Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The short talk is cut even shorter as the group hears the front wooden door creak open, a tall (but not as tall as most members of the group) hooded figure slowly enters the tavern. It briefly glances at your table before exchanging whispers with the half-elf, whereupon the lookout quickly exits the building.

The hooded figure then calmly starts walking towards the group as he takes off his hood, revealing the face of a young half-orc man, his features clean-shaven with the exception of a well-maintained mustache.

His words are soft-spoken and calm, his face betraying no emotion. "I appreciate the punctuality of you all, and I must apologize for my own lateness, had some last-minute details to take care of, you know how it goes." he allows a brief smile to appear on his face. "In any case, you may call me Tankard. The reason you're all here is that I find myself in the need of skilled professionals for a particular job." he looks down on his pocket and pulls out a small watch. "In approximately two hours a small ship will dock in an abandoned fishery in the outskirts of the Cliffside district." the half-orc pulls out some small mops from a hidden compartment of his clothes and spreads it on the table.

"The ship is carrying valuable merchandise, your job will be to make sure the transaction goes off with no problems and consequently, the protection of the merchandise itself until it reaches its final destination. An appropriate skycoach is being brought here right now." He pulls out a strange token in the shape of some aberrant creature, carefully putting it on the table. "The ship captain's name is Beros, a blonde elf. Exchange this token for the merchandise and load up the coach with it. Following that you're gonna head up to High Walls, the refugee district in Tavick's Landing. Deliver the merchandise to the appropriate place on the map to, where the same half-elf that was on lookout in this tavern will be waiting there for you."

He pauses as he goes for the bartender side and takes a quick drink from the same swill served to you. "This job couldn't be easier. You do it properly and everyone here walks out with a thousand gold pieces and half tonight. Any questions?"

Characters

- Btuzeg "Bugsby" Sgal

- Brangor "The Tree"

- Jasirak "the Extractor" - Ciar

- Martello "The Tower"

- Hargoth "Ironguts"

- Leucis "Reverence" Lightbringer

If at any point you want to make a skill check, do so first and then I'll tell if its appropriate/you got anything out of it.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Bugsby
He leans forward, taking the cigar from his mouth and slowly blows a smoke ring into the air as he listens to the plan. Simple enough. However, when things sound simple they rarely are. Trusting things to be simple is how people got killed in this line of work. Bugsby decided to cut straight to the chase.

"Alright, I don't need to tell you that this isn't my first rodeo. I don't care particularly what it is we're going to be moving or who it's going to or any of that. But lay it on us straight - who do you think is going to come after this shipment, how badly do you think they want it and most importantly, are they going to be trying to steal it, or destroy it?"

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Jasirak "the Extractor"

"Took the words right out of my mouth, Mr. Sgal." Jasirak muses as he leans back in his chair and idly scratches Ciar behind the ears. No one hires four heavies and a couple of mages for an easy job. But that's typical in this business, understate the risk so you can lower the reward. Maybe even cut down on the number of people coming back to collect at the end of the job. But that didn't explain the coin. In what world is a single token enough for an entire shipment of goods?

Still, for whatever reason that symbol seemed familiar to the Extractor. He knew nothing about the creature it depicted (Aberrations were rarely problem in the upper towers) but for whatever reason that particular symbol seemed to have some significance. Something to do with his new employer?

---

Jasirak wracks his brain for what, if anything he knows about House Tarkanan.
History: 1d20+14 17

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 22, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Leucis "Reverence" Lightbringer

Reverence sits back, carefully watching the half-orc, and the others, as the man talks. Trying to ascertain if the man is being straight with them, or setting them up for some reason. He lets Bugsby take the lead in questioning their would be employer. The job sounds simple, but they rarely ever were that simple.

Going to roll Insight 1d20+6 26 natural 20

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 22, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Brangor "The Tree"

Brangor nods at the hobgoblin as he asks a very important question. Clearly, he was a sound businessman and Brangor was glad to have him around to keep some of the details in order. "What happens if we bring the merchandise to your half-elf and someone takes him out instead of trying to take on a group of well-armed people like us? Can you give us a description of this guy so we aren't fooled by an impostor?"

