Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
az
Dec 2, 2005

this would make an okay black comedy movie but if theyre playing it straight then lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

az posted:

this would make an okay black comedy movie but if theyre playing it straight then lmao

That will make it even funnier

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

naem posted:

Does Chris Pratt really ride a motorcycle with his Dino pals is that really

Haha that is the best part of the whole trailer

"Ill can just train these highly intelligent and efficient killers just like dogs!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Black Bones posted:

That will make it even funnier

naem
May 29, 2011

thathonkey posted:

"Ill can just train these highly intelligent and efficient killers just like dogs!"

Why doesn't he just ride the dinosaur and go full retard

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

superjew posted:

This, but equally as unironically.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

thathonkey posted:

except dogs are highly trained efficient killers.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

so who'd win in a fight cry baby superman sweaty black stormtrooper jedi or mind controlling bigger than trex dino ?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
That CGI is absolutely awful it looks like an Xbox game. How is it that 12 years after the original we can have a major movie that looks like this? Is it that most of the budget goes towards actors and marketing now? Someone please explain.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Amarcarts posted:

That CGI is absolutely awful it looks like an Xbox game. How is it that 12 years after the original we can have a major movie that looks like this? Is it that most of the budget goes towards actors and marketing now? Someone please explain.

The first movie was a Spielberg movie and he cared about having everything blend together seamlessly.

What I see with the new movie is that they're not taking the time to have the CG blend-in with the background. For movies like Avatar you had a ton of people working on not making the CG stick out. Post production is not an easy process.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
looks like hot garbage op

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

The Taint Reaper posted:

The first movie was a Spielberg movie and he cared about having everything blend together seamlessly.

What I see with the new movie is that they're not taking the time to have the CG blend-in with the background. For movies like Avatar you had a ton of people working on not making the CG stick out. Post production is not an easy process.

Spielberg directed the first two and is exec producing this one, as he did the 3rd. The trailer for World already has better effects than the first one.

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Black Bones posted:

Spielberg directed the first two and is exec producing this one, as he did the 3rd. The trailer for World already has better effects than the first one.

Spielberg also produced the loving Transformers movies. Pasting his name on there doesn't mean poo poo if he isn't directing.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

This looks like a terrible Star Lord / Dinotopia mash-up. :negative:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Wow, for everything cool that will be in this, they're going to do straight stupid poo poo. The trained raptors is ridiculous

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
its lets about controlling them and more about food and loving, you have to be able to relate to at least one of those right?

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!
noone is allowed to like this movie because i think its super lovely from the trailer and therefore everyone must find it lovely

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

it looks ok maybe but why the gently caress is some random dude directing it

dude got 5 directed movies on imdb and 3 of them are poo poo u never heard of

hell 2 of them got less than 30 user votes

wtf. get out my face wit ur 22 user vote havin unknown movie directin rear end

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Looks like it'll be a solid film, thanks for sharing the link Op

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Its.

ITS.

GODZILLA!

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

it looks ok maybe but why the gently caress is some random dude directing it

dude got 5 directed movies on imdb and 3 of them are poo poo u never heard of

hell 2 of them got less than 30 user votes

wtf. get out my face wit ur 22 user vote havin unknown movie directin rear end

hopefully everything will be ok

i'm so worried

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
He directed Safety Not Guaranteed. I'm sure that experience will help with a new Jurassic Park movie.

What could go wrong?

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
If goons can't get behind the raptor pack, then they truly hate everything.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ZombieParts posted:

hopefully everything will be ok

i'm so worried

i know dude

jurassic park was a big part of my childhood and if this one sucks ill be real disappointed

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Pulp Can Move posted:

If goons can't get behind the raptor pack, then they truly hate everything.

No goons like Speed Racer

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Amarcarts posted:

Spielberg directed Jaws, a movie where the animatronic shark they used was constantly breaking down so they had to shoot plenty of shark scenes without the shark. He learned the fine art of not showing the monster too much. When they made Jurassic Park 22 years ago, everything was done with technical limitations in mind so they would only show dinosaurs that looked good. For example, they couldn't do good CGI shadows at the time, so they avoid putting non-animatronic dinosaurs in scenes where they'd cast noticeable shadows. Now they've gotten cocky about the CGI, so they'll show a dinosaur in broad daylight or sprinting through the jungle even though it's noticeably painted into the environment.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Amarcarts posted:

it was 22 years ago

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the dinosaurs arent intelligent its just that only idiots would populate a theme park with genetically enhanced super dinosaurs

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

What if we engineered the acid dinos to shoot lasers

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Knyteguy posted:

im pretty sure i would win a boxing match with either a raptor or a tyrannosaurus rex

hth

They would just invite you out to dinner and ruin your budget for the month

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvR0UaEKjp0

Trailer editor: "Excuse me as I spoil the entire loving movie for you." :downs:

:regd09:: "Something's wrong. They're communicating."

Harald posted:

imo they took the script from Deep Blue sea and ctrl-H'ed "shark" into "dinosaur"

I was thinking "Jurassic Alien" but yeah, there's definitely some shark DNA in there as well.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

We run a park full of genetically modified super monsters. A security force? Oh sure we got those, we just haven't given them any weapons capable of dealing with our genetically modified super monsters nor any training on how to deal with a dino emergency but IM SURE ITLL BE FINE

That was definitely the villainous John Hammond's plan in the original.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The red heads wig is so awful and obvious

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
a-dur imma face for apple lemme pop up my sgi videyagames file browser.

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
how hte hell does CGI in this movie looks worse than original jurassic park

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
chriss pratt is loving the raptors to get their respect

sonofsunaj
Mar 16, 2009
It's deep blue sea with dinosaurs instead of sharks.

Also no Samuel L. Jackson being eaten in the most awesome way possible. So yeah, it sucks.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
high budget cgi dinosaurs still looking worse than paper mache ones from 20 years ago, cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I love the bit that's like "weren't normal dinosaurs enough?"

• Locked thread