Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
lmao why would you claim lover day 1

of all the things to claim that truely is the worst one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

HiipFire posted:

lmao why would you claim lover day 1

of all the things to claim that truely is the worst one

Because I don't give a gently caress. I was asked, I gave it.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Byers2142 posted:

Because I don't give a gently caress. I was asked, I gave it.

anti-town play if I ever saw one

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
should probably vote you

##vote Byers

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

HiipFire posted:

nominate me you dick

Ok

##nominate HiipFire

I can't turn you into a ferengi though :witch:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
appreciate it friend

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Geez, good morning page 5!

Scientastic posted:

Like riding a bicycle.
Would you vote me on a bike would you vote me sitting on spikes?

Byers2142 posted:

No. I refuse to accept that a minority of the game telling me that they're not going to play Mafia, they're going to let their special snowflake character do whatever he wants invalidates the fact that removing what looks like a 3P that is not acting from a town mentality is the right move.

This is my hill to die on; we're playing a game, not crafting fanfic. So play the game.
1) Q may not be a third party - as several people have pointed out while he is fairly antagonistic he saves the Enterprise and her crew several times.
2) Why would anyone full-claim day 1? That's just dumb.
3) If this is a flavor lynch consider that Q is immortal and probably lynch-proof/kill-proof - doubly likely as it seems Q will factor into Asiina's events (which are very very loving cool.)
Basically I'm not happy with how you're railing against the confirmed flavor and only trying to defend it by saying that you're "the only one playing mafia." It's bad play sir.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Wrong.

I think that scum would be the happiest to latch onto the easiest possible case of "let's go after the 3P," no casemaking required! Especially if they had reason to believe it would just waste the town's time while keeping him around.

I guess you could say that Pushing for a lynch on Q gives scum
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
The Best of Both Worlds.
Just wanted to point out this post is hilarious and awesome.

Somberbrero posted:

i sincerely do not care for people using RNG like this, it's such an easy way to avoid culpability
I agree - trying to RNG gives you an out (in point of fact Byers agrees with this point later.)

Orvin posted:

##vote Byers2142

Others have pointed out that the mod says flavor and alignment are linked. The flavor of Q means he is very likely unkillable. So not only are you tunneling on a 3rd party, the town is doubly not going to get much information when Axe Cop isn't killed. This seems like an ideal play for scum.
This is what I think as well. Basically I can tell from my own flavor/role that flavor is probably actually tied to role in this game - so making a flavor case against a player isn't the worst thing. But by this same logic I would assume that Q is unkillable and not necessarily anti-town. It could very much be that he is town!

As for the Red Alert event I'm not sure who to send. I'll gladly go if people think it's dangerous but right now I'm gonna help send HiipFire because I want to ensure we don't miss out on the event - I feel the events will be beneficial and we want them to work out.
##nominate Hiipfire

That said if you gently caress up HiipFire we're gonna lynch you ....
##Vote: HiipFire

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

we are not dunking the claimed lover either :mad:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Replace me out, Asiina. I should have stuck to my guns when I initially told you no. Sorry.

I hope AXE COP wins and you all die horribly because of it.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
:vince:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I was gonna yell at you for voting me, but then I noticed you nominating me :D

Byers2142 posted:

Replace me out, Asiina. I should have stuck to my guns when I initially told you no. Sorry.

for the record I'm still gonna vote your replacement so ye

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

for the record I'm still gonna vote your replacement so ye

Byers2142 posted:

Good luck, AC, give them hell.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I would be ok with Axe Cop winning

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

AXE COP posted:

Ok

##nominate HiipFire

I can't turn you into a ferengi though :witch:

What about me? I'm cuter and more intelligent than he is.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amnistar posted:

What about me? I'm cuter and more intelligent than he is.

so is everyone, get in line, bub

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
oh HELL NO

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also you should vote me because I am an innocent child genius.

I am awesome at this poo poo.

On the axe cop issue:
Is he town? Probably not.
Is he anti town? No idea.
Do I think we can successfully lynch him day 1? No, otherwise has identity wouldn't have been made known to us day 1.

I think the discussion on his lynch has nothing to be gained from an alignment perspective however because I can see someone taking the opposite view.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It's time for a Platonic Dialogue!

Ion: I hypothesise that the best way for scum to win is to remain hidden
Socrates: And how do they achieve this?
Ion: By preventing the town from scum-hunting
Socrates: And the best way to prevent scum-hunting is?
Ion: Directing conversation in such a way as to make everyone fixate on one subject

Byers2142 posted:

AXE COP, what's your role here? Your wincon? You got called out special, I'd like to know what we can expect from you.

Byers2142 posted:

I'd like to hear from him, about his purpose. AXE COP, answer or I try to drive a lynch on you today.

Byers2142 posted:

I don't know anything about Q except he's a prick, and I don't really care what his flavor is. It's a simple question for AXE COP to answer, and if he won't I'm assuming malicious intent.

Socrates: But this seems a rather obvious ploy. Why would the town not spot this behaviour and realise that it is insidious in nature?
Ion: Because it is couched in self-praise and language that promotes the view that it is not scum behaviour, but the opposite!

Byers2142 posted:

I'm saying AC is Q and isn't working with us which suggests an anti-town mentality.
I think scum would wan to keep an openly revealed 3P in the game for confusion and cover down the road

Byers2142 posted:

From a game perspective, why would you not even entertain the thought of a vote on AXE COP in that situation.

