Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Amnistar posted:

If I am unable to post in the thread after being nominated:

##vote axe cop Because if we can't agree on a lynch day 1 I would rather try to lynch him than no lynch.

the deadline is in 3 loving days dude jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
oh wait disregard that post i cant read

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
DONT WORRY ABOUT IT

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

HiipFire posted:

oh wait disregard that post i cant read

I'd recommend you do the same as the other contender for being sent?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I mean I assume I won't be able to post since i'll be on the mission. Maybe I will be able to. Who knows? Certainly not I, a humble Q. :vapes:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well that wasn't a town meltdown

##vote byers2142

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Serious comment.

Send me on the mission for the following reasons.

1. My role supports me going on this mossion because if the mission has negative effects they will likely be mitigated by my role.
2. If the mission involves any kind of choices I will present them to the thread before making any decisions.
3. Sending axe cop is a silly idea.

I am fine with this.

##nominate Amnistar

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Amnistar posted:

I'd recommend you do the same as the other contender for being sent?

already did

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm gonna

##nominate amnistar
##vote scientastic

i am really Not Happy about a serious effort to get a claimed lover dunked. Byers reads to me like frustrated, not scummy, but even then, he's attracted enough attention that he's sure to draw an investigation or something.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
##nominate amnistar

Either he saves the ship or wesley dies. WINNER.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Re: Byers/merk

I can see the case that scientist ic is making but I don't agree with it. I think that it is legitimate frustration that is causing him to react poorly.

I don't think the claim says ugh as I can see many reasons for that claim as a town. Not the least of which being a PGO who was trying to get targetted by scum. Night 1.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
BOO I DIDNT GET TO DO THE THING

oh well atleast we're still gonna lynch scum

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

##nominate amnistar

Either he saves the ship or wesley dies. WINNER.

See...I made this argument earlier but no one listened!

KFC gets me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
RED ALERT NOMINATIONS

Amnistar (7): Amnistar, Scientastic, chaoslord, Ernie, Orvin, Pinterest Mom, KFC
Hiipfire (4): Somberbrero, Hiipfire, AXE COP, Kleedrac
Ernie (1): Rascyc

Amnistar will be sent on the mission!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
congratulations i guess

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
i'm sorry hipfire i tried :smith:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm gonna

##nominate amnistar
##vote scientastic

i am really Not Happy about a serious effort to get a claimed lover dunked. Byers reads to me like frustrated, not scummy, but even then, he's attracted enough attention that he's sure to draw an investigation or something.

lovers are usually town/scum though, right?

i guess you're right, last time byers did this exact same thing was in Mac's Secret Invasion, as town.

##unvote

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Pinterest Mom posted:

i am really Not Happy about a serious effort to get a claimed lover dunked

Good point. You should definitely believe his claim. What was I thinking?!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Amnistar has been nominated to carry out the mission. The Enterprise remains stationary for several hours before finally a voice calls up to the bridge

*sniff* I have completed the cleanup of the deflector dish! *ACHOOOOO* All system should be operational now, Captain. *cough, wheeze*

Data brings the sensor systems back online, and they work better than they have in months. With their sensors restored, the Enterprise continues on its way and safely navigates the remainder of the Tremendous Taste nebula, continuing on its mission.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Good point. You should definitely believe his claim. What was I thinking?!

you're making an easy, obvious case, framing it as a ~revelation~, and you have the easy out of a meltdown if it turns out byers is telling the truth. you're making exactly the case i would expect scum to make rn.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
this is not the "exact same" thing as a day 1 thunderdome between 2 town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Well I was right. My role did help alleviate the negative effects from this, I will be in my cabin all night working on a device that will remove these space particles from my body.

Visit me at your own risk tonight, the particles are likely to get on the skin of anyone that tries and the long term affects of it are likely bad.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well then Amni

thanks for becoming sick instead of me

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Pinterest Mom posted:

you're making an easy, obvious case, framing it as a ~revelation~, and you have the easy out of a meltdown if it turns out byers is telling the truth. you're making exactly the case i would expect scum to make rn.

Read the quoted posts. It doesn't matter if it's easy, do you agree that the things I have quoted fit with my hypothesis or not? And if not, why not?

Calling me out for making a case on an easy target is a bit silly: He's an easy target because of his scummy behaviour.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

HiipFire posted:

this is not the "exact same" thing as a day 1 thunderdome between 2 town

I'm not reading other games: What are you talking about?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Read the quoted posts. It doesn't matter if it's easy, do you agree that the things I have quoted fit with my hypothesis or not? And if not, why not?

Calling me out for making a case on an easy target is a bit silly: He's an easy target because of his scummy behaviour.

I think "town meltdown" is a plausible enough explanation for his behaviour, and regardless of that going after a claimed lover D1 is seriously anti-town.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Scientastic posted:

I'm not reading other games: What are you talking about?

In Secret Invasion Byers started a thunderdome on day 1 which ended up between 2 town and he got poo poo for it all game and ended up replacing out

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Well I was right. My role did help alleviate the negative effects from this, I will be in my cabin all night working on a device that will remove these space particles from my body.

Visit me at your own risk tonight, the particles are likely to get on the skin of anyone that tries and the long term affects of it are likely bad.

I don't believe a word of this.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think "town meltdown" is a plausible enough explanation for his behaviour
Only for the latter part of his history. For the beginning, before his meltdown, his attempts to control the narrative of the thread and prevent real scumhunting was scummy.

Pinterest Mom posted:

and regardless of that going after a claimed lover D1 is seriously anti-town.
Only if you believe a claim made at -16 or whatever it was. And remember the claim: CONFIRMED TOWN MASON LOVER

That's like a winvirus claim.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ernie. posted:

I don't believe a word of this.

Aww...but it was such a good story.

##disintegrate Ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote amnistar

what's the point of a mod-made event that only harms everyone?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Anyone else have a problem with my lie?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Amnistar posted:

Aww...but it was such a good story.

##disintegrate Ernie

wait what

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

lmao

just quoting my first post in this thread for posterity

Ernie. posted:

hello this will be my last game for at least 12 months

(work has gotten crazy)

let's make it a fun one

game delivered

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
wait why are you gonna leave for 12 months?

:(

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Take it to mafia chat boys. Ernie shouldn't be posting here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay before I deal with that, let me say Byers will be replaced with Ecco not merk.

Now give me a few minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I love this game already

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Amnistar walks through the cooridors of the Enterprise. A trail of delicium particles hangs in the air behind him. However, he is determined.

A woman in an elaborate metalic dress and large pink wig turns quickly to face him.

"Now darling, I know what you're thinking, but don't do anything rash."

However, without a word Amnistar raises his gun and fires.

The woman has a look of shock on her face as he pulls the trigger, before she disappears completely.

Ernie, Ambassador Lwaxana Troi, town-aligned Supercop Lover was disintegrated D1.

Day continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I was gonna save it till layer and use the lie to keep from being tartlgetted by night actions and then realized that it wasn't as fun as just letting my adolescent angst take over and lash out at someone.

• Locked thread