Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also the humiliation gets them rock hard, they stand there get scolded by really buff dudes who in turn get scolded by guys in suits and it's boners all the way to the top. In the end of course they're all getting cucked by the military industrial complex but they love it really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

drat dude u should make a video game about this

no im busy making a gothic fps, its got fast movement and a new rendering engine. gonna be pretty sic

worried about y2k tho, how bout you friend?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Pictured: a bunch of idiots, lol.

Dumbasses didn't realize they could have just stayed home and let the Imperial Japanese mass murder thousands of innocent civilians in ways that made Abu Grahib's misconduct look like a tea party.

lol if you wear the cloth of your nation with pride. It's just clothes IDIOT.

Life is a meaningless spiral of despair and misery hahahahahahahaha

WWII is in history my friend.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

pretty soft girl posted:

I'm in shape and know how to work as part of a team and I don't think I've killed a single person either here or overseas

all I had to do was be a general success in life

"Believing in something bigger than myself?" No. Thanks.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtUqpOTbn4g

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

extra stout posted:

i actually agree about the rapid decline in selflessness in the u.s. military post 9/11 and the constant bragging / i suffered the most contest but the abu ghraib poo poo was actually appalling all the way to the top so blaming the soldiers is starting to make me wonder if we're actually just declining in government and as a people and (some) soldiers behavior is just a by product of both of these things

agreed

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i support our troops and usually drop a quarter in their cup if I have one free and am not in a hurry

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Applewhite posted:

something bigger than myself = saddam had wmds

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

only fascist nations worship the military

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Applewhite posted:

oh I do, just not stuff that's a huge waste of time and resources

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

top shelf trolling itt friend

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Dumbasses didn't realize they could have just stayed home and let the Imperial Japanese mass murder thousands of innocent civilians in ways that made Abu Grahib's misconduct look like a tea party.

LOL that you have to go back like 70 years to find the last time our military participated in something that wasn't basically mass murder on behalf of the oligarchy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

only fascist nations worship the military

If you think someone in the military has ever been brave or protected innocent people in trouble, you are literally the reincarnation of Hitler and I spit on you.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

If you think someone in the military has ever been brave or protected innocent people in trouble, you are literally the reincarnation of Hitler and I spit on you.

City of Tampa posted:

LOL that you have to go back like 70 years to find the last time our military participated in something that wasn't basically mass murder on behalf of the oligarchy

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

City of Tampa posted:

LOOK AT THESE HEROES

*farts, wipes nose on flag*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

City of Tampa posted:

FACT: The US Navy mass murdered hundreds of innocent Western Pacific civilians on behalf of greedy oil barons when it provided "aid" (read: murder ships) following the 2004 Tsunami.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

FACT: The US Navy mass murdered hundreds of innocent Western Pacific civilians on behalf of greedy oil barons when it provided "aid" (read: murder ships) following the 2004 Tsunami.

care some more assfag

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Horniest Manticore posted:

care some more assfag

:iamafag: I'm caring SO HARD right now.
Not enough to call someone an assfag, but I'm getting there.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
OP it's because if the enemies hear that our soldiers are mean and cruel they'll get really scared of them and surrender with the white flag

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

:iamafag: I'm caring SO HARD right now.
Not enough to call someone an assfag, but I'm getting there.

thank u for dying for my right to shitpost

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

As a rock-hard veteran, I appreciate the sentiment of anxiety-disordered, insulated civilians to balance me out against how much the political establishment practically sucks my dick and throws money and benefits my way for going boots on the ground in god awful muslim no-man lands.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Why does the army need to get its rear end kicked by a drill instructor to be able to deliver boxes of things?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
GBS in boot camp would make a pretty hilarious tv show

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

Miltank posted:

Why does the army need to get its rear end kicked by a drill instructor to be able to deliver boxes of things?

Drill persons in funny hats exist in order to condition naive young adults to the system of bureaucracy and arbitrary rules, which rule the military, and so enable them to perform mundane tasks like delivering boxes in a hideously inefficient system.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Miltank posted:

It doesn't, obviously. We all know that people are naturally industrious and selfless, that is why you as well as millions of our fellow Americans have voluntarily decided to forego the comforts of home in order to bring aid and comfort to those in need.

Army training is about learning to run in circles and navigate complex jungle gyms. It's totally not geared toward conditioning soldiers to follow directions and correctly perform tasks while under extreme stress.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In the movie Karate Kid, why did the Karate Master make the Kid wax his car and wipe the floor? That has nothing to do with Karate!!!

Stupid movie, IMO.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

If I wasn't painfully boring and unfunny I'd honestly volunteer to be on it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Applewhite, I respect you for your immense devotion to 40K and bad webcomics. Please, stop trolling. You are making yourself look like an idiot.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

In the movie Karate Kid, why did the Karate Master make the Kid wax his car and wipe the floor? That has nothing to do with Karate!!!

Stupid movie, IMO.

right, his spirit needed to be broken, as with an unruly horse. once you have become a body free of a mind, then you will be fit to be called one of are troops

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

FACT: Sometimes soldiers give candy to the orphans of the people they murdered so that KBR and Halliburton could have a bottomless well of blank-check "defense" contracts

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

a bone to pick posted:

If you go to boot camp youll see that there are 2 or 3 gbs guys in every division

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

It doesn't, obviously. We all know that people are naturally industrious and selfless, that is why you as well as millions of our fellow Americans have voluntarily decided to forego the comforts of home in order to bring aid and comfort to those in need.

Army training is about learning to run in circles and navigate complex jungle gyms. It's totally not geared toward conditioning soldiers to follow directions and correctly perform tasks while under extreme stress.

I'd go deliver boxes of food right now if you gave me a salary and paid for all my room and board.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Applewhite posted:

the japanese believed they were liberating countries too

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The best veterans are the ones that are always calm, cool and chill as gently caress and are great conversationalists and don't really let anything get to them but at the same time you never want to make them angry.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Justin Godscock posted:

The best veterans are the ones that are always calm, cool and chill as gently caress and are great conversationalists and don't really let anything get to them but at the same time you never want to make them angry.

ime these are always officers

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

The bigger question is what the hell is up with those ugly-rear end haircuts?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

kissekatt posted:

The bigger question is what the hell is up with those ugly-rear end haircuts?

only fags care about their haircut, assboy

OOH RAH

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Token Psyopmonkey post itt

*Says stuff about army things

*Badmouths the DOD

*Cat pic

*Old lady style post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Miltank posted:

I'd go deliver boxes of food right now if you gave me a salary and paid for all my room and board.

http://www.peacecorps.gov/ send me a postcard :)

• Locked thread