Byers2142 posted:

He's a special wacky role and he's acting in an anti-town manner, and you want to, what, rando-lynch D1 and let him live?

Socrates: Ah, so by implying that his is the only correct town behaviour, he suggests that any player who disagrees is scum!
Ion: Precisely. And not simply implying, he states that those who disagree with him are scum.

Byers2142 posted:

One of KFC or f_v is likely scum, and if AXE COP keeps on with this I'm going to vote him in about 12 hours.

Socrates: I am unconvinced. All you've shown me is behaviour that is misguided town in nature, rather than scummy.
Ion: You're scum for disagreeing with me, Socrates! No, seriously, there is more. When a town player is called out, they tend to re-evaluate themselves (especially if they are any good) and wonder whether the majority might have a point. Even if they end up sticking to their guns, some degree of introspection is usually apparent. But when a scum player is called out, they subconsciously think that any malleability in their modus operandi will be interpreted as just trying to get along with everyone else and not sticking their head above the parapet.
Socrates: So a scum player might overcompensate in their attempts to convince the town?

Byers2142 posted:

This is the hill I'm planting my flag on today, and am willing to die on over.

Socrates: Hmm, I still need more.
Ion: Well, how about the self-preservation behaviour?
Socrates: What? You just quoted him telling us he was willing to die!
Ion: I did. Regard it as hubris: When a player is scum, they are intimately more concious of the votes they are accumulating and tend to panic in the face of a lynching.
Socrates: How is this manifest?
Ion: Premature claims of being a confirmed town mason or a lover might be a good one, but no-one would actually be so stupid as to think that would work.

Byers2142 posted:

Confirmed town mason lover.

Byers2142 posted:

I'm a lover; lynch me, two town die.

Ion: Welp!
Socrates: Might a scum player under fear of being lynched also cast around with a shotgun approach, accusing anyone and everyone of being scum for no good reason, hoping that someone reacted badly enough to look scummy themselves?
Ion: Wisdom, Socrates. You are learning.

Byers2142 posted:

I don't want Hiipfire going, and I don't like his volunteering. I'm reminded of Golgotha, where scum volunteered early and often to go on the daily events.

Byers2142 posted:

Another volunteer to watch out for.

Ion: Join me, Socrates! ##Vote Byers2142

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ernie. posted:

so is everyone, get in line, bub

Yea, but my role pm says I'm smarter than almost everyone on the ship

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

As for the Red Alert event I'm not sure who to send. I'll gladly go if people think it's dangerous but right now I'm gonna help send HiipFire because I want to ensure we don't miss out on the event - I feel the events will be beneficial and we want them to work out.
##nominate Hiipfire

Wait, what? You're nominating him but then you're preemptively voting him in case he messes up? Why not wait until we see the results?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Also you should vote me because I am an innocent child genius.

okay but only because you asked nicely ##vote amnistar

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Kleedrac posted:

Kleedrac's scum too. Says a load of stuff about how he disagrees with Byers and implies he's scummy, backs out of voting with a jokevote to avoid being accused of bandwagoning.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ernie. posted:

okay but only because you asked nicely ##vote amnistar

...I appreciate this gesture ernie. It tells me you are a good guy.

I shpuld correct my statement to be vote me for the mission.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Byers2142 posted:

Tell us who your scumbuddies are before you go.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Byers will be replaced by merk as soon as merk clears out his inbox.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And if you're town, you should give up and never play mafia again. Town asking to be replaced out in D1 is the worst thing you could do. If you're town, stay, fight your corner, make cases beyond the lovely flavour AxeCop thing. Act in a way that is protown so that if you do get lynched, your death means something.

Your current stance is about as anti-town as it gets, way more so than wanting to have fun on D1.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
he even claimed lover d1 lmao if he's town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Serious comment.

Send me on the mission for the following reasons.

1. My role supports me going on this mossion because if the mission has negative effects they will likely be mitigated by my role.
2. If the mission involves any kind of choices I will present them to the thread before making any decisions.
3. Sending axe cop is a silly idea.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

That is terrible.

##Vote Merk

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Amnistar posted:

Serious comment.

1. My role supports me going on this mossion because if the mission has negative effects they will likely be mitigated by my role.
2. If the mission involves any kind of choices I will present them to the thread before making any decisions.

Look, a reasonable person with sensible thoughts!

##Nominate Amnistar

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i think scientastic and amnistar should just get a room

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amnistar posted:

Serious comment.

Sold

##nominate Amnistar

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Amnistar posted:

hey we're sending me not you

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Ernie. posted:

i think scientastic and amnistar should just get a room

On the holodeck

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

More people should say that about innocent child geniuses like myself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
RED ALERT NOMINATIONS

Hiipfire (4): Somberbrero, Hiipfire, AXE COP, Kleedrac
Amnistar (3): Amnistar, Scientastic, chaoslord
Ernie (2): Rascyc, Ernie
AXE COP (1): Pinterest Mom

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also 2 out the 3 points in that post don't need to be there

also i dont know if i buy that claim but ehh

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amnistar posted:

More people should say that about innocent child geniuses like myself.

capps was an innocent child genius we sent him to 2p2

this is basically the same thing ##nominate amnistar

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I'd rather not be sent on this mission either! Not that it matters but it means I won't be able to make fun posts and have a good time with my mates :nsacloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

If I am unable to post in the thread after being nominated:

##vote axe cop Because if we can't agree on a lynch day 1 I would rather try to lynch him than no lynch.

• Locked thread