Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
As you may have noticed, the HW2 recordings are done.

I may not do the Mods videos, as they are giving me a headache, but I will see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I warned you about mods bro

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Frigate Lost

There were some small difficulties with the Vaygr commentary which will necessitate a re-do.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I warned you about mods bro

It would not be completely incorrect for me to say that I bought the Remaster solely because of its built-in mod launcher.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What does it launch them into?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Depends on the Mod. Some use Remaster, many at the minute use Classic(As they are direct copy-paste ports put up on the Workshop). The mod tools are apparently not really out there at present, though that's hearsay.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 7, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I was hoping you'd say 'the Sun'. Guess I'll have to keep looking...

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
So for those who don't know about the the Arioch name thing berryjon referenced at the start:
When HW2 first was a thing, there was a lot of bitching on the Relic forums about Jennifer Graveness replacing Heidi Ernest as Karen's VA. Unsurprisingly this got a bit nasty towards Graveness (this was back in 2003 though, so it wasn't that bad when compared to your average 2015 gamer complaining about women).
A guy who went by Arioch was one of the most vocal manchildren occupying the Relic forums. There's an easter egg in HW2 where if you play under the name Arioch and loose a skirmish battle against the AI, you'll hear a voice clip of Graveness saying "Arioch, my voice is sexier."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Raygereio posted:

So for those who don't know about the the Arioch name thing berryjon referenced at the start:
When HW2 first was a thing, there was a lot of bitching on the Relic forums about Jennifer Graveness replacing Heidi Ernest as Karen's VA. Unsurprisingly this got a bit nasty towards Graveness (this was back in 2003 though, so it wasn't that bad when compared to your average 2015 gamer complaining about women).
A guy who went by Arioch was one of the most vocal manchildren occupying the Relic forums. There's an easter egg in HW2 where if you play under the name Arioch and loose a skirmish battle against the AI, you'll hear a voice clip of Graveness saying "Arioch, my voice is sexier."

Yeah, that was one of the dumbest things to get upset over in the myriad of bad decisions that was Homeworld 2. At least the recasting couldn't be helped. Heidi Ernest was literally 8 months pregnant at the time of HW2's voice recording sessions, so of course it would be unfair to her to drag her back into a recording booth for it when she wasn't even a voice actor by profession, and she sounded nothing like she did in Homeworld 1 at the time due to said pregnancy.

On a tangentially related note: I found some amusing outtakes from Heidi's tutorial recording session for Homeworld: Cataclysm. It's fun to hear her laughing and joking about in the booth and making fun of Lara Croft's boobs. :allears:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I will not be doing Mods, as the ones I have a hold of are, well, they're not what I would call 'good LP material', either by taking too long for a match, or by being incomplete.

So here's the last video from Homeworld 2, and I thank all of you who watched, made comments, commentated or did anything else. It's certainly been an interesting year going through all three games, from the melancholy and wonder of Homeworld, to the amazing characterization of Cataclysm, to the beauty of HW2. And I don't regret doing this for you all.

I will see you next time, with Homeworld: Shipbreakers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well done berryjon.

berryjon posted:

I will see you next time, with Homeworld: Shipbreakers.

Let's hope this proves true sooner than later and Shipbreakers isn't actually just a piece of IP-retaining vaporware.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Great work with the LPs berryjon! Sorry I wasn't around to rerecord audio for the second video, real life stuff caught up with me the last few weeks. :shobon:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Well done berryjon.

Let's hope this proves true sooner than later and Shipbreakers isn't actually just a piece of IP-retaining vaporware.

It's not done by Gearbox so it won't be the first part of that at least. Still could be just plain vaporware though since it started life (didn't get past the "buy in beta" stage) as a free to play RTS and then the developers and Gearbox got together after the IP was sold to make it a more traditional game. But given the state of the Remastered release, which I wouldn't describe as "bad" so much as "preliminary," I suspect it could be a pretty long time before anything out of Shipbreakers comes along.

And thanks for the LP's, berryjon.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have sent in the request for this thread to be Archived, and as such, I will be locking it at the end of the week. Last call for comments!

You know, I just checked the original HW1 thread - It started on 03 October 14, and the last video here was posted on 02 Oct 15. Took me a year to go through all three games.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Thanks for the trilogy! It was pretty great seeing two great games and then I guess it was okay seeing a crappy game that poo poo all over the other ones? idk

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Thanks again berryjohn, it's been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Great job.
gently caress Homeworld 2.

• Locked thread