Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvR0UaEKjp0

Trailer editor: "Excuse me as I spoil the entire loving movie for you." :downs:

:regd09:: "Something's wrong. They're communicating."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
but its got dinosaurs

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

WHERE ARE THE FEATHERS???

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
It doesn't look very *fun*. The original was pretty fun.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

andy dwy'res probably not gonna hit on a girl by describing chaos theory, 0/10

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Phoon posted:

WHERE ARE THE FEATHERS???

This, but equally as unironically.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seems quite bad i agree

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I bet there's no animatronics involved which means its hot garbage

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

they be posting in lh: let's hunt

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

superjew posted:

This, but equally as unironically.

thank you for recognising the unironicness of my desire to see (sometimes) brightly coloured feathered dinosaurs

E: i have this book called all yesterdays that i read about here and it is awesome

Phoon fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 20, 2015

Aug 4, 2010

would gently caress red head

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvR0UaEKjp0

Trailer editor: "Excuse me as I spoil the entire loving movie for you." :downs:

It's a freaking reboot. We know what happens. There are dinosaurs and stuff and they are super smart and run really fast and eat people.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

I bet there's no animatronics involved which means its hot garbage

the dinos looks pretty bad imo while the effects work from jurassic park 1 still holds up. i have no idea if they're all digital or not though in world.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

but its got dinosaurs

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
Everyone was thinking it, but they all wanted to fit in, and they thought everyone else liked it, so they acted excited. Good job thinking for yourself.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
cool lets throw in as much iconic jurassic park imagery as possible and then some hokey poo poo about a guy who is the dinosaur whisperer?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

the dinos looks pretty bad imo while the effects work from jurassic park 1 still holds up. i have no idea if they're all digital or not though in world.

lol if you think a modern remake/cashgrab will spend money on practical effects.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
im pretty sure i would win a boxing match with either a raptor or a tyrannosaurus rex

hth

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DarthJeebus posted:

lol if you think a modern remake/cashgrab will spend money on practical effects.

They did, half of it is very well hidden but they're still using matte paintings and scale models for sets. There are some Dinosaur puppetry, but it's all legs and claws and nothing as elaborate as a full sized animatronic puppet with a working head. The Lab set has working robots and machines that are all non-CG.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

www posted:

would gently caress red head

It's very strange how she can come from part of the same gene-line that produced Clint Howard

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that is bad.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
imo they took the script from Deep Blue sea and ctrl-H'ed "shark" into "dinosaur"

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

dinosaurs are cool

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo is has vincent donofrio :allears:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Harald posted:

imo they took the script from Deep Blue sea and ctrl-H'ed "shark" into "dinosaur"

This is unironically a good idea

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
seriously people complaining about BOOHOO PRACTICAL EFFEECTS only want money shots with some sort of animatronic monster. Now a days if you're creating prosthetics and poo poo for an animatronic suit or costume you're going to use 3d modeling software to make it anyways. Be it stuff like CAD or Maya, these programs are pretty integral to designing everything now. 3D scans are another thing that's used to make elaborate body suit costumes now. Hell Peter Jackson did it this was for all of his monster masks/suits and everything.

The problem is that people only remember the good uses of practical effects. Because there have been a ton of movies that used them and the puppets and poo poo looked just as fake(i.e. Carnisaur).

The only issues where poo poo comes up where it's noticeable as far as acting goes is with green screen sets. But sets where actor's can't see the poo poo they're supposed to be acting with has been around for decades upon decades and existed since the first version of Auther C Clarke's The Lost World.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I liked it and im excited to see this new movie.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Not only did they spoil it, they spoiled it chronologically .

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rise of the Planet of the Apes Dinosaurs

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Leperflesh posted:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes Dinosaurs

"Get your claws off of me, you damned, dirty velociraptor!"

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
what we need is a fan remake of the original jurassic park much like the robocop fan remake

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's actually Dinosaur Moses breaking the chains of the enslaved dinosaurs and leading a revolt before taking them to the promised land.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
wow the dinosaurs actually really smart they removed the tracking implants i m on the edge of my seat what will the dinosaurs think of next

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We run a park full of genetically modified super monsters. A security force? Oh sure we got those, we just haven't given them any weapons capable of dealing with our genetically modified super monsters nor any training on how to deal with a dino emergency but IM SURE ITLL BE FINE

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

DarthJeebus posted:

Wait it is supposed to be a remake?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
argggh! drat! the dinosaurs have outsmart us again.... chris pratt has a roguish plan though and only this plan can save us from dinosaurs

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
drat. it's like it was before but.....smart. i cant wait to see how peter quill beats it and sets the sequel

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sir, if we invest in a helicopter with a mounted weapon of some sort we should be fine

:supaburn:lol no, i want 20 guys on the ground, going inside the jungle with rifles and no visual aids so the dinos stand a chance at killing all of them:supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
the dinosaurs are outrunning our bullets and the bullets that do hit are no match for their thick unfeathered skin!

• Locked thread