Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

hold up. imma read that hella funny rear end picture right quick.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well, I was playing Mortal Kombat 10 a second ago but I don't think I got the brain to learn how to remember kombos and other kool stuff so I gave up on that and now I'm about to boot up GTA5, which will likely go into 4/20. I may, also, go to the Greens and get some epic snacks but there's nothing on to really watch...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

hold up. imma read that hella funny rear end picture right quick.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Could watch Puwexil do a 100% run of Chrono Trigger...

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Well, I was playing Mortal Kombat 10 a second ago but I don't think I got the brain to learn how to remember kombos and other kool stuff so I gave up on that and now I'm about to boot up GTA5, which will likely go into 4/20. I may, also, go to the Greens and get some epic snacks but there's nothing on to really watch...

I can't play MKX at all lol. I need to upgrade my computer first. Its weird, I can play the story mode and crap and when I get into the actual fight its fine, but I can't go into practice mode, it'll go into the loading screen and I'll wait like 10 minutes and give up. I haven't tried some of the arcades yet. Need a new mobo and processor. PC Gaming.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

MK9 runs fine though so I'm jumping back into that and learning some crap although I forgot how much of a pain in the rear end the Kombos were, since it has negative edge and it makes doing specials inside of a combo loving awful.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't think I'm cut out for fighting games, as much as I'd like to learn one. I don't have the patience or whatever I guess.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I'm going to play through challenge mode of WWF War Zone as Shawn Michaels to unlock female characters and then I will have unlocked all the character creation stuff. So then I'm going to make a bunch of wrestlers and make them fight each other.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I don't think I'm cut out for fighting games, as much as I'd like to learn one. I don't have the patience or whatever I guess.

I think MK's combo system is pretty lovely. You basically have to mash out the commands as fast as possible, which is also a poor way to learn it because you don't necessarily have to do that? Its loving weird. I was messing around with the tutorial mode in MKX the other day and I was inputting everything correctly and trying different timing etc nothing was working. Googled for some answers and saw some dudes have the same problem and recommending that, if you think you're putting the inputs in fast, well, you aren't doing it fast enough. And lo and behold it works. The problem is that when doing the special in the combo, it needs to be done fast enough that it cancels the ending frames of the previous move (this is why MK9 was hosed because negative edge meant that you had to wait for the final move in the string to 'finish' before you could enter the special, since it counted you letting go of a button as an input, so Triangle Triangle Triangle Down Right Square gets counted as Triangle Triangle Triangle Down Right Triangle Square or whatever. Totally hosed).

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

I think MK's combo system is pretty lovely. You basically have to mash out the commands as fast as possible, which is also a poor way to learn it because you don't necessarily have to do that? Its loving weird. I was messing around with the tutorial mode in MKX the other day and I was inputting everything correctly and trying different timing etc nothing was working. Googled for some answers and saw some dudes have the same problem and recommending that, if you think you're putting the inputs in fast, well, you aren't doing it fast enough. And lo and behold it works. The problem is that when doing the special in the combo, it needs to be done fast enough that it cancels the ending frames of the previous move (this is why MK9 was hosed because negative edge meant that you had to wait for the final move in the string to 'finish' before you could enter the special, since it counted you letting go of a button as an input, so Triangle Triangle Triangle Down Right Square gets counted as Triangle Triangle Triangle Down Right Triangle Square or whatever. Totally hosed).

jesus dude

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

im traveling on 4/20 op

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll be playing GTA5 OP, and maybe finishing pillars. We will see. Hell, I mogjt start the 120 star challenge

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I finished Pillars of Eternity and I guess I'm waiting until the expac comes out to go through it again on a harder difficulty. I wis hteh mario kart expac came out tomorrow because I'm really hype for that. I guess I'll play mario kart anyway, in anticipation.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'll be playing Guilty Gear Xrd when midnight rolls around probably, and then maybe some Dark Souls 2 and Pillars of Eternity tomorrow.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

hardcore

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
some stuff from an indie adventure jam, maybe some EYE, probably some monster hunter.

e: stay safe hitler ghost

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Wormskull posted:

there's nothing on to really watch...

That Daredevil show on Netflix is pretty loving sweet, hth

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

http://420.moe

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GTAV, the best and funniest game ever made.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

finish up Scholar of the First Sin.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Today I will play a game that both weed entusiasts and Hitler himself would enjoy equally: Grand Theft Auto V (five)

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dankolf Hitler

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Gonna bring some mobile games to play while I wait in line for a give away with gold rolling papers.

Then I'm going to use them for tobacco.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I'll be smoking like a chimny cuz I can only land Ram's BNB when I'm too high to be nervous.

SMoke weed. acquirer hyperfocus. forget you're in lobby mid roll. 4/20

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I did the Strangers and Freaks mission where the weed advocate gives trevor a j and he starts seeing clowns, and then I did Franklin's version and nothing happens and he throws the weed on the ground in disgust.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I did the Strangers and Freaks mission where the weed advocate gives trevor a j and he starts seeing clowns, and then I did Franklin's version and nothing happens and he throws the weed on the ground in disgust.

Michael's is pretty good, there should be a moba game mode with those enemies as creeps

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Update:

Looks like the contacts on my copy of tetris ds have some corrosion, stuck playing robot unicorn attack on my phone for an hour and a half

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i have to work late today which is stupid but i will rip it up and probably stare at my 3DS in confusion later tonight, as i become a retarded old man about video games when i smoke

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

GTAV, the best and funniest game ever made.

I'm having way too much fun with this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Negative edge is stupid and since the only fighting games I have any experience with are ArcSys anime crap the MK combo system makes no sense to me at all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Negative edge is stupid and since the only fighting games I have any experience with are ArcSys anime crap the MK combo system makes no sense to me at all.

its bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't smoke weed OP but I'll probably be playing SM64 on my Wii U gamepad while watching Monday night raw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i havent played it but i remember rteading about a bunch of problems with injustices inputs cuz they forced back to block into mk9's controls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Removing any semblance of timing from a fighting game is so counter intuitive it's crazy. If I had known that this was how the game played I probably wouldn't have bought it. Live and learn I guess

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mk9 felt and looked so weird to me, like the gameplay was slow but the animations were fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's got a weird push/pull, because you move slowly and your actions are pretty deliberate. but it's not like other FGs where you fish for an opening and then initiate a combo. once you land that first hit you have to had already input the rest of the combo so you have to be really twitchy with that stuff. I'm going to keep playing it but not that much probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive also never played a lag free online match (ps4) so that doesn't help either

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's got a weird push/pull, because you move slowly and your actions are pretty deliberate. but it's not like other FGs where you fish for an opening and then initiate a combo. once you land that first hit you have to had already input the rest of the combo so you have to be really twitchy with that stuff. I'm going to keep playing it but not that much probably

this sounds insanely loving retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Probably gonna get some Injustice in on my friend's projector and then try and convince him to install Saints row 3 because he doesn't have 4 and those are good games.

BTW injustice is actually super fun because you're superheroes and villains making giant explosions and destroying the sets, just don't play it online-- only with friends in the same room as you.

• Locked thread