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

It is good to know that the others are as experienced as their demeanors suggested. The questions asked were necessary, but also avoided matters their employer would likely not wish to discuss.

The token was likely just a curiosity, a marker that showed the bearer was authorized to receive the merchandise. Power could be hidden in such things though. The token could also be the payment itself. It was good to know these things ahead of time.

rolling Arcana to see if the token carries some enchantment on it 1d20+14 24

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

Hargoth understood the job, he'd done hundreds like it before.
This time, though, made him nervous for some reason. He didn't like to be nervous and that made him angry.

His companions already asked the right questions so he kept his mouth shut just staring at the Half Orc and trying to glean any information he could from him, trying to perceive minute details or see if he could remember anything he had heard on the streets about this individual.

Checking Tankard out for possible missed details. Perception: 1d20+4 14

Seeing if he can remember ever hearing anything about Tankard Streetwise: 1d20+10 12 (I know this is a little of a grey area with streetwise but I figure it fits, though with that roll it likely doesn't matter.)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ProfessorCurly posted:

Bugsby
"Alright, I don't need to tell you that this isn't my first rodeo. I don't care particularly what it is we're going to be moving or who it's going to or any of that. But lay it on us straight - who do you think is going to come after this shipment, how badly do you think they want it and most importantly, are they going to be trying to steal it, or destroy it?"

The half-orc answers quickly, as if already expecting such a question. "That part of Cliffside where this deal is going to happen is Daask territory, recently acquired by that band of monsters." he pauses as he realizes what he said. "...no offense to you and Ironguts. We tried to give as much cover possible inside the abandoned fishery but you should always be ready for anything, including when you take the skycoach there in the first place. That opportunistic gang will certainly try to steal the merchandise if they discover the deal."

Reverence, after listening to him talk to Bugsby you can see that what he just said its true, but you're certain there's still something he's not telling about the true purpose of this job. While the deal is an important side of it, it's not the full picture. By his mannerisms and the whole way this job invite was set up in the first place, you know you can press him a little further with questions if you desire.

Jasirak, you know the basics of it. House Tarkanan is far smaller than the other dragonmarked houses, they're the only ones that actually protect and take care of people born with aberrant marks, usually persecuted by the other houses for it. They're one of the main criminal guilds of Sharn, focused mainly on assassination and theft, which makes this whole transaction kinda out-of-character for them.

Olanphonia posted:

Brangor "The Tree"
"What happens if we bring the merchandise to your half-elf and someone takes him out instead of trying to take on a group of well-armed people like us? Can you give us a description of this guy so we aren't fooled by an impostor?"

"If anything of the sort happens with the captain, you bring back the token with you." he sighs. "Our organization does not have vast friends, we ask minimum information out of the ones that aid us. All I know from captain Beros besides the fact that he's blonde and a elf of average size is that he's a devout follower of Kol Korran, the trade and wealth god."

Martello, as you touch the small token and discreetly analyzes it, you're certain that it carries a powerful and highly specific enchantment. The token functions as some sort of magical key, to an specific lock made out of similar material and enchantment.

Hargoth, the only more details you can get from the half-orc way of dressing is that he surely has MANY hidden pockets, way more than the ones that he pulled the maps and token out. You can't recall having heard the code name Tankard on the streets, which means he must keep a low profile on his dealings as an agent of House Tarkanan.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

Ironguts sighs audibly at the mention that we would be travelling through Daask territory, and then speaks.

"You should all know that I was once a member of Daask, and that it did not end well, if I am seen there may be extra trouble, be mindful of it and pay more attention than normal."

