Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
This series needs a reboot, bring back the original brooding soundtrack. I want the dude from Breaking Bad to play the crazy park owner and Justin Timberlake to play the dude who says "Nature finds a way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

malcom gladwell would probably hasve some on point sthit to asay about dinos

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pumroy posted:

malcom gladwell would probably hasve some on point sthit to asay about dinos

this is the biggest turkey since ron popeil basted my rear end for 3 hours unabridged

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still think it will not be as bad as Jurassic Park 3 : the one in which nothing cool happens.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I like how I called all the raptors being slightly different so you have to buy the same cast dino repainted slightly 4 times.

but anyway jst turn ur brain off starlord rides a donosaur and shoots a trex :)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why are normal dinos not enough? A good decent story about cloning them for amusement park. Basically Jurassic Park the Reboot. I would prefer that.

Serious, not joke: When the first one came out, kids and teenagers were fascinated by Dinosaurs. I t was enough to show normal Dinos and a story and people would go see it.
Nowadays thanks to Pokemon and all the other poo poo on TV, Hollywood thinks they have to one up everything with fighting, explosions etc to get people to go to the movies.

Imagine you are a Dad or Mom.

Would you take your 12 year old to see a movie about a Dinosaur theme park with a little violence and even educational value (in terms of this is what we believe a brachiosaurus loosk like etc.)? Yes.

Would you take your 12 year old to see a movie about a Dinosaur theme park where people get killed, lots of shooting and fighting and a clones superkiller saurus? Hell nah. I am not up for that poo poo.
I'd get out the original and offer to watch it with them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jurassic Park was great because the dinosaurs were seamlessly integrated into the setting, everything felt surprisingly natural, and ultimately the story was about characters trying to survive in a dangerous environment, not about the dinosaurs themselves, those were basically just normal animals.

In this turd they went "turn everything to loving 11, throw 500 million $$ on it if it doesn't work, make ups some ridiculous poo poo for the trailers, yes more poo poo, please, im cumming"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hopper posted:

Why are normal dinos not enough? A good decent story about cloning them for amusement park. Basically Jurassic Park the Reboot. I would prefer that.

Serious, not joke: When the first one came out, kids and teenagers were fascinated by Dinosaurs. I t was enough to show normal Dinos and a story and people would go see it.
Nowadays thanks to Pokemon and all the other poo poo on TV, Hollywood thinks they have to one up everything with fighting, explosions etc to get people to go to the movies.

Imagine you are a Dad or Mom.

Would you take your 12 year old to see a movie about a Dinosaur theme park with a little violence and even educational value (in terms of this is what we believe a brachiosaurus loosk like etc.)? Yes.

Would you take your 12 year old to see a movie about a Dinosaur theme park where people get killed, lots of shooting and fighting and a clones superkiller saurus? Hell nah. I am not up for that poo poo.
I'd get out the original and offer to watch it with them.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

WitchFetish posted:

I still think it will not be as bad as Jurassic Park 3 : the one in which nothing cool happens.

dude a raptor snaps a guy's neck out of spite, am i the only one who remembers this movie???

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

it raises the stakes enough just by having the park be operational and full of visitors it seems crazy to include a super intelligent villainous dinosaur

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hahaha yeah. Dinosaurs doing the "Hollywood Necksnap" to avoid showing blood.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

yeah that CGI is garbage

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Gatekeeper posted:

dude a raptor snaps a guy's neck out of spite, am i the only one who remembers this movie???

It also had the 3D printed Raptor Brain Ocarina. Amazing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the leaked version is really not all that bad. The raptor pack thing is needed because Pratt can't talk to dinosaurs yet the raptors can so the story justifies it and doesn't break the sense of disbelief. It's less like Alien and more like Predator. It may not have the look of a finished film due to it being the leaked version but the shots and everything is worlds better than Jurassic Park 3. Nothing really stood out as being all that awful, it's an action movie and not a thriller which was what the first Jurassic Park was.

It's a better Predator movie than any of the recent Predator films.

Now to watch the Force Awakens...

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wait, the force?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
tell u what it didnt have? those soldiers at the end riding dinosaurs and fighting. wud have been boss lol. :)

Film genuinely appears to be a mess. Like someone saw one of those whacky paintings of Putin riding a Trceratops and shooting a 4 barrelled AK and they went, "YES! THAT'S WHAT WE NEED!"

And you know what? That kind of absurd OTT lunacy is great. But maybe just call the film, "Dino-Fighters" or something. Just seems daft to go from the relatively grounded* first 3 to this with a pinball go-kart, Starlord raptor-Pack and chameleon Jason voorhees dinosaur.

*Yeah. Relatively grounded for a film about genetic dinosaurs, one of which rampages in L.A. if you can't see the difference between the fantasy of Jurassic Park and how far off the scale Jurassic World is then I dunno what to say.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

WitchFetish posted:

the raptors got feathers. and the raptors in this movie have no feathers, even though current research suggests that bipedal carnivorous dinosaurs most likely had feathers.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's a fuckton of corporate back and forth between the investors and poo poo with the calls and everything, but it's a pretty solid action movie. It's not Transformers bad, but transformers also made a billion million loving dollars 4 times in a row so it still puzzles me.

