Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i was talking to a woman who works at a bank and she said there was an argument between two tellers because everytime the lines started to fill up a fat ugly old woman would say 'i can help you over here' and most of the men in line would just ignore her or actually wait for this 20 year old blondes line to open up

the ugly woman then began holding a grudge, doing less work because she had less people in her line every week, and was fired for throwing a pen or some other minor womanly rage thing when she couldnt deal with it one day.

a lot of you might feel bad for those whos sex life is nothing to hear about, and nothing you really want to hear about. but is it possible they actually do less work in retail environments where a good portion of your work is based on how comfortable a customer feels in approaching you and wanting to talk to you? are salaried ugly people in retail getting paid the same to do less work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
:firstpost:
gently caress you

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
:secondpost:
gently caress you again hahaha

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

extra stout posted:

i was talking to a woman who works at a bank and she said there was an argument between two tellers because everytime the lines started to fill up a fat ugly old woman would say 'i can help you over here' and most of the men in line would just ignore her or actually wait for this 20 year old blondes line to open up

the ugly woman then began holding a grudge, doing less work because she had less people in her line every week, and was fired for throwing a pen or some other minor womanly rage thing when she couldnt deal with it one day.

a lot of you might feel bad for those whos sex life is nothing to hear about, and nothing you really want to hear about. but is it possible they actually do less work in retail environments where a good portion of your work is based on how comfortable a customer feels in approaching you and wanting to talk to you? are salaried ugly people in retail getting paid the same to do less work?

ugly people are discriminated against because they are less attractive and this is the way it always has been dont rock the establishment boat you facist

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
im actually really nice to ugly people in real life because it probably made their day :twisted:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
those loving uggos and their cushy retail jobs

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Poetic Justice posted:

im actually really nice to ugly people in real life because it probably made their day :twisted:

if we consider that both parties involved might have a distorted view of themselves it's funny that at least some portion of those people are thinking 'oh great another nerd hitting on me' while you are thinking you should be able to write those minutes off as charity deductions on your taxes

Aug 4, 2010

i can talk to ugly women np, but cute women get me all flustered and i dont know what do say.

so thank you employing ugly people

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
ugly privilege is never having to worry about getting alone time in public

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I live in a region where everyone's ugly, I guess at that point there's a grading curve on looks and 2's become the equivalent of a 8 or something. So sorry OP, can't contribute to this discussion.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

www posted:

i can talk to ugly women np, but cute women get me all flustered and i dont know what do say.

so thank you employing ugly people

Yeah, if I have a choice at the store I always go to the checkout line with the ugly old woman. Attractive people make me uncomfortable because I know they know they're better than me.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Poetic Justice posted:

i do this too, as well as the converse: i am mean to attractive people.

like if i have an ugly waitress, i will give her a huge tip.

if my waitress is hot, i'll leave her literal pocket change.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I look at people treating me nice in a whole new way.
gently caress you and your gay thread, op.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
a lot of mind opening posts and contributions that may change the way i judge ugly people

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, if I have a choice at the store I always go to the checkout line with the ugly old woman. Attractive people make me uncomfortable because I know they know they're better than me.

Nobody who works in a checkout line should give you that kind of pause.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Dis some gay rear end poo poo op.

:nyd:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

i do this too, as well as the converse: i am mean to attractive people.

like if i have an ugly waitress, i will give her a huge tip.

if my waitress is hot, i'll leave her literal pocket change.

What if its a waiter and hes a total cutiepatootie?

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
This seems like stdh or a xojane (also poo poo that didn't happen) post.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The "poo poo that didn't happen" thread is over in PYF, OP.

edit: god dammit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

extra stout posted:

If I worked in retail or a bank, the last thing I want is a customer feeling comfortable approaching me. Less work = good, and people turn into gigantic assholes the moment they become a customer.

Aug 4, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

Dis some gay rear end poo poo op.

:nyd:

people must be really nice to you all the time

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

www posted:

people must be really nice to you all the time

Yeah, usually.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

psyopmonkey posted:

What if its a waiter and hes a total cutiepatootie?

if the waiter is a "bro" - ie all that hypermasculine posturing bullcrap - then i leave him no tip. otherwise, i tip normally. probably extra if i think he is a goon and/or gay.

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Yea, customer service is really about the energy you give off. An attractive younger person optimistic about the future just oozes approachability, while an unattractive person that's bitter about their life will give off gently caress you vibes whether they realize it or not. People make split second decisions from this information, and you can't really fix it unless you change yourself.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
im not hot but im not entirely ugly, at least if I lost weight. but since im no studmuffin no matter what, i feel like i should move to some small town and snag one of the 4 hot girls in town. good plan? tia

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

if the waiter is a "bro" - ie all that hypermasculine posturing bullcrap - then i leave him no tip. otherwise, i tip normally. probably extra if i think he is a goon and/or gay.

that's still hosed up man, people depend on those tips

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

gottabefrank posted:

Yea, customer service is really about the energy you give off. An attractive younger person optimistic about the future just oozes approachability, while an unattractive person that's bitter about their life will give off gently caress you vibes whether they realize it or not. People make split second decisions from this information, and you can't really fix it unless you change yourself.

interesting

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

that's still hosed up man, people depend on those tips

the way i look at it is they get better-than-average tips from everyone else. i'm merely helping to balance the scales.

ie, a hot waitress with average service still probably makes more money in tips than an ugly waitress with great service, which is not fair.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

the way i look at it is they get better-than-average tips from everyone else. i'm merely helping to balance the scales.

ie, a hot waitress with average service still probably makes more money in tips than an ugly waitress with great service, which is not fair.

I dunno man you can't really make that assumption tho

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

you're a real fuckstick, compadre

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

im not hot but im not entirely ugly, at least if I lost weight. but since im no studmuffin no matter what, i feel like i should move to some small town and snag one of the 4 hot girls in town. good plan? tia

It's hard to lose 100 lbs tho

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
im not sure if your two dollars are actually going to tip the scales of society and balance out the wage gaps

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Darth123123 posted:

It's hard to lose 100 lbs tho

no it aint im just eating less plus its just 40 nigga

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I've noticed the opposite usually. Ugly people usually work harder because they can't just glide on their looks. Hot waitresses are almost always idiots and forget and/or gently caress up your order. Meanwhile the grizzled 65 year old gets your crap done right and super fast because they know they have no other option.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Speaking as a dumpy potato man, that's still kinda lovely.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

How often do you get stuck in the booth?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

you have a strange outlook on human nature

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

tomstuart posted:

ugly people are discriminated against because they are less attractive and this is the way it always has been dont rock the establishment boat you facist

problematic

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I refuse to believe
a) anyone would choose to wait upwards of twenty minutes to remain in a bank for longer than they have to, and
b) these customers all had significant funds in their account they were so confident about, they wanted it seen by blonde

also we need unattractive cashiers/servers for those times you're buying embarrassing products or your skin is a little greasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I want my server to give me a thumbs up when I order the $20 nachos and consume it all myself, not look upon me with disgust like the sweaty pig I am.

• Locked thread