Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I have been kind of wondering about this lately and especially cause today is 4/20 (hurr hurr it's pots birthday let's burn up a shitload of plant matter and inhale it :downs:)

I've been straight edge since I wa16a teenager and I just never got why people like to get all drunk or high and just sit around saying our doing dumb poo poo. I'm an ameteur bodybuilder and I've never had any trouble getting tons and tons of pussy so i think it's pretty sad if you need to confuse a girl into sleeping with you by giving her drugs. Plus you can get pussy if you just work out and stay fit and get off your rear end a little bit. Alcohol tastes gross and weed causes cancer so I just dont get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.
it makes life in this poo poo country on this trash earth just barely tolerable.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

it makes life in this poo poo country on this trash earth just barely tolerable.

Why don't you just improve yourself through diet and exercise and let endorphins do their natural work?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

POWERBALL posted:

Why don't you just improve yourself through diet and exercise and let endorphins do their natural work?
Lol, how would that fix the problems with humanity?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

POWERBALL posted:

I have been kind of wondering about this lately and especially cause today is 4/20 (hurr hurr it's pots birthday let's burn up a shitload of plant matter and inhale it :downs:)

I've been straight edge since I wa16a teenager and I just never got why people like to get all drunk or high and just sit around saying our doing dumb poo poo. I'm an ameteur bodybuilder and I've never had any trouble getting tons and tons of pussy so i think it's pretty sad if you need to confuse a girl into sleeping with you by giving her drugs. Plus you can get pussy if you just work out and stay fit and get off your rear end a little bit. Alcohol tastes gross and weed causes cancer so I just dont get it.

lol dude i don't even know where to begin with this post other than to say drugs aren't just about tricking girls into sleeping with you.

like you know when you work out a lot and you have that great feeling when you're leaving the gym? drugs can give you that feeling x10 with no effort. also the world sucks dude pick a point on the globe and poo poo is hosed

but basically the answer is because they feel good, OP. it's fine to be straight edge but there's billions of people that drink and do drugs so there's obviously a good reason.

anyway good job making a serious life decision at 16 and never questioning it hahahaha

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 20, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

weed doesn't cause cancer idiot

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

you're such a square, op

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Because life sucks.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Escapism.
I'm so terrible I need mind altering substances to deal with myself.
People around me can leave if they've had enough of me.
I can't.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Lol, how would that fix the problems with humanity?

Before you can fix humanity you need to fix yourself.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol dude i don't even know where to begin with this post other than to say drugs aren't just about tricking girls into sleeping with you.

like you know when you work out a lot and you have that great feeling when you're leaving the gym? drugs can give you that feeling x10 with no effort. also the world sucks dude pick a point on the globe and poo poo is hosed

but basically the answer is because they feel good, OP. it's fine to be straight edge but there's billions of people that drink and do drugs so there's obviously a good reason.

anyway good job making a serious life decision at 16 and never questioning it hahahaha

I would think it would feel weird and maybe kind of bad to feel really good without doing anything to earn it, doesn't that feel kind of fake?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Listen buddy I've got a lot of poo poo I need to forget.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

POWERBALL posted:

Why do bodybuilders take steroids or drink muscle milk? Why do people sit around and post dumb poo poo to SA?

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
me too op.

when i walk into a room i just flex, and you can hear the seepage.

pussy just jumps on me.

i'm so alpha. check out my delts.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
For fun.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Smoked a j this morning cause life owns

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
John Stuart Mill once said "tis better to be a dissatisfied Socrates than a satisfied pig" and I think this still holds true today.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's fun with friends.

wipe up or ship out
Nov 5, 2008
Life's a bitch and then you die
That's why we get high
Cause you never know when you're gonna go
- lyrics from No ceillings by jay-z

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

POWERBALL posted:

John Stuart Mill once said "tis better to be a dissatisfied Socrates than a satisfied pig" and I think this still holds true today.

John Stuart Mill is a human being.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Feels good man.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

POWERBALL posted:

Socrates, John Stuart Mill and pigs all loved dank weed

Ur move op

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

gggiiimmmppp posted:

weed doesn't cause cancer idiot

*inhales burning plant matter* what's a carcin--*coughing* car--cough, cough--carcinogen?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
to get high

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

POWERBALL posted:

serious lols that you think of 'getting pussy' as some sort of accomplishment, like we are supposed to ook up to you because you have had sex with a woman. serious congratulations on such notable achievement

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Ocean Book posted:

serious lols that you think of 'getting pussy' as some sort of accomplishment, like we are supposed to ook up to you because you have had sex with a woman. serious congratulations on such notable achievement

:goonsay:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

POWERBALL posted:

*inhales burning plant matter* what's a carcin--*coughing* car--cough, cough--carcinogen?

there was a major DEA sponsored 30 year study taht was meant to prove that smoking weed causes cancer and it ended up just showing that if you smoke weed and cigarettes your chances of getting lung cancer go down compared to just smoking cigs

bronchitis, emphysema, asthma and poo poo though. thats why you vape

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

yes, its more goony to think of sex as a regular part of life instead of a herculean challenge

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Workout while high for a speedball of natural/unnatural endorphins

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

No, he's right. Having sex with someone because you are straight edge isn't an achievement. It probably just means you're loving lame. Have fun dating your hardcore christian girlfriend who is waiting until marriage to have sex.

I was married. My wife and I drank. She was hot. We had sex all the time. We must be outliers or something though.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

POWERBALL posted:

let's burn up a shitload of plant matter and inhale it

word man, you holding?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cantaloupe posted:

Workout while high for a speedball of natural/unnatural endorphins

recent research suggests that runner's high is more about endocannabinoids, which makes sense really since junkies dont run anywhere

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sad that you have to trick women into thinking you're attractive by working out instead of winning them over with talking, personality, and relating to them on a level of human being.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I want to smoke weed and gently caress women consensually

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Having been a runner and a drinker, I can tell you that the feeling you get from running is in no way comparable. Drinking shits all over running in terms of enjoyment.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And drinking stories can be hilarious, but exercise stories are ALWAYS boring.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Lmao bros no hating on 420 just leave ur differences aside for 1 day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No, he's right. Having sex with someone because you are straight edge isn't an achievement. It probably just means you're loving lame. Have fun dating your hardcore christian girlfriend who is waiting until marriage to have sex.

I was married. My wife and I drank. She was hot. We had sex all the time. We must be outliers or something though.

Having sex with someone while straight edge is an achievement though? Imagine trying to find a woman attracted to a grown adult who still describes himself as straight edge. I wouldn't say herculean, but it's definitely up there like at least Patroclus level, the dude who Achilles was boning.

• Locked thread