Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Also, what are your thoughts on the use of animals for food? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
:firstpost:

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
:secondpost:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
everybody on the floor bitch

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
I, personally, think it's okay to use animals in research if it cures people of diseases.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hello?

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

Bwee posted:

I, personally, think it's okay to use animals in research if it cures people of diseases.

Even if the research causes an animal pain?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

imo you should have to kill what you eat and eat what you kill

it's only fair, and would also speed up the process of drug testing in humans potentially saving millions

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
red goes to positive black goes to negative also some animals are p tasty

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
I don't know. I do know that I think that using animals in research solely for the advancement of human knowledge (independent of any possible disease treatment) is OK too.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
like the ops mom using that rogue it gave rabbits cancer but she can wear it just fine because they were cancer rabbits and it helps hide her huge jowls

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

imo you should have to kill what you eat and eat what you kill

it's only fair, and would also speed up the process of drug testing in humans potentially saving millions

do you honestly think you can expect everyone to kill every animal they eat

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

everybody on the floor bitch

am i supposed to dance or are u robbing the place?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bwee posted:

do you honestly think you can expect everyone to kill every animal they eat

if you can't take a cow maybe you should be cutting back on the meat anyway, chunk-style

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
I dunno. I think it's okay to eat meat without being able to, physically, kill a cow

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Bwee posted:

I dunno. I think it's okay to eat meat without being able to, physically, kill a cow

you can't find a goddamn hammer? what good are you as a cook?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
put it in her pooper, op

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I think using animals in research is essential and important and also I think you shouldn't eat meat if you're not at least willing to kill an animal.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

Skinny King Pimp posted:

I think using animals in research is essential and important and also I think you shouldn't eat meat if you're not at least willing to kill an animal.

do you eat meat?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bwee posted:

i think it should be legal to hunt people like you, for sustenance

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Bwee posted:

do you eat meat?

yes and I have no qualms about killing animals or cleaning them

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

Skinny King Pimp posted:

yes and I have no qualms about killing animals or cleaning them

ok that's cool but do you think the average person at mcdonalds should literally have to kill a cow to get their quarter pounder, with cheese

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Bwee posted:

ok that's cool but do you think the average person at mcdonalds should literally have to kill a cow to get their quarter pounder, with cheese

no I said that they should be willing to kill an animal not that they have to actually do it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
truly a fate worse than hitler

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

Skinny King Pimp posted:

no I said that they should be willing to kill an animal not that they have to actually do it.

Why though? I think you can eat meat without necessarily being able to physically kill an animal (even being willing to)

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Yeah I think researching on animals is fine and necessary, but if we can ever figure out how to do that research using a computer and produce the same results we should do that instead! Ditto for eating cloned meat someday I guess, but I am a bit of a hypocrite and won't eat clone meat if it doesn't taste as delicious as dead meat.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Bwee posted:

Why though? I think you can eat meat without necessarily being able to physically kill an animal (even being willing to)

because people need to understand and internalize where their food comes from. that kind of thing is what helps with getting regulations like banning prophylactic antibiotic use or increasing the amount of size required per animal or whatever.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It's wrong, op

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think everyone should be willing to cage a chinese kid and shoot an african one & also piss in me mouth it is my only desire

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bwee posted:

being squeamish about the things that make your lifestyle possible and foisting them off on other people is deeply unhealthy and makes you a monster, OP

if you can't take the heat get out of the meat kitchen

quakster posted:

i think everyone should be willing to cage a chinese kid and shoot an african one & also piss in me mouth it is my only desire

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
better them than me imo

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I don't eat meat from farm animals, but I do sometimes buy deer, rabbit and squirrel meat from the weird hairy pest control guy at the market. Those animals get shot to keep them off the vegetable crops so no matter what I eat they're going to get killed, so I figure I may as well eat them. :shrug: Also there's such strict controls on culling wild animals and on using animals for medical and scientific research in this country that I don't worry about it, and the benefits outweigh the harm, but farming regulations don't focus on the animal's welfare as much as I think they should and it's pretty easy to eat vegetarian food or culled meat instead.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Stottie Kyek posted:

I don't eat meat from farm animals, but I do sometimes buy deer, rabbit and squirrel meat from the weird hairy pest control guy at the market. Those animals get shot to keep them off the vegetable crops so no matter what I eat they're going to get killed, so I figure I may as well eat them. :shrug: Also there's such strict controls on culling wild animals and on using animals for medical and scientific research in this country that I don't worry about it, and the benefits outweigh the harm, but farming regulations don't focus on the animal's welfare as much as I think they should and it's pretty easy to eat vegetarian food or culled meat instead.

that's cool where do you live that they just straight sell cull meat

pretty sure they're required to throw that out here bc someone might eat it raw and get a parasite, which is dumb

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nothin better than grammas roasted rabies roadkill

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

We shouldn't make animals miserable.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

parasites have to eat too and the guy who eats his roadkill medium rare seems like he could contribute that much to society

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
ive been a strict vegetarian for a few years and just got into fishing this month, practicing my shot with a rifle more. the problem with transitioning to naturalism or independent healthy eating or whatever you want to call it is that it's very hard to justify killing a cool animal who's done no wrong after spending a lifetime appreciating them, then once you finally pick a thing and have it in your sights the government gets to make you pay fees and tell you which gun at which hour of day (not kidding) you get to use to eat. it goes beyond balancing the population and just into charging people to eat, also combined with heavily regulating which kind of firearms we can even shoot now

basically yet another example of a government slowly taking away things from a group of people mostly because they don't care enough, but eating food that didn't come out of torture and steroids seems like it probably should have been higher up on our list of poo poo to care about.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
i, too, like shooting fish in a barrel

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Flo Cytometer posted:

i, too, like shooting fish in a barrel
For testing purposes! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam