Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

This is the best description of RAW:

__________________________________________________________________________________
RAW REBOUND

Raw opened with Randy Orton saying that he would kick Seth Rollins rear end even without the RKO because he rules and Seth Rollins is a dork

Seth came out and said that he is totally not a dork and would instead be the one doing the rear end kicking.

Dean and Luke Harper had a "match" that ended in Luke trowing Dean off the stage, Dean just did a combat roll to avoid contact and then Luke Harper forgot he left his Iron on and ran away.

They will have a Chicago Street Fight at Extreme Rules meaning that they will both wear jeans making it totally different from all their other matches.

Fandango beat Axlemania by doing that awesome leg drop that will one day compress his spine.

Brie had a match with Naomi. The best thing about it was that .gif Naomi is bad now so it looks like the Bellas have become faces by default. #1 contender Paige is dead so some other diva will have to step up.

Daniel Bryan did not appear because he with Leslie Nielson searching for the real Undertaker, also his match with Barrett for the Int. Title may not happen because or "medical issues"

Zack Ryder was destroyed by Road Warrior Sheamus and it was hilarious it was just like the last time they had a match on RAW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtP4bbql1BA

Heath Slater explained to Rowan in catering that he was going to beat John Cena and win the US Title in tonight's open challenge, instead he got RKO'd by Orton through a table, we never got to find out what kind of salad dressing Rowan likes.

John Cena's open challenge for the US Championship was answered by Kane, Cena sold having to fight Kane like it was a death sentence which was kinda cool. Cena won a decent match with the AA.

Throughout the night Kane & Seth Rollins continuously argued. Seth said Kane needed some Depends and Kane gave a cool promo where he got fired up and laid some truth on Seth, it's totally worth finding to watch.

The Miz & Mizdow had the match with the stipulation we had all been wanting: the winner got the rights to The Miz personality and brand. It was a short match with some cool spots that ended when Summer Rae turned on Mizdow raked his eyes and left him to get pinned by The Miz after the match Randy Orton RKO'd Miz.

Dolph and Seth had a cool match that Seth won after Sheamus distracted Dolph. Seth won with what appeared to be Dean's old finisher lending more fuel to the dirtsheetz fire that the curb stomp is banned if this is true it sucks bad.

After the match Seth got stuck in a lowered steel cage with Orton. Orton gave him a super elevated RKO off the cage while Seth tried to climb the cage walls it ruled.

All in all RAW was probably a 6/10: It was just above average with a few things that made it worth watching especially if you like RKO's. Still if you missed it who really cares.

Pariah Rex fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
if they really banned the curbstomp as a finisher im real mad about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Coulda been the cool shop or another fun gif but nope it's the animated gif of the person not moving

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm still mad about Mizdow losing

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm really glad that the blowoff to a months-long Miz/Mizdow feud happened on Raw and ended with Randy Orton standing tall

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
One of the worst RAWs in recent memory, as there was almost no Big Show presence. Get it together you morons. At least Roman Reigns found a way to make his gear look even lamer, bravo. He was also barely on the show and is firmly on the path to complete irrelevancy, as he should be. If WWE is smart he'll lose in 10 seconds to a knock-out punch at the PPV so he can make the World's Largest Athlete look even stronger.

Also glad they buried that loser Damien Mizdow as well. I hate for months-long angles with hot babyfaces to have satisfying conclusions. I much prefer them to drag it out to the point that the babyface is no longer over at all and then end it like a wet fart, which is just what happened here. My only criticism is that they didn't go far enough, people could conceivably still care about Mizdow. They should have had Miz and Summer spit on him in the middle of the ring and then skull-crushing finale him onto a tray of dog poop. Then they could have had JBL say something cool to bury him like "Now Sandow smells just like he wrestles!"

All these stupid wrestlers that the crowd likes deserve jack poo poo. Kane is the future and I'm glad WWE is booking their entire show around this hot young babyface. I think the only way RAW can get better is to have Kane in 95% of segments instead of just 75%. Just my opinion though, the people booking this show are obviously geniuses and shouldn't be questioned. If they could find a way to book the entire company around Kane and Big Show, they might just be able to turn this ship around.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
daniel bryan is dead
the curbstomp is banned
extreme rules features big show vs reigns and is rumored to not be the blow-off for that feud
summer rae is getting a heel push
kane was featured in multiple segments in this week's raw

this is some end-times poo poo we got here

did Neville even have a match this week? I didn't watch, sounds like the only stuff I missed was some fun Randy Orton segments and an actually good New Day match (?!)

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

I'm really glad that the blowoff to a months-long Miz/Mizdow feud happened on Raw and ended with Randy Orton standing tall

I'M THE MIZ AND I'M AWE-fwump

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
this was the go home show to a ppv or whatever they're calling them these days

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
ME
WANT
SLATER
MATCH

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
A power outtage made me sit in the dark for nearly the whole show.

