Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Yeah I was surprised nobody called out this post:

Although I guess you were all so zeroed in on Taste by that point.

I saw it and would have used it the following day if it was really a Taste/Met scum team. I didn't want to distract away from Taste who became more and more scummy as I talked to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

Nah I made that up, same with road trip and voice to text/"drunk" posting

Go big or go home

I make up being unavailable in games but I think this might be over a line, if a line exists.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Mornacale posted:

Also, your weird obsession with the Taste being left until after King Burgundy and I is an extremely compelling reason for me not to go along with it. Either you are scum with a plan (and possibly buds with Taste who think you can win today) or you're trying to bully town because we wouldn't follow your bad plan yesterday.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

The Met Gambit, vote for players in inverse order of scumminess because it will maximize the chance that you personally survive.

e: Like, of course we would have dunked you when you were outright saying that your vote was based solely on who you thought you could get dunked the following day.

You have it all wrong.

I needed to break you and Morn up because if just one of you was Scum, you would have both turned on me and the town would be in trouble.

Having TT lynch you was a fine idea and would have fixed that. But I really do believe Morn could sell ice to a polar bear. If you and TT were knocked out and the game continued, I have no faith in my ability to convince people over Morn.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Met posted:

You have it all wrong.

I needed to break you and Morn up because if just one of you was Scum, you would have both turned on me and the town would be in trouble.

Having TT lynch you was a fine idea and would have fixed that. But I really do believe Morn could sell ice to a polar bear. If you and TT were knocked out and the game continued, I have no faith in my ability to convince people over Morn.

Aww, thanks Met. :unsmith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

I make up being unavailable in games but I think this might be over a line, if a line exists.

That's what I was half kidding about

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Thanks for running the game. It was very interesting to be vanilla town in a game where most everyone else has a power. I was starting to get really worried that when I eventually had to claim, I was going to get turbo lynched because no one would believe me. At least the cat flipped before me and gave a little bit of credibility, even if it didn't save me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

Aww, thanks Met. :unsmith:

It's the truth. I was pretty certain I could out-argue TT to the others. I wasn't sure I'd be able to convince them over you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Orvin posted:

Thanks for running the game. It was very interesting to be vanilla town in a game where most everyone else has a power. I was starting to get really worried that when I eventually had to claim, I was going to get turbo lynched because no one would believe me. At least the cat flipped before me and gave a little bit of credibility, even if it didn't save me.

I really really wish that Scientastic having to actually make the cat claim in thread had happened. Such a funny claim.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I would have pushed hard to save Scientastic if he'd just claimed Cat.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Tremendous Taste posted:

Viva played annoyingly well for someone who wasn't giving the game her full attention!!!
I only skimmed the 250ish posts that one night that weren't about anything. Tho apparently I missed some funny poo poo??

King Burgundy posted:

Like reading all her docs, I assume it was intentional. Either that or she is really bad at the telephone game. :)
I'm not one of those towns who never lies.

King Burgundy posted:

She also said this to both you and Bird about me:

"and hes totally not suspicious of me at all now"

And I don't know where she got that at all. I was being personable, because that is me, but once we started talking game stuff I even told her flat out she was scum and I was like Cassandra and no one would listen to me. :)

It wasn't until she revealed the cop results that her as town even made sense to me as a possibility.
Yeah, yeah. I understand. You had to do your due diligence and continue to be suspicious to maintain continuity, but I could tell your heart wasn't in it anymore :)

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Mornacale posted:

run puffin mafia

or bird mafia. bird CYOR

e: But someone has to pick puffin or everyone loses

In.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I really really wish that Scientastic having to actually make the cat claim in thread had happened. Such a funny claim.
omg.

I cannot emphasize enough how terrible I felt about both briging a cat and how much I enjoyed the flavor of it.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

And thank you for those who said I did a good job, I really appreciate it. I loved all my mason babbies, even Met.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Apologies for having to step out early. A fine, fine game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

Apologies for having to step out early. A fine, fine game.