His voice is not one that you would expect from one of his kind, it is measured, direct, and articulate, the voice of a vetran of many battles.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence lifts an eyebrow at Ironguts' admission. "Extra trouble. Well a little extra trouble is not a big deal." He turns back to Tankard. "That said I feel there is a bit more you should be telling us before we head out. Certainly this job is important, but there is more to it. Is there not?"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I just realized I may have read Olanphonia's question wrong, will edit later (I blame myself for putting NPC elves)

frajaq fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 23, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

Brangor nods as he hears the new information, both from their contact and from the Minotaur. At least the half-orc had a plan already in place and didn't seem to hesitate to give them the plan B if things went south. As for the Minotaur, well, he could hardly blame anyone for doing what was needed to survive, and if he had broken contact with them (perhaps violently) then at least it was likely he wouldn't sell them out.

He leans forward and casts an eye over the map, looking for anything the group might need to take in to account when planning their route. It was too bad he wasn't really familiar with that area.

Streetwise: 1d20+7=9. wwwwwwwwwwelp.

Also, the guy pretty much answered the question. I was really looking at if we had a Plan B in case the poo poo hit the fan and we had to bail with the goods. Didn't want to be on the end of a manhunt because this guy's contact got hosed.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Jasirak "the Extractor"

"I share my new Tiefling friend's concerns," Jasirak croons, "Back alley deals using outside hires? This operation seems well outside House Tarkanan's usual wheelhouse." He leans forward and crooks his head, causing the crown of his hat to flop from one side of his head to the other, "And now I hear we're doing this in enemy territory? Do you intend to use us as bait, Mr. Tankard?" Jasirak pauses for a moment to let the implication sink in, "If so, I suggest a more comprehensive explanation of our purpose is in order if you want someone to actually ensure your deal takes place." Smirking, he adds, "Or at least some additional hazard pay."

Suggestion - Using Arcana as a Diplomacy roll: 1d20+14 21 +2 for regalia = 23

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 23, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The way Reverence says his last words gets Tankard by surprise, for once betraying emotion in his face. The half-orc is about to answer when Jasirak continues where the Tiefling left off. When it ends, the half-orc has a look of resignation in his face, before it goes back to the calm and collected one.

"I see, very well. It seems for once I managed to hire TOO good of a help." he lets out a weak laugh. "I'll come clean then. If there is one thing I find immense pride in my house is that we take care of anyone with aberrant dragonmarks that seek our aid, no questions asked. No one deserves to get slaughtered by the bigger houses for something they are born with. But lately we have been receiving an unexpectedly large amount of marked people, way more than currently financially allowed. Training, equipment and hideouts for our members gets expensive, and so we needed to expand our business. Compound to this problem is that I suspect we have a rat in our midst, an infiltrator of some kind."

He pauses to take another drink from the bar, before continuing. "And so I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I've arranged with contacts outside of Sharn to smuggle a large shipment of dreamlily by boat, the merchandise you are going to get. And since I told only a few members of my organization about this deal, if anything bad happens to it I'll have narrowed down who to investigate further. So yes, Mister Jasirak, I hired outside help to serve as bait of some kind, since I do not want to risk my own people to do so."

He pauses again. "So that's it. The job with no more secrets, the objectives haven't changed at all. I'll sweeten the pot with five hundred extra gold pieces for everyone. But I can do no more than that, so... are you guys in or not?"

Brangor, you find nothing on the map that immediately comes to mind.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

"Good enough for me. I've never been one to avoid a scrap, especially when coin is involved." Martello stands up and begins to check his gear, making sure everything is in place and ready for action.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Bugsby

He puffs on his cigar as he listens, nodding a bit with each additional input, "No problems here. I figured it'd be something like this, a bit of spring cleaning is good for any organization. I have only one more question, if someone does come after us do you want to speak with them or should we... send them on their way? No guarantees of course, but as a professional I try to keep the preferences of my clients in mind."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ProfessorCurly posted:

Bugsby

"No problems here. I figured it'd be something like this, a bit of spring cleaning is good for any organization. I have only one more question, if someone does come after us do you want to speak with them or should we... send them on their way? No guarantees of course, but as a professional I try to keep the preferences of my clients in mind."

"The latter, since I doubt this infiltrator will go personally, that is if he exists at all. I don't know if any of you are particularly bloodthirsty, but the security of the merchandise should always comes first in the entirety of this job."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence nods. "Very well." He looks to the others. "I believe we are in agreement."

