Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Last Buffalo posted:

I don't think Sephardim ever suffered discrimination from other Jews in America. If anything it was the other way around. From what I know, the first communities in America were Sephardim. A lot of them came to America and Israel after the 1960s when most of the Muslim world's Jewish communists were no longer welcome.

As a Sephardim and one on the more brown desert-people side of things, I can assure you this is categorically false when it comes to the Ashkenazim.

Like, my father, an Ashkenazi Jew, had major problems trying to find a Hebrew School that would take me in Suburban New York back in the 1980's which led to me never having my Bar Mitzvah.

TyroneGoldstein fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Noctis Horrendae posted:

What do you think of the Madagascar Plan, OP? Would it have been a preferable alternative to the Holocaust?

What kind of question is that?

What do you think the SS would have done with the Malagasy people that were already...you know...living on the island considering it was their homeland?

So I think a better way to phrase the question would be: "Would the extermination of several million other people be worth it to avoid the holocaust?"

lovely question.

Get lost.

• Locked thread