Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.H

August is the Cruelest Month
my smartphone up and died on me today and it will take me at least until next week to get it fixed.
meanwhile, I just moved into a new apartment yesterday and there are problems with the internet connection. namely, I have no access to it (yet)

so, as of today, I'm living as I did prior to '99, minus a landline (well, apart from having internet at work).

any ideas on how I should spend my days, other than hanging out so much with my friends (so I can use their internet) that they get sick of me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Rent RoboCop and play with a synthesizer?

H.H

that's actually not a bad idea, but renting movies would require a brick and mortar rental place, and, well, you know...

only thing I can think of is combining one the movies I already have on my laptop and haven't seen yet with copious amounts of booze until every last piece of media I have stored offline is enjoyable to me. plus, I can't drunktext stuff i'll regret in the morning!

Dr Cheeto
Okay for real if you dont own a copy of robocop maybe you should use this time to reflect on your life choices

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Pro tip: use a red box.

----------------

H.H

cheeto, you have a point. i'll remedy this a soon as I get my connection back.

drilldo, unfortunately I live in the barbaric lands of the levant, where there are no such things, and even dvd vending machines have largely disappeared.

drilldo squirt

You have a stoop? Hang out on it and people watch while dressed in plad.

----------------

H.H

drilldo squirt posted:

You have a stoop? Hang out on it and people watch while dressed in plad.

I do have a stoop, but I live on a one-way, eight house street. so that'll be about 10 people i'll watch.

but I just had an alarming thought: I live a short walk from a pizza place, a mcdonalds and a Shawarma. If I decide to hang out in those places instead of doing anything productive during my leisure time, I'll end up gaining 15 lbs until I can get my phone and precious internet back .

treasure bear

living in the one good decade was a privilege

H.H

spoken like a true 30-something fetishizing the 90s in a vain attempt to recreate the only time of true happiness in their mind.

that is to say, I get what you're saying. I bet I can find my scratched cd of nevermind at my mom's place and blast it at full volume while studying for my history exam and thinking that highschool is, like, totally bogus.

Dr Cheeto
Right on, dude

Dr Cheeto
Get some gogurt too

H.H

what's gogurt?

drilldo squirt

Flavored yogurt in a platic tube.

----------------

Dr Cheeto

H.H posted:

what's gogurt?

Yogurt sold in a plastic tube and advertised in the most 90s way this side of Capri Sun

drilldo squirt

It's good.

----------------

H.H

GISed it. looks 90s as heck.

H.H

ok, i'm done with work and going home.

will report back tomorrow on my technology-free experiences.

fuck. marry. t-rex

H.H posted:

cheeto, you have a point. i'll remedy this a soon as I get my connection back.

drilldo, unfortunately I live in the barbaric lands of the levant, where there are no such things, and even dvd vending machines have largely disappeared.

Idk what this means but read a book

fuck. marry. t-rex

Go outside.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Cook and eat food.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Sleep.

fuck. marry. t-rex

It's not like you spent 9 hrs a day on the Internet at home and now have an unfillable hole in your life, right?

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
this same thing happened to me recently...mostly i listened to podcasts i downloaded at work and played 3ds, but i had told myself i was going to read.

Cyber Dog

:( you normally work on a computer all day and then go home and log on? thatz the problem :(

Cyber Dog

find something to do on yr front stoop, bring a radio or music player thing and some beer, and chill while doing it. any shirts with buttons u need to replace? books to read? things to write? drawings to draw? furniture to refinish? sticks to carve? say hi to ppl as they walk by and chitchat

Cyber Dog

chilling in this manner is basic life skills, dont get the internet back until you have mastered it

Cyber Dog

stoops are the analog 'yob

Dr Cheeto
Check out your local library because every book is an adventure

----------------

Dr Cheeto
Also sometimes you can find RoboCop on DVD and borrow it for free from the library

----------------

morning wood

Dr Cheeto posted:

Get some gogurt too

this. but freeze it before eating

tao of lmao

listen to some compact disc albums

Mapparu

rewatch x files and chill out
(x files wasnt really a 90s show was it)

alnilam

Mapparu posted:

rewatch x files and chill out
(x files wasnt really a 90s show was it)

It was

Mapparu

for some reason im thinking that it was more after the 90s than anything. i know started the 90s.

joke_explainer

If you start working on it now maybe you can stop 9/11

Don We Now

For those of you who don't habla espanola, "El Poptart" is Spanish for.... The Poptart.

The Raphael posted:

listen to some compact disc albums

lol digital... :rolleyes:

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
buy one of those lil Sega Genesis systems that come with a bunch of games packed in and play it on a CRT

Dr Cheeto
listen to some radio dramas

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ron color

Cyber Dog posted:

find something to do on yr front stoop, bring a radio or music player thing and some beer, and chill while doing it. any shirts with buttons u need to replace? books to read? things to write? drawings to draw? furniture to refinish? sticks to carve? say hi to ppl as they walk by and chitchat

yeah

• Locked thread