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Jasirak "the Extractor"

"Indeed," Jasirak replies with a wide grin, "I appreciate your candor, Mr. Tankard," his eyes narrow, and your generosity. He pushes himself up from his seat, "When can we expect our skycoach to arrive?"

Pointing down at their location on the map he states, "Because I'd like to go over our route one more time before we go. It's always best to be thorough when embarking on a new business venture," He looks up at Tankard, "wouldn't you agree?"

Jasirak ponders what, if any, information he has about the area of Cliffside they're traveling through. He brings it up with the group if it's relevant; GM's discretion.

Streetwise: 1d20+10 22

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

"Mmm, that all sounds fine to me. I think any who interfere will find that they regret it."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"I already gave you the maps, getting there with the skycoach intact is part of the job, Mister Jasirak." he checks his pocket watch just as the half-elf lookout returns and opens the front doors wide open, a skycoach right at the door. "Just in time, get on with it my friends and best of luck to you!"

With that said, the party does a quick gear check before embarking on the skycoach, an initial confusion apparent when it seems to be half-way loaded with barrels full of common spice. The confusion quickly disappears when the half-elf points to a hidden cargo section on the wooden floor, completely empty. "Just in case you guys get unlucky enough to get caught by a Sharn Watch patrol. " he says with a raspy voice.

Everyone has been on Sharn enough to know the basics of how a skycoach operate and you quickly sail away from the tavern. With a quick glance back, you notice that Tankard and the half-elf are already gone from sight.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffside Outskirts, halfway to meeting point, way past midnight.

As you expect from the waterfront district at this time of the night, it's still noisy as hell with lots of movement from cheap inns, drunk laughter mixed with brawling sounds as sailors from all over Khorvaire enjoy themselves for once. To reduce attention to yourselves, the skycoach flies low as possible between few towers and buildings of the district.

The sailing goes smoothly, with no Sharn Watch night patrols in sight. That is until you enter the more abandoned and decrepit areas of Cliffside. You can almost see the entrance to the underground river when you hear many flapping wings sounds coming your direction.

A mob of harpies easily keeps up with the skycoach speed. They're all carrying bows with specialized arrow ammunition and have a cruel look in their face. One of the biggest harpies, carrying a very obvious Daask symbol in her dark-red armor starts talking "Woaaaaaaaah there no-wingers! Slow down for a second! Nice skycoach you got there, is that the latest model? Tell you what, you pay us-" her talk is interrupted as one of the henchmen quickly grabs her shoulder, pointing at Ironguts. "Boss! That's him! The drat traitor!".

The big harpy quickly forms an expression of anger in her face towards the Minotaur. "Forget it everyone! BURN IT DOWN! THE TRAITOR AND HIS FRIENDS DIE TODAY!". The harpies let out the first volley of dangerous flame arrows, the group barely managing to dodge the skycoach from it, sailing at full speed. The harpies are quick to follow. "AFTER THEM!!!!"

A dangerous high-speed chase between tall abandoned buildings begins, an excellent way to start a night in the City of Towers.

Skill Challenge time! Soundtrack for the scene

How can you characters contribute to escaping with the skycoach intact and fend off the Daask harpies? Use skills that make sense, although I'm willing to be lenient as long as you're creative about it.

Necroskowitz you can use that Streetwise roll if you fluff it up nicely.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 24, 2015

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

Martello quickly reacts to the changing situation, bringing his weapon arm to bear on the new threats. Perhaps something a little.... flashy... will distract our new friends. He focuses on the bolt loaded in the crossbow, filling it with magical power until it can barely hold together.

using Arcana to try and make some kind of flashbang explosion from one of my armbow bolts. 1d20+14 = 25

When the little bolt can hold no more, he looses it in the direction of the largest group of attackers.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also before I forget, copy pasting the thread title on orokos must get annoying so from now on please use Down and Out as the Campaign name in orokos, just like Winged Orpheus did above!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence looks up, reaches toward the harpies, and twists the air. Unleashing a splash of flame in front of the harpies, trying to scare them off.

