Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reject
Nov 4, 2002
Haha, a third penalty kick for Orlando. This one is super obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Now 4-3 at the extra half.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
NYCFC had a penalty but smashed it into the bar, still 2-2 in ET in the East River Derby.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
4th penalty

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
penalty kicks for everyone up in charleston

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Reject posted:

penalty kicks for everyone up in charleston

This but unironically at NYCFC/Cosmos, 2-2 at the end of ET

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
Orlando/Charleston in 8th round of PK

edit: 9th now

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Cosmos win the shootout 4-3 after 6 rounds.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Orlando and Cosmos wins on shootouts.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

pik_d posted:

Cosmos win the shootout 4-3 after 6 rounds.

this is extremely my crud

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC bring the bench as a starting XI, only three subs and a backup GK, still beat Pittsburgh 3-1 AET once Nick DeLeon enters. Highmark Stadium is a lovely USL stadium. Shame about the turf.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
What a great game, Cosmos win it rightfully after that bogus offside goal against them.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Galaxy got scored on by a team sponsored by Adrianna's Insurance.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Orlando and Cosmos wins on shootouts.
11,500 or so at the Cosmos game, which is awfully impressive considering that it's a midweek game at an NASL stadium with a short sales window. It looked like there was a good amount of NYCFCFCFC fans there.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Crazy Ted posted:

11,500 or so at the Cosmos game, which is awfully impressive considering that it's a midweek game at an NASL stadium with a short sales window. It looked like there was a good amount of NYCFCFCFC fans there.

I want to hate the Cosmos but honestly, their marketing juggernaut or something is effective. Also there's something about Raul playing in the NASL that tickles me.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Was Taters posted:

I want to hate the Cosmos but honestly, their marketing juggernaut or something is effective. Also there's something about Raul playing in the NASL that tickles me.
$500,000 is $500,000 all the same :mmmhmm:

Plus he's running the expansion of their youth academy in addition to being a player. Not all that surprising that he's in the NASL though considering he was farting around in Qatar last year.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Round 4 results:

Philadelphia Union 0-0 Rochester Rhinos (Philadelphia advances on PKs)
Red Bull New York 3-0 Atlanta Silverbacks
Sporting Kansas City 1-0 St. Louis FC
Chicago Fire 1-0 Louisville City FC
FC Dallas 4-1 Oklahoma City Energy FC
Colorado Rapids 4-1 Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
Real Salt Lake 2-1 Seattle Sounders FC 2
San Jose Earthquakes 2-2 Sacramento Republic FC (San Jose advances on PKs)
Seattle Sounders FC 1-3 Portland Timbers
Richmond Kickers 1-3 Columbus Crew SC
Pittsburgh Riverhounds 1-3 D.C. United
New York Cosmos 2-2 New York City FC (Cosmos advance on PKs)
Charleston Battery 4-4 Orlando City SC (Orlando City advances on PKs)
New England Revolution 0-1 Charlotte Independence
Houston Dynamo 2-0 Austin Aztex
Los Angeles Galaxy 6-1 PSA Elite

Round 5 draw is tomorrow morning!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Regional pairings are out. Chicago and Columbus are in the South bracket, because lol, and could have to travel to Orlando or Charlotte. The East is an I-95 affair, with DC, NYCosmos, NJ and PHI.

God, I hope DC draws the Cosmos. Two most decorated teams on the continent fighting for a trophy? Hell yea.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Mike Toole, Wednesday morning: "Man, I love it when there's a Cupset! There's gotta be one this round, I know it!"
Mike Toole, Thursday morning: "it's all my fault"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Mike Toole sounds like a real doodiehead. I hope you don't associate with him in any way.

:cheeky:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

God, I hope DC draws the Cosmos. Two most decorated teams on the continent fighting for a trophy? Hell yea.

The continent's a big place.

quote:

Domestically, the club has won a record twelve league titles, as well as a joint-record five Copa México cups, and five Campeon de Campeones cups. In international competitions, América have nine FIFA recognized club trophies, the most for a club from the CONCACAF region.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
TOLD.

OWNED.

TAKE THAT.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Yikes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ahahahahahahaha.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I wonder how long it'll take for Chicago to score on Charlotte.

Maybe Quincy will wait until the 120th before remembering he's a pro soccer player. Keep up the suspense.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Ahahahahahahaha.

Dude who tweeted it is also on one of the local billboards for the team, holy poo poo.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Let's all poo poo on Orlando.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Twitter account already deleted.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hungryjack posted:

The continent's a big place.

Pretend I linked Nic Cage yelling gently caress MEXICO

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Orlando City fans deserve the ownership they have, but neither deserve MLS.

edit: also, the Round 5 draw happened. Fixed bracket for the rest of the tournament!

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Dempsey is suspended from the USOC for the next 2 years, or 6 games, whichever is longer. Also received an undisclosed fine.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lamont Cranston posted:

Dempsey is suspended from the USOC for the next 2 years, or 6 games, whichever is longer. Also received an undisclosed fine.

Your 2022 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
And here whatshisname the LA fan told me that there was nothing else coming for Dempsey. There's a small decrease in satisfaction in saying I TOLD YOU SO, when it's your own player, of course.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Lamont Cranston posted:

Wow, that is huge.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

El Jebus posted:

Wow, that is huge.

Not really.

He set a precedent, so the response also has to set a precedent to detour this behavior.

They should start fining players and clubs for crowding the ref after a call as well.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Lladre posted:

They should start fining players and clubs for crowding the ref after a call as well.

They do. Nobody cares.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Does Dempsey even want to play in the USOC? It seems like he is paying for a ticket out of that so he can focus on MLS and other duties.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

porkface posted:

Does Dempsey even want to play in the USOC? It seems like he is paying for a ticket out of that so he can focus on MLS and other duties.

Eh, if he cares enough to get punished for something stupid, he cares enough to play, probably. Like I can definitely see him not caring too much about the early games, but if Seattle was getting close to winning the Open Cup, I'm sure he'd want to be part of it.

I don't mean to be completely pissing in y'all's lemonade, but it does seem the majority of Sounders players care like we do.

e: Like Dempsey probably cares the least of the current first team, and I don't think he's like Freddie Ljungberg, Blaise Nkufo, or arguably Eddie Johnson at all.

foobardog fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 26, 2015

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Blanco was suspended from the USOC for like a year or something - an unfinished punishment, so he would still have to serve it if he gave up on being mayor of Cuernavaca.

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

foobardog posted:

Eh, if he cares enough to get punished for something stupid, he cares enough to play, probably. Like I can definitely see him not caring too much about the early games, but if Seattle was getting close to winning the Open Cup, I'm sure he'd want to be part of it.

I don't mean to be completely pissing in y'all's lemonade, but it does seem the majority of Sounders players care like we do.

e: Like Dempsey probably cares the least of the current first team, and I don't think he's like Freddie Ljungberg, Blaise Nkufo, or arguably Eddie Johnson at all.

I expect that dude to serve his suspension in the stands like a good boy. Not out fishing.

• Locked thread