Seems like I was the lucky one.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I missed the last hour. When you guys say things like "the curbstomp is banned," do you mean for the Orton match or permanently?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

NickRoweFillea posted:

this was the go home show to a ppv or whatever they're calling them these days

All planned to make a hostile chicago crowd as apathetic as possible.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Needs More Ditka posted:

I missed the last hour. When you guys say things like "the curbstomp is banned," do you mean for the Orton match or permanently?

For realsies, non-kayfabe banned

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Extreme Rules will probably have good matches but if they banned the curb stomp I am pissed the gently caress off. Don't get me wrong, it's understandable if it's due to the concussion lawsuit but gently caress THAT. It looks bad, but it's probably safer than a lot of non-banned finishers because so much of it is on the sell.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Needs More Ditka posted:

There was a rumor that was happening and then in the Ziggler match he beat him with a ddt after a buckle bomb with no explanation as to why he wasn't stomping on his head.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
i hope they ban other head damaging moves like the ddt, the superman punch, and the punch

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Extreme Rules will probably have good matches but if they banned the curb stomp I am pissed the gently caress off. Don't get me wrong, it's understandable if it's due to the concussion lawsuit but gently caress THAT. It looks bad, but it's probably safer than a lot of non-banned finishers because so much of it is on the sell.

The sell is a dude smashing his face on the ground tho

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

no punts or rkos from orton, no curbstomps from rollins

this is dumb

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Yuriy posted:

For realsies, non-kayfabe banned

Oh for poo poo's sake does Vince think he's legitimately walking on people's heads or something? This is why we don't have nice things.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Needs More Ditka posted:

The dumbest thing WrestleZone ever said was gonna happen is going to be the one thing they were right about happening

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
All kinds of crap today.

Only highlights for me was Randy Ortons RKOs out of no where and him stalking Seth. Runner up goes to Heath Slaters segment, and New Day vs Lucha Dragons. Everything else was hot garbage.

Also HHH's Tough Enough announcement was so bad, I now have no interest in it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

on the bright side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAN_O9xRkf4

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

The dumbest thing WrestleZone ever said was gonna happen is going to be the one thing they were right about happening

I'm pretty sure the Stephanie nudes are coming out any day now.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Needs More Ditka posted:

Oh for poo poo's sake does Vince think he's legitimately walking on people's heads or something? This is why we don't have nice things.

no one knows for sure but its just sad

im looking forward to whatever indie starts doing matches composed of nothing but punts, curbstomps, piledrivers and brainbusters

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Needs More Ditka posted:

Wrestlezone, which is often a questionable source but seems right on this one reported that it was banned earlier today. WZ claims that WWE feels it's too high of an injury risk (despite never injuring anyone afaik) and rovert said on twitter that he thinks it could be related to the concussion lawsuits.

Yuriy posted:

im looking forward to whatever indie starts doing matches composed of nothing but punts, curbstomps, piledrivers and brainbusters

Hell Super Dragon's basically retired, wouldn't shock me if the Bucks started doing it just like they now occasionally do the package piledriver now that Steen's signed.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yuriy posted:

this is dumb

Both of them are very good in a way that transcends their move sets

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

abraham linksys posted:

summer rae is getting a heel push
lol, this reminds me:

Active face divas roster:
Emma (heel on nxt)

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Yuriy posted:

i'm honestly surprised Chikara doesn't have an annual event dedicated to this

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I hope the Chicago crowd at the PPV doesn't react to anything and just sings Chelsea Dagger the entire night.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Blasmeister posted:

lol, this reminds me:

Active face divas roster:
Emma (heel on nxt)

Paige is a face though? It's been her versus literally everyone else for a while now

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

what happened to paige is she a farm too

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

ban the "she calls that the rear view" because flying butts cause concussions

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What finishers can a wrestler do now if the Curbstomp is now banned? The Bearhug?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CubsWoo posted:

All planned to make a hostile chicago crowd as apathetic as possible.

It's going to be hilarious how hostile that crowd will be, an entire night of Cena & Reigns boos along with Punk/AJ/Bryan chants during every segment they're bored.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm especially salty because the plaintiffs in the lawsuit, unless my memory is majorly faulty, were not only not in WWE long, they haven't been in a long time. It'd be one thing if Punk was bringing the suit or something, but three random jobbers? gently caress that, especially if they've wrestled on the indies since.

I really don't want to victim-blame in a concussion thing but drat it people found a way to make me do it and that makes me mad too. :mad:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TV Zombie posted:

What finishers can a wrestler do now if the Curbstomp is now banned? The Bearhug?

The Overdrive

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zyla posted:

what happened to paige is she a farm too

Filming so she got sidelined by Naomi with "internal bleeding"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yuriy posted:

this is dumb

plus it's a wwe cage match with the exit through doors rule. i was actually kind of excited for an orton/rollins but wwe really knows how to kill enjoyment

• Locked thread