Intimidate 1d10+12 21 man that is disappointing.

Also that is inconvenient, I had set up my sheet to have the thread name as the Campaign, so Orokos automatically puts it into the Campaign part and I have to remember to edit that each and every time.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 24, 2015

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Jasirak "the Extractor"

Jasirak stumbles as the skycoach lurches out of the way of the first volley. He takes a few uncoordinated lurching steps before catching himself on the skycoach's gunwale. Ciar rears up beside him and snarls up at the attacking harpies. Jasirak turns to wave the great cat away from the edge when catches sight of something that takes him out of the moment. There, just a short distance away is a row of tall buildings right up against the great cliffs that give the district its name.

Evidently that part of the district used to be the headquarters for a now long defunct shipping company or other that, in its time, spent a fortune on fancy edifices. It had been a few years since Jasirak been there to mediate an agreement between a couple gangs that used to operate in the area. What struck him then, as now, were the rows of criss-crossing bridges between the old stone architecture. They were crumbling now, but what they lacked in safety they made up for in cover.

Turning back to the ships pilot he calls out, "Take us through there - under the bridges!"

Streetwise: 1d20+10 22 - Same roll as earlier.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Bugsby

Reacting quickly, he leaps up from the makeshift hiding space and sees the danger. So, the past was catching up to them already. An... unfortunate start to the night, really. He hears the call for the pilot to drive toward a nearby set of bridges and sees their pilot cowering at the onslaught. He decides to take the wheel for himself. Part of the job on the old crew, providing security for the boss... Now it was time to put his experience to the test.

Bugsby's Chase Theme

"You best clear out turkeys, before things go bad!" he says, loud enough to cut through the din of battle as he swings the airship, trying to sky-drift through their formation and head for the bridges that Ex(tractor) had indicated.

Yelling at harpies, gonna take the wheel. Acrobatics is dexterity/stunts/hand-eye-coordination things... So we're going to make this 2 Dungeons 2 Dragons, Eberron Drift
Acrobatics/Drive1d20+10: 23 [1d20=13]

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

Brangor wasn't the smartest of people. He knew what skycoaches were and had even ridden in one on occasion. He, however, had never learned (or cared to learn for that matter) how they actually work. He looks around trying to determine the best way he can help and his eyes fall on the barrels of spice. If this boat worked like any other boat or carriage, it would go faster if it were lighter. He dashes over to one and tries to pick it up and toss it over the side. Bonus points if it hits ones of the haripes.

Athletics 2#1d20+12: 2 # 14 [1d20=2] 29 [1d20=17]

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

I run to the most visible place on the vehicle and draw my sword booming at them.

"Fools! You think you can take down Ironguts! I'll have your heads on my belt!"

Intimidate: 1d20+10 21

Maybe that will give them pause or make them hesitate.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Disregard my latest roll on orokos Down and Out, I misread my own skill challenges DCs on my notepad :downs:

Martello's flashbang gets some of the harpies completely by surprise, the blinding effect worsened considered this was the dark of the night. Not being able to spot the incoming metal wall and already going fast, some of them crash down violently. But most of them recover and continue the chase.

Reverence's fearsome wave of flames scatter some of the harpies away, making them flee, much to the annoyance of the harpy leader as it curses at their cowardice and incompetence. The morale worsens when a heavy metal barrel loaded with spices is thrown with brutal strength by Brangor, catching two harpies that were circling the skycoach in the head, instantly breaking their necks as fall to the ground just as quick as they were flying.

The harpies try a massive volley just like before, but Bugsby is quick to avoid them, maneuvering away and taking advantage of the cover from the bridges Jasirak spotted earlier.

Frustrated beyond reason and with half her initial forces lost or gone, the harpy leader makes ready for one last charge and volley, but Irongut's booming voice make her hesitate for a second, as she glances at her forces and quickly rethinks her idea. With a very angry expression on her face, she looks straight at the Minotaur. "This isn't over Ironguts! You hear me?? THIS IS FAR FROM OVER! Squad! OUT!" and just as quick as they initially appeared, the harpy mob is gone, disappearing in the middle of the buildings and towers of Cliffside.

