Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Prorat posted:

PS4 and One will be outdated next year for the price of a 500 dollar PC.

$500 got me a slightly better PC 3 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Wii U and PC and that's it.

Wii U is like $199 and the graphics are very good and streaming to the controller is fantastic. Lots of exclusives and it is backwards compatible with the Wii and GameCube

Well, see ya

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
dont get a wii u get an atari jaguar its the console of the future

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

in 20 years we'll be able to emulate Bloodborne

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
whats good about bloodborne that people keep talking about it
i watched some release day video and after a few minutes of nonsense there was avoiding very mechanical patrol routes in a town with high unbreachable walls forming a winding narrow tunnel-shaped level and then a detection followed by unimpressive fight and i could swear i was watching gameplay of a lackluster ps2 title

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its just a meme isnt it like saying euro truck simulator is the best game of all time

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i just looked up some video of it, its so.. brown

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah bloodborne is what happens when something gets popular and there's demand for more. it's not great and does nothing new but it has an audience so it still sells

can't really get mad though, considering i just recently played hotline miami 2, megaman 8 and dynasty warriors 8: actually the 37th game in the series

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
watching more gameplay

enemies are generally oblivious to the player until within proximity and then attack not only with rhythm but with a slow rhythm telegraphing every attack with about 4 second wind up

since they cant just have nonstop "wall" (that completely stops resembling buildings after a minute) everywhere theres stacked bags and immovable horse-drawn carriages that are about 4 times out of scale resting against the wall just to give you frustrating blockages and you can practically see the boundary line drawn on the floor of where you can and cant go because every vertical element rises from the floor at a 90 degree angle with nothing really on top of anything else and no true use of 3d beyond whether you can fall down to a previous layer or not
the levels are lined with giant overlooking platforms serving no purpose for the fictitious world that you get to from ridiculously large stairs sparing no lumber and the state being near an endless uninteractive wall is constant

whoever designed this level was actually making a top-down hack and slash level
like gauntlet
like 1985 gauntlet
just imagine the camera being 20 feet high looking down at the player :psyduck: my dear lord
wizard needs food badly

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Prorat posted:

Actually I think I can build one now on newegg for 500. More powerful than the current consoles too. And if you buy the parts over several weeks when each part go randomly on sale it would only cost 400.

Having said that, I really want a PS4 for the exclusives, the One is hot trash though.

Consoles are good for people who like games, but aren't anal about gaming. I just don't care enough about any game to spend ten seconds figuring out if I have compatible cards. And yeah Sony is the way to go. I've had two friends now who have switched from the One after playing my PS4.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Frankenstyle posted:

Consoles are good for people who like games, but aren't anal about gaming. I just don't care enough about any game to spend ten seconds figuring out if I have compatible cards.

its a real pain in the rear end when I have to take out my Far Cry 4/Advanced Warfare card and put in my GTA V card, should of got a PS4

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It really does but also somehow get a Wii U that plays Bloodborne.

since when what happened to the wiiu, last time i heard it had no games and sucked

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

haris pilton posted:

Consoles are for man babies.
Just get a tablet or a top of the line smartphone to game on.
Better yet, find a girl, settle down
If you want you can marry
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy

I was once like you are now
And I know that it's not easy
To be calm when you've found
Something going on
But take your time, think a lot
Think of everything you've got
For you will still be here tomorrow
But your dreams may not

preach it brother yusuf

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Cumt posted:

its a real pain in the rear end when I have to take out my Far Cry 4/Advanced Warfare card and put in my GTA V card, should of got a PS4

Good example. This is the kind of person you become when you care too much.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Cumt posted:

what

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Whatever platform you choose always make sure to have fun gaming

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Get a gaming PC you idiot. iBuyPower has a sale every day. I mean it, they always have a sale going, it makes no sense. I think it's illegal to say you have a sale when you don't actually have a sale, but Hussein Obama won't do poo poo about it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

Youre posting this on a computer. Gta v came out days ago and is quantatively better in all aspects on any mid-level pc than the xbox.

well in all aspects except the crapshoot that it might actually run

Edit: lol if anyone bought Mortal Kombat X on the PC for example, it doesn't run half the time and you couldn't play it until launch day was almost over but yeah PC Master Race

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 20, 2015

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

A Fancy Bloke posted:

well in all aspects except the crapshoot that it might actually run

Edit: lol if anyone bought Mortal Kombat X on the PC for example, it doesn't run half the time and you couldn't play it until launch day was almost over but yeah PC Master Race

just a thought: lets kill everyone who talks about 'launch day' as if it is a thing

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

satanic splash-back posted:

just a thought: lets kill everyone who talks about 'launch day' as if it is a thing

yeah it's part of the superior PC experience to not be able to play games the day you buy them praise gaben

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I am a BIG FAN of the fatstronaut in OP's profile

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

A Fancy Bloke posted:

yeah it's part of the superior PC experience to not be able to play games the day you buy them praise gaben

"I MUST PLAY THIS CHILDREN'S GAME THE MOMENT IT IS RELEASED" - said no well-adjusted person ever

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm not going to read anything but the title of this thread and post "it's poo poo garbage for idiots and babies".

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

satanic splash-back posted:

"I MUST PLAY THIS CHILDREN'S GAME THE MOMENT IT IS RELEASED" - said no well-adjusted person ever

Mmm yes this PC vintage is much more mature than that filthy console swill.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

peter gabriel posted:

Whatever platform you choose always make sure to have fun gaming

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
You should take the 350$ or whatever and put it in singles and take it to a strip club and pay for some lap dances and a blowjob.

You'll have more fun kid

• Locked thread