Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm talking completely out of my rear end, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

Is your problem that they made it Inferno Cop and Inferno Cop isn't good enough for you, or is this sort of stupid bullshit something else

My problem is that they made Inferno Cop when they said (Though the PV) they were making JoJo's s1.

Which would not be that bad if not for the fact that Inferno Cop at least as the good grace to be, what, three minutes an episode so it doesn't outstay it's welcome unlike 15 minutes of this.

So my problem is that they made bad Inferno Cop and yes that is possible.

RottenK posted:

people like you make ninja slayer even better
muh serious animes
If you need other people being slightly miffed at a cartoon to allow you to enjoy it more then sure, drink it in.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

What is your source on "Ninja Slayer was originally planned for TV"

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
You're mixing things up. There'll also be a TV series next year, *after* the web series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was under the impression that the 2016 broadcast was going to be a rerun of the ONA.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If it's not a deliberate joke on Trigger's part, the broadcast will probably have finished animation, though.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

LORD OF BUTT posted:

If it's not a deliberate joke on Trigger's part, the broadcast will probably have finished animation, though.

People already assumed the web series would have full animation, though. Kinda seeing a pattern here...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
One time is not a pattern. :psyduck: There's no reason for them to delay the broadcast to next goddamn year unless they're actually planning to work on it more, this seems fairly obvious.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

LORD OF BUTT posted:

If you don't think everything about this is a joke, you may need to see a health professional. Immediately.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

If you don't think everything about this is a joke, you may need to see a health professional. Immediately.

I think most of this is, but the animation I could go either way on. Might be them trolling, might be budget problems. :shobon:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I absolutely get that it's a joke like it's source material. I just don't think it's a particularly well executed one.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 21, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
It's okay Ninja Slayer-dono, I think you're perfect just how you are.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I think most of this is, but the animation I could go either way on. Might be them trolling, might be budget problems. :shobon:

It is literally never budget problems.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
All I want to know is when's the chick in the catsuit and will she also be a cardboard cutout

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Its really lame that a show called Ninja Slayer would have extremely lovely animation! This is basic stuff Trigger!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So last week it was reminding me of the JoJo's Season 1 style show I wasn't going to get and this week it's taunting me with a Tiger and Bunny sequel that I will also never get.

Gettin' real tired of your "Trying to be funny" poo poo, Japanese animation industry.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 23, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Why doesn't this thread have the Slayer tag. What the actual gently caress.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I dropped the ball super hard. Please accept this sincere apology.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

I dropped the ball super hard. Please accept this sincere apology.

Accepted, thank you for an otherwise flawless thread.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pewdiepie posted:

Its really lame that a show called Ninja Slayer would have extremely lovely animation! This is basic stuff Trigger!
Yeah it's like a low-value concept that isn't set in a high school filled with 0.5-dimensional anime characters is the kind of thing that'll have a lot of man-hours put in it

This show is amazing and I hope they never stop with the "randomly unanimated" gimmick :allears:

Somewhat related, all the animes I like lately are terrible low-budget productions with no effort like MMD shows interspersed with Poser models and adult swim: anime edition

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Please watch this show using Viewster's subs if you can get them (regional) and nobody else's

The Devil Tesla posted:

My gut tells me that was originally the intention but something happened late into production so they had to pull something together with the animation they did have and put the rest together Inferno Cop style.
Pretty sure the author said that this is exactly what he wanted on Twitter

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Pretty sure the author said that this is exactly what he wanted on Twitter
Oh so like Flowers Of Evil. that one show that looked and felt like a car crash in slow motion?

Cause all the authorial approval in the world didn't stop that show being what it was.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Flowers of Evil was a good show based on a good manga.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Your statement's half right.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

That classroom scene alone made that stylistic choice completely worth it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh so like Flowers Of Evil. that one show that looked and felt like a car crash in slow motion?

Cause all the authorial approval in the world didn't stop that show being what it was.

Aku no Hana is cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Srice posted:

That classroom scene alone made that stylistic choice completely worth it.

Yeah. I should buy that show if I can but idk if it ever came out in the U.S. on BD

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yeah. I should buy that show if I can but idk if it ever came out in the U.S. on BD

Apparently all the blu rays for it are the rare all-region variety. Go wild sweet child.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Everything gets a BD

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool. This must have come out like well over a year after the show stopped airing. Will look good next to my pile of Aku no Hana manga

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I didn't even get to episode 3 of Aku no Hana when it was airing but I still like the rotoscoping infinitely more than the manga art.

Lobsterdeth
Jan 10, 2012

Every so often one of my cartoons leaves the nest and goes out into the world to make its way on its own. And then I hear about it. I hear about it from THE MORONS, the society of goons who HAVE THE MOST PROFOUND OBJECTIONS to what I am saying portraying, and, most of all, to what I am thinking.
Hi guys I come from the faraway land of NMD. If you enjoyed the ED for the second episode Melt-Banana are a great indie band from Japan and they are touring the US and Canada this year from May to July, if you want a good time you should listen to their stuff and go see them live! Dates & info here: http://www.geocities.jp/azaplink/mb/i_NAtour2015.html

(Boris are pretty cool too but they're not touring the US any time soon)

yeeaaart!!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I watched this show. It made me laugh a lot. Trigger, is good. :D

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Lobsterdeth posted:

Hi guys I come from the faraway land of NMD. If you enjoyed the ED for the second episode Melt-Banana are a great indie band from Japan and they are touring the US and Canada this year from May to July, if you want a good time you should listen to their stuff and go see them live! Dates & info here: http://www.geocities.jp/azaplink/mb/i_NAtour2015.html

yeeaaart!!

Some friends of mine opened for them at a show a few years ago. It was extremely rad. I got Rika's copy of the set list, which I then got the band to sign. Definitely looking forward to this tour. Especially if I manage to move to Oregon in time for their Portland date, 'cause Torche also owns.

Also, the rotoscoping in Aku no Hana fit the material better than the original manga art, and I wish they could've adapted the whole thing.

Also, Ninja Slayer is funny and good, and I want Trigger to do goofy poo poo forever.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Lobsterdeth posted:

yeeaaart!!

I loving love Melt Banana, but what I love most about this is that geocities.jp is still alive and well.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Probably the most subarashii show I've seen in years, definitely makes up for the disaster that was Kill the Kill.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Not much action this episode, but not much cutouts, either. It was pretty boring, altogether. Good ending theme, though.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 1, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, I guess that's the price we pay for getting setup on extended cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

graybook posted:

Yeah, I guess that's the price we pay for getting setup on extended cast.

all these assholes are gonna die to ninja slayer anyways

ninjas must die

• Locked thread