The group does a quick check on the skycoach itself, finding it completely intact, much to their satisfaction. You continue on your way while following the map, until you're in an underground and deserted part of The Lower City, which by the appearances, could easily be considered part of The Depths.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The meeting point - An abandoned fishery

The underground area is badly lit and smells of age and decay, as you might expect. Failed and abandoned factories and other unknown buildings litter the place, the great majority of them alongside the river of dark murky waters.

With the unfortunately timed harpy ambush, you're almost late to the deal, as everyone can spot a small ship coming into view into the river, almost close to the dock of the fishery.

Bugsby gets as fast as he can at the door of the place, the crew getting off the skycoach just as the ship docks. You slowly walk inside the dark place, seeing random and broken machinery scattered everywhere. A blonde elf in captain's clothes waves at the group, as some sailors ready immense and reinforced barrels next to the dock.

The elf is all smiles as the group approaches, a golden amulet shining in his chest. "What a perfect night to do business, wouldn't you agree? We're here because of our mutual friend so let's get down with it. The merchandise requested is here, of course." He points to one of the barrels, as one of the human sailors opens it, revealing an enormous quantity of dreamlily inside it. "Now...where is the payment?" he glances at the group, a broad smile in his face.

For Necroskowitz only: The 18 Passive Insight that Jasirak has makes him think there is definitely something weird about the way this captain Beros is behaving.

Full map:

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Bugsby

Call him paranoid, but once they landed he didn't immediately leave the boat with the others. Instead he stays for a moment to secure things, trying to slink off the skycoach quietly and without being seen so he can case the area a bit. He searches the surroundings for evidence of an ambush, trying to stay out of sight in case things go bad so he can act as a nasty surprise. Despite his experience in such matters, he wasn't much of a negotiator anyway...

Stealth: 1d20+12: 19 [1d20=7]

Perception: 1d20+9: 24 [1d20=15]

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bugsby, you manage to slink inside the fishery in a way the elf captain and the sailors do not see you. Even with the heavy machinery scattered around, you find no one hiding the fishery itself.

Briefly stepping outside you take a peek at the outside walls of the place, finding no one waiting there too. The fishery is surrounded by two similar buildings, walls standing but looking completely abandoned.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 25, 2015

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Bugsby

Satisfied things were on the level, he would slink out from the shadows with his usual swagger, walking up to the rest of the crew and assuming his position in getting-hit-before-the-squishy-ones position.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

Martello is content to let others take the lead here. He's staying alert and ready in case things go sideways.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Jasirak "the Extractor"

For frajaq: Something's rotten here that much is certain, Jasirak muses to himself, but what exactly is getting my hackles up?

After a few moments the Eladrin steps forward and calls out, "Come on, Captain, you know how this works," Jasirak has a smile on his face but there's no mirth in it, "We have to send someone up to check the merchandise ourselves before we hand over your pay."

Raising his hands up, the wizard subtly twists some minor enchantments into his words to make them more convincing, "Don't worry, the rest of us will stay on our side."

---

For frajaq: Jasirak wonders what it is about Beros that's weirding him out so much.

Insight: 1d20+8 27

Jasirak attempts to convince the good Captain to let someone across to inspect the goods.

Using Suggestion.

Arcana: 1d20+14 25 + 2 from regalia is 27.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 25, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"But of course! Go right ahead, it's only fair after all. This is a big shipment after all. As big as most of you guys yourselves right? Hahaha!" He moves himself a little back.

As Brangor moves up inside the ship towards the barrels, one of the sailors is quick to get out of his way, even the human being big and muscled himself. The goliath can confirm that indeed the dreamlily plants are authentic.

