Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

can the rangers start refusing penalties? pp is hopeless, even strength is deadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

johnfw50 posted:

I haven't watched the Pens in a while. Did they finally bench Craig Adams??? It seems like the fellating usually reserved for him is going to LaPierre.
Aw gently caress

yeah he hasn't seen ice

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

VJeff posted:

Rangers sure are getting the breaks right now.

I mean that was a bit of intention and a bit of luck...good luck that it bounced back right in front and good luck that Kreider whacked it out of hte air but Staal shot that wide on purpose to create something

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens look so bad tonight. The defense is playing as bad as it should be

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
this game sucks

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Karnegal posted:

Well that's gonna be game, hosed in the rear end by non-call again

Also hosed in the rear end by their own terrible players and terrible system, but yeah gently caress the non-calls!

Vertical Lime posted:

the most dangerous lead?

god i hope not

This game's over, don't feel bad about breaking out the celebratory booze early

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Like i wouldn't be as upset with all of the soft calls on the pens if they were even somewhat even. That's a blatant hook in front of a referee on a shorthanded chance and it went uncalled and led to a turnover and a goal against.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
where is toxicsunset

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Levitate posted:

I mean that was a bit of intention and a bit of luck...good luck that it bounced back right in front and good luck that Kreider whacked it out of hte air but Staal shot that wide on purpose to create something

I would also consider that non-call a pretty big break.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's funny when the Penglings lose

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Ginette Reno posted:

Man Lapierre got hooked on both of those shorthanded rushes and no call. That's pretty dumb imo

I'd like to see a replay before I see final judgement. Didn't see a hook on the first one but could see something on the second. Refs haven't been calling stick fouls this game though, just crosschecking apparently

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It's really not and you guys saying the game is over should stop posting.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Eric the Mauve posted:

This game's over, don't feel bad about breaking out the celebratory booze early

How is that different from the normal booze?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Pens look so bad tonight. The defense is playing as bad as it should be

Seriously, every bit of sustained pressure - it's motherfuckin' #4.
I like to think I'm not usually a reactionary individual, but Scuderi is atrocious. Literally one of the worst players I've ever seen. We need to bench him immediately.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Isles or Washington are going to massacre the Rangers next round. The AHL Pens are giving them a run for their money in this series and they have all the calls going their way.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Max loving Lapierre was not going to score or do anything that could possibly result in a Penguins goal

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Levitate posted:

I'd like to see a replay before I see final judgement. Didn't see a hook on the first one but could see something on the second. Refs haven't been calling stick fouls this game though, just crosschecking apparently

Root put the replay up, he had his stick in Lapierre's armpit.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Levitate posted:

Dude his loving stick was under BOTH OF HIS loving ARMS on the second one and VISIBLY INTERRUPTED HIS SKATING. It's not even loving CLOSE to not a hook.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Karnegal posted:

Isles or Washington are going to massacre the Rangers next round. The AHL Pens are giving them a run for their money in this series and they have all the calls going their way.

They lost one weird game and are going to win the series in 5. They're fine. Hockey features a lot of random bounces and poo poo and winning four straight games against anyone is pretty hard

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

VJeff posted:

I would also consider that non-call a pretty big break.

MSG didn't do a replay on it so I can't say anything

Hornqvist just hooked and took down Hagelin though so eh, refs are letting that go

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They should just eliminate penalties. They seem to think the game is better without them, might as well take it to its logical conclusion.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
well might as well goon it up we can't play at all with the rangers 5 on 5 this game maybe we can try 4 on 4

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Holy poo poo Pierre sounds concussed.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Look Around You posted:

Dude his loving stick was under BOTH OF HIS loving ARMS on the second one and VISIBLY INTERRUPTED HIS SKATING. It's not even loving CLOSE to not a hook.

dude i'm not watchign the same feed as you and don't ahve the benefit of a close up replay in slow motion with commentators telling you what to look for

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Anyone have a good stream link for the wild game?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

All the Swede on Swede violence and it's McD and Kunitz that get the matching minors.

Karnegal posted:

This is the feeling I'm starting to get.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

LmaoTheKid posted:

It's really not and you guys saying the game is over should stop posting.

No, it's over.

Pens don't come back.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Nice play by the linesman to stop Malkin's rush there

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Eric the Mauve posted:

They lost one weird game and are going to win the series in 5. They're fine. Hockey features a lot of random bounces and poo poo and winning four straight games against anyone is pretty hard

They got game one off of a non-existent defense. If the refs called poo poo, the'd be up 1 goal against a team that can't generate any offense. The Pens aren't going to take this series, but they look way more in it than they should be.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Get the gently caress up you flopping piece of poo poo.

Edit: That's a loving flop.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.

Levitate posted:

dude i'm not watchign the same feed as you and don't ahve the benefit of a close up replay in slow motion with commentators telling you what to look for

they won't show the replay on the MSG feed for obvious reasons (because it was a missed/non-call that went in the rangers favor)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
henry diving

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

soggybagel posted:

Anyone have a good stream link for the wild game?

http://xn--frstrowsports-39b.eu/hockey

not great quality, but better than nothing.

Also, hockeystreams

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Punch him in the face.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Nice dive Lundy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
King Henry's doing Shakespeare. :lol:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

rex rabidorum vires posted:

hahahaha

Crosby intentionally bumped him in the head and Lundqvist intentionally flopped let's not get crazy

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Bitch move lundqvist

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Edit: That's a loving flop.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Levitate posted:

I mean it was obvious during play, but yeah i know what you mean. It just loving sucks that we're getting hosed by non calls and soft calls

• Locked thread