Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
shot to the thigh to stagger him, round-house qte melee, slash the body on the ground, in case of las plagas parasite quickturn and run back, quickturn, flash grenade

basic stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I am an American teaching English in Spain. My coworkers don't understand why I didn't think this was a big deal since I just kind of shrugged when they started talking about it. I kind of changed tone after that and pretended to think "oh yeah, this is really bad and I can't believe it happened," but inside I was just thinking "he only killed one person. That is basically a normal Monday in America."

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
^^^ Honestly the one thing that surprised me was that this was NOT in the US. It would have been pretty obvious even without a given location though, due to lack of actual firearms and automatic weapons and the kid not being shot.

Stoic Commie posted:

ban game of thrones, and all other visual media. bet this kid even uses the name 'tyrion' as a handle when is online on the internet

He had a crossbow, duh, ban The Walking Dead instead.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Apr 21, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Daedra posted:

wouldnt have happened if the teacher had a crossbow

I misread the topic as the teacher had a machete, which would have been more interesting.

Hopper posted:

He had a crossbow, duh, ban The Walking Dead instead.

Maybe the kid's idol was Jeoffry. Would explain the wanton murder.

(Seriously the only character coming to mind using a crossbow on Game of Thrones is said total pussy/psycho)

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Nonsense posted:

the kid was a moor

it's moop

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Wizgot posted:

Just goes to show you that this poo poo happens all over the world and not "only in America". I live here in Spain and I get constantly berated by people asking why we allow people to have guns when there are school shootings every week in the US.

I feel like most of the hate is directed towards the US. Not even gun hate, just hate in general. In other words, be glad you live in Spain.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

SweetKarma posted:

I feel like most of the hate is directed towards the US. Not even gun hate, just hate in general. In other words, be glad you live in Spain.

Two questions I get asked here constantly... "Where are you from?" "How many guns do you have?" At first I would always say none, but now I answer the gun question with "an entire loving arsenal," and explain that if you don't have a few guns at least then you are basically as good as dead.

My favorite part is when they say things like, "well in America, everyone has a gun." I will then ask if they have ever been there and of course the answer is no. Nothing better than ignorant Europeans telling me exactly what America is like when the extent of their knowledge of the country is from watching Breaking Bad and the Wire. It honestly shocked me how loving ignorant most people are about other countries when these same Europeans love to give the impression that they are knowledgeable about other cultures and totally not xenophobic or dumbasses.

E: And I know people are ignorant dumbasses everywhere, nothing special about Europe in that regard.

Obligatory Handle fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 21, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Finally someone used the Crossbow Expert feat correctly as intended.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Parallax Scroll posted:

Splatmaster posted:

HALOO! YOU KILL MY GPA! PREPARE TO DIE!

naem posted:

Splatmaster posted:

HALOO! YOU KILL MY GPA! PREPARE TO DIE!

S-stop quoting that!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

I misread the topic as the teacher had a machete, which would have been more interesting.

Maybe the kid's idol was Jeoffry. Would explain the wanton murder.

(Seriously the only character coming to mind using a crossbow on Game of Thrones is said total pussy/psycho)

The midget crossbows his father on the shitter.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
uh no charges? I hope the mental institution can hold him indefinitely

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

SweetKarma posted:

Everyone hates america even though, deep down, everyone is American. :fsmug:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

we're a magical land far far away to the spaniards, unlike English pricks who come to staycay in Spain buying up all the good property and soaking up the sun and telling them to speak better English

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Can we just hate on England for a while? They're basically the US but they've been riding on the European piggy-back for far too long.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Wizgot posted:

Just goes to show you that this poo poo happens all over the world and not "only in America". I live here in Spain and I get constantly berated by people asking why we allow people to have guns when there are school shootings every week in the US.