For Jasirak, you finally realize what's been nagging you about the captain. He's acting like this is a deal between outsiders, almost like for the first time. The way Tankard talked about Beros and how House Tarkanan doesn't have a lot of friends, Beros's demeanor shouldn't be to act so drat business-like. He talks of payment like he should be getting bags of gold for this. There is no longer any doubt about it, this captain is an impostor. And by the way the sailor near Brangor acted, they're probably on it too. The problem now is that only you know about it. Unless you know any telepathy spell, you can either have a Surprise action of your own OR tell the party about it, everyone gaining +1 to Initiative.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Jasirak "the Extractor" and Ciar

Jasirak's brow twitches slightly. As if in response Ciar's long ears flatten against her body and she begins letting out a low growl. Before anyone can react Jasirak is swirling his arms in front of him and shouting an incantation. Most see nothing come of it, but to the sailors affected it seems that their ship has begun to splinter around them.

---

Jasirak casts Illusory Obstacles centered on J16. It only affects enemies so Brangor isn't harmed. Hit enemies are dazed and can't charge until the end of Jasirak's next turn. Missed enemies still can't charge until the end of Jasirak's next turn. Since this is an illusion everyone who is hit has -2 to attack rolls against Jasirak before the end of his next turn.

Illusory Obstacles vs Will - Centered on J16 - Imposter Elf: 1d20+10 16

Illusory Obstacles vs Will - Centered on J16 - Sailor 2: 1d20+10 15

Illusory Obstacles vs Will - Centered on J16 - Sailor 3: 1d20+10 21

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 25, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

Brangor peeks into each of the barrels. "Looks like they've got what we came for." he calls back to the others, right before the sailors reel as if something had just gone horribly wrong.

I'm holding off on posting an action for round 1 until Jasirak's action is resolved, unless told otherwise.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Bugsby

"What's all this? You lot been skimming off the stash?" he asks, bringing his gouge up to a combat position menacingly.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"What the gently caress..." is all the elf captain can say as Jasirak suddenly speaks an invocation. He glances at the sailors nearby, who suddenly are wobbly as hell. "Boss! He's destroying the ship!"

Beros has an expression of sudden anger as he draws a rapier. "Screw this! This facade is over! AT THEN!" Suddenly, his image is a blur as he shapechanges into something else, revealing his true self as a changeling!

The "sailors" shape suddenly is over, revealing themselves to be changelings too, armed with glistening blades.

pre:
Fake Captain Beros @ K15
60/60 HP - DAZED, CANT CHARGE, -2 hit mage
AC 18; F/R/W 15/17/16

Changeling Thugs @ G16
38/38 HP
AC 16; F/R/W 14/15/15

Changeling Thugs @ I17  
38/38 HP  - DAZED, CANT CHARGE, -2 hit mage
AC 16; F/R/W 14/15/15

Changeling Thugs @ K17
38/38 HP -  DAZED, CANT CHARGE, -2 hit mage
AC 16; F/R/W 14/15/15 
pre:
INITIATIVE
17 - Fake Captain Beros
12 - Changeling Thugs
pre:
OBJECTIVE:

-Bring the 4 Barrels of Dreamlily to the skycoach at top right corner of the map

Each character can only carry 1 Barrel. To grab one be adjacent to it and spend a Minor action
Make an Athletics skill check with DC 23.
If you fail you'll have -2 Movement Speed and -2 Reflex.
You only need to pass the test once and can try again at the start of your turn as a Free Action.
Roll Initiative and bring your combat blocks up!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Initiative: 1d20+2+3= 17

pre:
Martello "The Tower" 						 
HP: 45/45		AC:   20		Passive Insight: 13
Surges:  10/10  (V: 11)	For:  19		Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +2          Ref:  19		Action Points: 1
Speed:6		        Will: 17		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Magic Weapon            [ ] Second Wind			[ ] Punishing Eye
Thundering Armor	[ ] Warforged Resolve	        [ ] Repulsion Leather Armor
			[ ] Swift Mender	        [ ] Brooch of No Regrets
			[ ] Burning Weapons
			[ ] Shocking Feedback
                        [ ] [ ] Healing Infusion (Curative Admixture/Resistive Formula)

Conditionals/Resists: 
Warforged Resilience: +2 to saving throws against ongoing damage.
Distant Advantage: CA against flanked enemies with ranged attacks

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 25, 2015

• Locked thread