Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
http://www.people.com/article/beanie-baby-princess-di-yard-sale-ebay

["Ryan and his sister used to collect Beanie Babies," Rogers told the Daily Mail, so he had something of an inkling as to the bear's value. The pair intend on using the windfall they get from the Baby as a deposit on a house. "It's so hard for young people to get on the property ladder, so we think this could really be a blessing," Rogers said. ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
that poo poo is 3 dollars on eBay :cmon:

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
what mouthbreathing retards thought a stuffed animal that was mass produced and low quality would ever be a collector's item?

Where did they imagine all these millionaires interested in paying 50k for a beanie baby were gonna come from?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
when the beanie baby bubble finally collapses, it's gonna put the '08 housing crash to shame, mark my words

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
There was a documentary about a dude who blew it all on the beanie baby bubble and it was legit the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

cool tree bro posted:

what mouthbreathing retards thought a stuffed animal that was mass produced and low quality would ever be a collector's item?

Where did they imagine all these millionaires interested in paying 50k for a beanie baby were gonna come from?

Same as the dumb farts who bought "#1 Issues" of Marvel/DC comics back in the 90s. The 90s were a weird time for that poo poo, but thankfully eBay helped put a final nail in that coffin right quick.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I have two small beanie baby cats.

They have huge eyes and are cute.

Hope this helps you!

:wave:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I bought a knitted poop at the latest convention. I like it. Does this count?

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
some older kids stole my TipToe when I was in kindergarden and stomped it into mud in front of me, then refused to give it back.

the following year some brat stole my Cheezer and rubbed it's face in a kraft single and wrote her name on the tag, which I did get back because I said I would kill her. but that rank cheese smell never came out.

gently caress beanie babies.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

There was a documentary about a dude who blew it all on the beanie baby bubble and it was legit the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

sounds facinating. linkage?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

diabeetz posted:

some older kids stole my TipToe when I was in kindergarden and stomped it into mud in front of me, then refused to give it back.

the following year some brat stole my Cheezer and rubbed it's face in a kraft single and wrote her name on the tag, which I did get back because I said I would kill her. but that rank cheese smell never came out.

gently caress beanie babies.

:(

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA
I'm not even kidding.
I AM READY.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

sounds facinating. linkage?

This maybe, I dunno.

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/life/how-one-family-went-bankrupt-spending-100000-beanie-babies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDsyj5eLmo

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Yep. That's the one.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my grandma has hundreds of these loving things.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

thathonkey posted:

my grandma has like thousands of these loving things.

Everyones' grandma does.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Can't help but notice the smoke detector low battery chirps in the background when mom is talking.

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 21, 2015

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

I love this image.

If aliens had a textbook about Earth and humans I would hope it included this image.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have every variant of Claremont/Jim Lees X Men #1, I hope to some day turn it into $10 or so when the market re emerges; hopefully can get a foot long sub out of it or something.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
http://now.snopes.com/2015/04/19/beanie-baby/

c'mon now

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i had a bunch as a kid, incl some of the knock off brands. i didn't care.

years later i bought one that was a scarab, cause i like how they ate peoples' faces in the mummy.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

I have two small beanie baby cats.

They have huge eyes and are cute.

Hope this helps you!

:wave:

in my dreams ur cats eat u as u lie there under the spell of sleep paralysis, there u r feeling their tongues all rought licking ur eyeballs before they bite into them and u feel them burst like you are climbing a mountain and ur ears go pop but tis like a gunshot, as u lie there, frozen at the mercy of beanie baby cats

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I had one of those Princess Di bears, but it was the regular one and not the one that was worth tons of cash.

I think the only ones that are worth anything now are the original dinosaur trio, which I never owned and a select handful of other ones.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 21, 2015

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Orkin Mang posted:

in my dreams ur cats eat u as u lie there under the spell of sleep paralysis, there u r feeling their tongues all rought licking ur eyeballs before they bite into them and u feel them burst like you are climbing a mountain and ur ears go pop but tis like a gunshot, as u lie there, frozen at the mercy of beanie baby cats

*farts*

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

in 2000 years archaeologists will assume that beanie babies and teletubbies and poo poo were religious idols

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gggiiimmmppp posted:

in 2000 years archaeologists will assume that beanie babies and teletubbies and poo poo were religious idols

ur av rules

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
As a purveyor of Beanies you should be able to identify many different bugs

what is this?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/06/divorced-couple-goes-to-court-over-beanie-babies_n_6631598.html

quote:

Nov 5, 1999, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA: Attorney Frank Totti looks over papers while his client Frances Mountain sorts out Beanie Babies with her ex-husband Harold Mountain in Judge Gerald Hardcastle's Family Courtroom in Las Vegas November 5. The couple, who were divorced four months ago, were ordered to divide up the collection valued at $2,500 to $5000 but were unable to do so by themselves. The collection was ordered spread on the court floor and divided up one by one under the supervision of Family Court Judge Hardcastle.
Maple the Bear was the first to go.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
My then girlfriend was hella into them and it turned into a bottomless pit since they had new ones all the loving time. And the rare bears poo poo was ridiculous..Hallmark was literally scalping beanie babies for $40

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Flo Cytometer posted:

As a purveyor of Beanies you should be able to identify many different bugs

what is this?

Dust mite.

:mmmsmug:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Judge Hardcastle

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

This is sad. How the gently caress does someone do this?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sometimes I think to myself, "I spend too much money on dumb poo poo." Then I see a documentary about a middle aged man who blew all his money on tiny stuffed animals, and realize I'm actually doing alright.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

TheJoker138 posted:

Sometimes I think to myself, "I spend too much money on dumb poo poo." Then I see a documentary about a middle aged man who blew all his money on tiny stuffed animals, and realize I'm actually doing alright.

Gamer, or PC gamer?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SkyEnzo posted:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SkyEnzo posted:

people are loving crazy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Flo Cytometer posted:

Gamer, or PC gamer?

Film maker/enthusiast. So I get to spend money on both media AND poo poo to make media that will in turn never actually make me any money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

TheJoker138 posted:

Film maker/enthusiast. So I get to spend money on both media AND poo poo to make media that will in turn never actually make me any money!

So, you work (for free) for Troma, or Full Moon?

• Locked thread