Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress yes Eurovision time.

Hopefully we see a return to form with many crazy on stage antics and pop songs instead of the last few years of consistant sappy love songs and rather obvious political messages.

E: Obviously if it is crap again I don't know because I haven't watched the clips yet.

Stalins Moustache posted:

This seem like one of the most boring years yet. Nothing will ever top Cezar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV3xp5ZXSYA

Atleast it's yet another reason to get really, really drunk.

Also gently caress yeah Cezar was awesome, although Finland was pretty enjoyable that year too. Alcohol Is Free was the best of the year and should have won IMO :colbert:

E2: Man in general 2013 had more then a handful of good ones. Where has my jaded view of "these last few years" come from I wonder?

E3: Also super happy Valentina Monetta is finally gone. I was starting to think San Marino's tiny population could only sustain one entrant.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

zedprime posted:

The default is jaded after about 2 Eurovisions at which point all you can see is ballads all the way down. Its a psychological defense mechanism to make the good acts more enjoyable by surprise.

This makes a lot of sense.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Velisarius posted:

Eurovision would be more enjoyable if we actually got to experience songs in other languages.

Instead, the European losers are trying ever so hard to be like their Anglo masters. :a2m:

Except the French.

As my mate keeps saying it would be great if they won because then the next year the contest would be passive-aggressively hosted in French only, unlike the consistent English every other nation does.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
You know what was great?

That song from the hosts last year.
Weird Scandinavian Ewan McGregor and his China-boner was the best song last year and totally should have been an entry.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ms Boods posted:

The UK's 2007 entry had me asking Mr Boods (who is British) 'What is it with you guys and Malta anyway?'

IIRC The Brits and the Maltese have a rather bro-y relationship since the second world war. Malta was under siege for 2 years from Axis forces and held out the entire time. The entire country was awarded the George Cross by the King and it is now even part of their flag.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Operation: Aussie Drop

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

luncheon meat posted:

Have any other Australians apologies for Guy Sebastian yet? If not, I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. We tried to get TISM

We should have just entered AC/DC but they would have been cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

gret posted:

Moustache was the moral winner of Eurovision 2014.

Kurtofan posted:

I can't believe our songs got more points than Moustache

At last, people who see the truth of 2014.

• Locked thread