Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
Do you think there's such a thing as a Jewish race? I know this is a controversial topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Obdicut posted:

All races are fictitious constructs, it has no actual definable meaning.

Now let's watch as the thread inevitable descends into an I/P shitshow.

I'm not denying that, just asking the OP's opinion.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Heimish Yid posted:

No. I’m new here. I don’t think you’ll come across many Satmars on this forum, if at all.

I came across this forum by Googling something else, and I saw a thread about Judaism. Of course, I started reading and found an incorrect detail. As a good Jew, I couldn’t hold back but voice my opinion. I’m still debating if I should stay and answer questions about Satmar or even open an Ask Me About Satmar thread. I understand that people will find information about a closed community as Satmar interesting, but being on a forum like this one isn’t something that’s viewed favorably in the community – to say the least. It’s kinda risky business for me.

Why would your community have problems with you posting here?

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
Have there been any notable Jewish terrorist organizations besides the Israeli state throughout history?

Heimish Yid posted:

For starters, we’re not allowed to use the Internet for anything other than business. Not everyone obeys that rule, but a forum with adult language is a big no-no. Moreover, an insular community doesn’t like when their members comingle with outsiders or read too much “outside” information, lest they get some “other” ideas. Talking to gentiles is another problem. And above all, divulging information to outsiders might be considered Mesirah – a huge sin!

Wow. I appreciate you risking your hide just to share with us information about your community and Judaism on the whole!

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
What is the opinion of most Jews on Israel?

In my experience - at least stateside - most Christians will defend Israel, no matter what they do.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Obdicut posted:

Hold on, let me ask most Jews.

There must be polls on the topic.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Obdicut posted:

Then go find them. There's no reason any random Jew would know the results of those polls.

I am also perfectly comfortable with anecdotes and personal opinions.

The question was poorly phrased, but it didn't hinder your understanding or make the question unanswerable. Relax, guy.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
Sorry guys, didn't know Israel was off limits.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
What do you think of the Madagascar Plan, OP? Would it have been a preferable alternative to the Holocaust?

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

TyroneGoldstein posted:

What kind of question is that?

What do you think the SS would have done with the Malagasy people that were already...you know...living on the island considering it was their homeland?

So I think a better way to phrase the question would be: "Would the extermination of several million other people be worth it to avoid the holocaust?"

lovely question.

Get lost.

The real question is - could the island of Madagascar feasibly sustain six million Jews?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

PT6A posted:

According to Wikipedia, the current population of Madagascar is over 22 million, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say "yes."

You're not getting the implied joke, and that makes me sad.

• Locked thread