mostly use trolling in specific situations as a rhetorical device to walk someone into realizing some position they're holding as being hypocritical or whatever, if i felt they were acting on bad faith assumptions. The other common use for me would just be what I would call "bond trolling," or the usual hazing of people in your social group in a non-malicious way as a sort of natural social ego control.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I don't know I guess all I mean it's that it's messed up that people troll other people all the time.

Bo-Pepper fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 21, 2015

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Bo-Pepper posted:

I don't know I guess all I mean it's that it's messed up that people troll other people ask the time.

Everyone on SA is an anime-loving human being virgin, and you probably shouldn't care what any given goon thinks of you. I do agree that this community hates itself too much, tho.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
it isnt ok, just like it isnt ok to be mean in real life but people do it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

dephekt posted:

I mostly use trolling in specific situations as a rhetorical device to walk someone into realizing some position they're holding as being hypocritical or whatever, if i felt they were acting on bad faith assumptions. The other common use for me would just be what I would call "bond trolling," or the usual hazing of people in your social group in a non-malicious way as a sort of natural social ego control.

drat thats loving bad rear end

• Locked thread