It's like if someone made a Dino Crisis movie

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LegoPirateNinja posted:

the raptors got feathers. and the raptors in this movie have no feathers, even though current research suggests that bipedal carnivorous dinosaurs most likely had feathers.

huh?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

ChogsEnhour posted:

tell u what it didnt have? those soldiers at the end riding dinosaurs and fighting. wud have been boss lol. :)

Film genuinely appears to be a mess. Like someone saw one of those whacky paintings of Putin riding a Trceratops and shooting a 4 barrelled AK and they went, "YES! THAT'S WHAT WE NEED!"

And you know what? That kind of absurd OTT lunacy is great. But maybe just call the film, "Dino-Fighters" or something. Just seems daft to go from the relatively grounded* first 3 to this with a pinball go-kart, Starlord raptor-Pack and chameleon Jason voorhees dinosaur.

*Yeah. Relatively grounded for a film about genetic dinosaurs, one of which rampages in L.A. if you can't see the difference between the fantasy of Jurassic Park and how far off the scale Jurassic World is then I dunno what to say.

Yeah, being a sequel is definitely working against this film.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's better than Jurassic Park 3 and Lost World.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

jurassic park 3 raptors had little feather hairs on their heads

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i will see this dinosaur movie and probably enjoy it for what it is.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Prolonged Priapism posted:

It also had the 3D printed Raptor Brain Ocarina. Amazing.

i keep trying to make one out of clay but it always sounds like an aztec death whistle (also cool) instead of a badass raptor scream

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LegoPirateNinja posted:

jurassic park 3 raptors had little feather hairs on their heads

feather? like a dog?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
yes exactly like a dog

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Zahgaegun posted:

This series needs a reboot, bring back the original brooding soundtrack. I want the dude from Breaking Bad to play the crazy park owner and Justin Timberlake to play the dude who says "Nature finds a way"

the reboot should be a one man production with all roles played by jeff goldblum

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the reboot should be a one man production with all roles played by jeff goldblum

Jurassic and Me: the riveting one man off Broadway show starring Jeff Goldblum

[lights come up on a lab scene. Beakers full of smoking green fluid are bubbling away. Jeff is bent over a desk, scribbling away on some paperwork]

[phone rings]

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"Hey baby. Yeah, working late again... No, probably not - I need to be here to watch over the-... Look - I warned you that this next round would require me to-"

[sound of a call being disconnected]

[Jeff looks at the handset for a few seconds then slowly replaces it on the phone. He sighs deeply. With his right hand he regretfully pulls off a wedding ring. He stares at it for a few seconds and then drops it into a Erlenmeyer flask full of yellow liquid next to him. It makes a 'bloop' sound and then sinks to the bottom. He goes back to the paperwork.]

[lights fade out]

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 21, 2015

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

ZombieParts posted:

Yeah, being a sequel is definitely working against this film.

This movie is a Jurassic Park movie like Star Trek into Darkness is a Star Trek movie: it's on name only and completely missed why people loved the original good stuff in the first place. It's just all SPLOMOSHIONS AND LOUD NOISES AND ANGST AND SEX AND DARK AND MILITARY/CORPORATE GREED.

I'm not saying it can't work at all, but just make it something original instead of slapping a name on there just for the sake of money.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Phoon posted:

it raises the stakes enough just by having the park be operational and full of visitors it seems crazy to include a super intelligent villainous dinosaur

it's not enough to just ripoff Jaws 3D when you can also do Deep Blue Sea

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
It looks like it's gonna be really, really, reallllly terrible.

Holy poo poo I didn't think you could gently caress up a movie about dinosaurs this badly, but here we are.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Sintax posted:

wow the dinosaurs actually really smart they removed the tracking implants i m on the edge of my seat what will the dinosaurs think of next

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

This movie is a Jurassic Park movie like Star Trek into Darkness is a Star Trek movie: it's on name only and completely missed why people loved the original good stuff in the first place. It's just all SPLOMOSHIONS AND LOUD NOISES AND ANGST AND SEX AND DARK AND MILITARY/CORPORATE GREED.

I'm not saying it can't work at all, but just make it something original instead of slapping a name on there just for the sake of money.

Star Trek into darkness and It's previous film were drat good movies.

Trek sucked for a good long while after DS9 and they gave the franchise a kick in the balls it needed.

And now we have 3 new star wars movies because of them.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
i thought the first trailer was godawful why are you folks surprised

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Wizgot posted:

It's a freaking reboot. We know what happens. There are dinosaurs and stuff and they are super smart and run really fast and eat people.

It's a reboot? The head scientist guy from the first one is in it so I figured it's a sequel.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

dog buttz posted:

It's a reboot? The head scientist guy from the first one is in it so I figured it's a sequel.

It's an alternate "what if scenario" like what if the park actually opened without the incident of the first one. Just like Disney Land begat Disney World. This one is "the Jurassic brand was so sucessful they opened another theme park because everyone loved the first one."

like all that poo poo from Jurassic Park 1-3 did not happen.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
holeywud trying to start a new cinematic unvierse with jurpissic prak, theodore rex, land b4 time and the dinosaurs??? you heard it here first,folks

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Sintax posted:

wow the dinosaurs actually really smart they removed the tracking implants i m on the edge of my seat what will the dinosaurs think of next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's an alternate "what if scenario" like what if the park actually opened without the incident of the first one. Just like Disney Land begat Disney World. This one is "the Jurassic brand was so sucessful they opened another theme park because everyone loved the first one."

like all that poo poo from Jurassic Park 1-3 did not happen.

That's not that bad, actually. I mean sure, they may gently caress it up but the actual idea of it being an alternate timeline isn't all that terrible.

• Locked thread