Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

There's a GoFundMe set up to help with CVFC's travel costs. It's not hard to find if you would like to help some amateurs out with living the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

So, did anyone see if Dempsey spit on the ref? A couple of folks who I have full faith in being completely honest mentioned it on Twitter, but I was busy playing with my puppy after the Gaston flop & missed it.

Was Taters posted:

I kinda wanna get anothe red card right now

I thought Rose was going to get a 2nd yellow and you'd have to forfeit.

highme
May 25, 2001

Was Taters posted:

You mean ref meltdown :)

Evans red was legit. Oba getting hurt right after the 3rd sub was unfortunate. Gaston's flop was fortuitous. And Dempsey Dempseyed.

Regardless, it was 2-1 before the fiasco & should have been 2 or 3-1 if it wasn't for Kwarasey in the 2nd half.

Edit: props to SSFC for that lovely set up that has a bunch of pissed off (or gleeful and taunting) home fans exiting 3' from away support.

Also, my son, the mediocre lacrosse player scored on that field too. Time to retire "Fortress Starfire" and play at the venue SSFC rents from the NFL.

highme fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 17, 2015

highme
May 25, 2001

Jack2142 posted:

Portland fans complaining about Seattle throwing poo poo at players is priceless considering they have done it in the past. fans in general suck and you probably shouldn't get so worked up over a game. On the flip side you guys have your chance to win your first piece of silverware! The pointless US Open Cup that now that my team is out suddenly IS UTTERLY MEANINGLESS!!!

Portland Delenda Est.

You throw anything towards the pitch in Portland and I see it you're watching the rest of the match from a nearby bar.

I doubt it was ECS because just like the TA they're generally respectful of the game. With the bench that close to exiting angry fans, I'm not surprised that they took the opportunity to throw poo poo.

Oh yeah, it should have only been 2-1 because Troy Perkins let in one of the softest goals I've ever seen.

highme fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 17, 2015

highme
May 25, 2001

foobardog posted:

If they do, it'd be bullshit, because I distinctly remember ECS using flares at Starfire and getting nothing more than Arlo White jokingly calling them "naughty boys and girls"

Was it flares or just smoke? I didn't see it but heard Fletcher mention it. Last year when one of our bigger douchebags set off smoke on the way in he was trespassed & arrested after he tried to get back in. He got a travel ban from the TA and banned from home matches for the rest of the season.

I haven't seen him (or had to deal with his poo poo) at a league match since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Perkins on that last goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99CDSkIsvkM

http://gfycat.com/ImmediateConsiderateDrafthorse
http://gfycat.com/FabulousAggressiveFlies

Guess those don't embed

highme fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 17, 2015

• Locked thread