What do you expect when you export your violent culture all over the world

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

Can we just hate on England for a while? They're basically the US but they've been riding on the European piggy-back for far too long.

but they dont have guns they just impose their will through passive aggressive ex pats

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
how many thirteen year olds with a crossbow could you take in a fight

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Wizgot posted:

Are you retarded?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

plain blue jacket posted:

I imagine like 4 if they are poo poo shots and kill each other in a crossfire. If they have machetes too all bets are off man

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

but they dont have guns they just impose their will through passive aggressive ex pats

My 18th century version of England would just send a bunch of ships to intimidate the enemy and then get drunk and fall asleep.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Alan Smithee posted:

I imagine like 4 if they are poo poo shots and kill each other in a crossfire. If they have machetes too all bets are off man

it doesn't count if they accidentally kill eachother

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Rupert Giles Jr., you're expelled!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Alan Smithee posted:

If they have machetes too all bets are off man

This is what school shooters in the US need to learn. They always empty a clip or two, then some hero charges them while they're reloading and that's the end of it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

plain blue jacket posted:

how many crossbows do i get

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

turns out zombie survivor kits are also excellent school shooter kits

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Level up!

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Obligatory Handle posted:

Two questions I get asked here constantly... "Where are you from?" "How many guns do you have?" At first I would always say none, but now I answer the gun question with "an entire loving arsenal," and explain that if you don't have a few guns at least then you are basically as good as dead.

My favorite part is when they say things like, "well in America, everyone has a gun." I will then ask if they have ever been there and of course the answer is no. Nothing better than ignorant Europeans telling me exactly what America is like when the extent of their knowledge of the country is from watching Breaking Bad and the Wire. It honestly shocked me how loving ignorant most people are about other countries when these same Europeans love to give the impression that they are knowledgeable about other cultures and totally not xenophobic or dumbasses.

E: And I know people are ignorant dumbasses everywhere, nothing special about Europe in that regard.

Dude who cares

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
LOL at Americans who get upset when Europeans ask about our gun culture. Of all the negative American stereotypes--fat, dumb, racist--gun crime is easily the least offensive

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

also the most accurate (besides fat)

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

Klyith posted:

This is what school shooters in the US need to learn. They always empty a clip or two, then some hero charges them while they're reloading and that's the end of it.

That's why in Cali you can only have clips that hold two bullets.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Ramc posted:

S-stop quoting that!

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
RIP Eric and Dylan

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

LOL at Americans who get upset when Europeans ask about our gun culture. Of all the negative American stereotypes--fat, dumb, racist--gun crime is easily the least offensive

I didn't say I was upset. I said I get asked it constantly, which is annoying as gently caress. When you are out at the bars as an English speaker in a town where everyone who hears you speak English immediately comes up to you and asks "dwere are ju frahm" and half of those people say "ohhh how many guns ju ju half" the poo poo gets really old really quickly. Like I don't want to answer the same questions over and over, I want to pound this rum and coke and not have your drunk Spanish rear end touching on me and asking me questions that are dumb and annoying.

Obligatory Handle fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 21, 2015

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
It just so happens that the gun question is the most common.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

nooooo only america is racist. europe is above such scummery. they have learned from world war ii!

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Parallax Scroll posted:

how many crossbows do i get

no, you only have your fists, teeth and prehensile claws

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The difference is that this kid was mentally ill, in the US you're considered mentally ill if you don't try to shoot up your school.

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012

I didn't say I was upset. I said I get asked it constantly, which is annoying as gently caress. When you are out at the bars as an English speaker in a town where everyone who hears you speak English immediately comes up to you and asks "dwere are ju frahm" and half of those people say "ohhh how many guns ju ju half" the poo poo gets really old really quickly. Like I don't want to answer the same questions over and over, I want to pound this rum and coke and not have your drunk Spanish rear end touching on me and asking me questions that are dumb and annoying.

Well, why don't you tell them?

The wonderful thing about spain is that unlike in anglosaxon countries expressing your thoughts honestly is not seen as an horrendous crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

a crossbow huh? the only common element is that he was mentally ill-- so why dont you back off of my guns obama okay

• Locked thread