Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Raygereio posted:

while the Taidani designs were more elegant (for want of a better word).

They were also much more warlike, insectoid and plain evil-looking to me.

And red and yellow's rarely the good guys' colouring scheme, is it?

E:

I mean, when comparing it to blue and white.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Kushan ships look much more smooth and rounded to me, a lot like the Federation, while I think Taidani ships look distinctly lower-tech and crude, built for functionality rather than looks.

As it is, my Taidani exiles journeying to their lost homeworld of Hiigara against the Kushan Empire use green and white as their color scheme.

Smoother, sure, but the Taidani has all kinds of nonimportant stuff clamped unto them, like wings and ornate frontal pieces. Maybe it's the yellow that makes it look more industrial?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

A very nice thing about the HW1 campaign is that you can actually make your own color scheme.

What? And break canon?!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Why did they ever get rid of the speedup button?

Relic didn't care much for Cataclysm.

Any of it.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

I mean, I like the Somtaaw Edition ideas and all, but let's not get TOO fanfictiony.

Having them beating everything and everyone makes them incredibly Sues - Who are you guys? Metzen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

You say that in jest, but there actually is a lot of Alien inspiration in Rob Cunningham's artwork.

There's a reason you can spot the Narcissus in Cataclysm.

• Locked thread