:respek:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

VivaNova posted:

And thank you for those who said I did a good job, I really appreciate it. I loved all my mason babbies, even Met.

You're too kind.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

VivaNova posted:

Was fun :/

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Technically I played in this game. A thing like that.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This was a lot of fun, and it was a good game for my first one in a few years. Thanks for running it Asiina, especially for giving me my favourite town role!

Well done town!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Super fun game, super fun role. Thanks Asiina!

Bring a third party with essentially free reign to troll the game was pretty great. Usually I find games of Mafia very stressful so this was a nice change of pace. I mentioned this in the masonry with viva but I actually feel a little bit bad about being picked for Q - while it was fun and I managed to win I feel like another more experienced player could have done SO much more with the roles and tasks. I ended up basically picking three 'easy' tasks based around post restrictions, but I would have loved to see someone else pull off the 'get voted for by half the remaining players' or 'eat three night actions' challenges.

Shoutout to viva for basically carrying me through the 'case a dead player' task and being a chill mason buddy

My full list of choices for those curious, picking one per day:

- case a dead player and get at least 1 vote - completed
- imitate another players posting style - tried to copy taste but was so busy I barely had time to post, failed
- eat three night actions or one day action
- be voted for by at least half the remaining players (vote doesn't have to be on me by the end of the day)
- smiley in every post, having to add one every time someone notices up to a max of 20 - completed
- go through the whole alphabet with the initials of my post, if anyone called me out I had to start again - completed
- make your own task - I chose to post only in Q quotes for a day, if anyone noticed I failed - completed thanks to a really short day

Thanks for the game, I'll definitely play in the next one!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was so sad that right at the beginning of D2 someone mentioned the smilies, since I think if it had happened at all in D1 then it would have gotten out of hand very quickly.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My only problem with this game, and it's a problem that often occurs with power heavy games, was that it became about night actions and gaming rather than good old fashioned scum hunting. Like questioning people's motivations etc.

That's the good stuff, the reason I like mafia. Inasmuch as I was completely wrong in every case I made, the analysis is the most interesting part...

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Scientastic posted:

My only problem with this game, and it's a problem that often occurs with power heavy games, was that it became about night actions and gaming rather than good old fashioned scum hunting. Like questioning people's motivations etc.

That's the good stuff, the reason I like mafia. Inasmuch as I was completely wrong in every case I made, the analysis is the most interesting part...

It also doesn't help when the entire scum team is lurking, which is part of why lurking is a breaking strategy for mafia.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey, I wasn't lurking.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Thanks for all the well wishes and the PMs people sent me when I had to replace out for my family episode. It took about a week to get everything closed up but it was very nice to be able to step away from the game without worrying about it. Thanks Asiina for modding/finding a replacement for me <3

(and ty merk for stepping in for my crappy d1 posting)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

It also doesn't help when the entire scum team is lurking, which is part of why lurking is a breaking strategy for mafia.

Lynch all lurkers.

Besides, Lurkers should be catching the investigative abilities on them.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

merk posted:

Hey, I wasn't lurking.

you didn't have a single post itt after day 3! :v:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Sorry for vanishing at the end. I was without internet Friday/Saturday and Sunday and came back to the game being over.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I apologize for not putting more effort into this game at various points. When I'm on a scum team and there isn't collaboration, the fun kind of dies out cause then I'm just faking participation rather than playing a different agenda.

TT, I can't be too mad given how far you managed to run with this for us, but please consider at least doing a little bit of strategizing with your team before you're going to hard claim a result like you did on Somber.

That said, Asiina, I do try to write flavor in advance and if you wanted a co-mod for flavor writing on some media I could help with, I'd be glad to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
KFC I want to be scum with you sometime, I think we are similar in that we want to be chatty in scumdoc.

• Locked thread