Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

L5 Daily - Stand The Fallen

pre:
Ironguts		 
HP: 46/46		        AC:   20		Passive Insight: 12
Surges:  10/10                    For:  17	        Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +6                  Ref:  16	        Action Points:1
Speed:5		                Will: 17        Vision: Low-Light

At Will			          Encounter			                     Daily
Opening Shove                              Second Wind   [  ]                        Concentrated attack    [X]
Direct the Strike                          Goring Charge   [X]                      Motivated Recovery     [  ]
                                           Inspiring Word      [  ]                               Cloak Ability [X]
                                           Seize the Upper Hand [  ]                       Stand The Fallen    [  ]
                                           Warlord's Strike  [  ]

Stuff and Junk 
Goring Shove - Push target 1 sq after a Goring Charge
Inspiring Presence: "When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action, 
that ally also regains lost hit points equal to one-half your level + your Charisma modifier.
Expert Combat Leader: "You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +3 power bonus to initiative.
Vanguard Weapon +1d8 damage on a successful charge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Leucis "Reverence" Lightbringer

Gain Fire Resist 10 from Fire Elementalist, a little better than what I already get from Tiefling.
Gain +2 Power Bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy from Infernal Prince.

I do believe that is it. Look Elementalists don't get daily spells and it will be awhile before I get extra At Wills.

Actually I think I got a further +2 to damage at 5th.

pre:
HP: 49/49		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 16
Surges:  8/9   (V: 12)	For:  17		Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +7          Ref:  14		Action Points: 0
Speed:6		        Will: 21		Vision: Low-Light

At Will			Encounter			
Elemental Bolt         [ ] Second Wind	        [ ] Hellfire Heart
Ignition               [ ] Infernal Wrath	[ ] [ ] Elemental Escaltion
                       [ ] Sorcerous Sirocco 

Important poo poo/Personal Reminder: 
Resist Fire 10
War Wizard Expertise: Take -5 penalty to hit my allies
Blood Hunt: Gain +1 bonus to attack vs bloodied
Imperious Majesty: When I hit a creature that has not yet gone yet it takes a penalty 
    to hit me of -5 until the end of my next turn.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

With nothing more to say or ask Tankard and with the payday received, the group leaves the "soup kitchen", the half-elf quickly locking the gate behind them. You all take great care in hiding the box loaded with platinum coins wherever you can on your clothes and armor. ]

The group parts ways... for now, because after all that happened tonight, many organizations of Sharn will pay attention to you in the future, like it or not.

After a good night's rest (or at least body recovery for Martello), you wake up to another bright day in the City of Towers. Only this time, you actually have a respectable amount of money in your pockets. The diverse bazaars of the city are open for business and the streets are packed with movement.

It's time for some shopping if you want to spend some money. Sharn has pretty much everything for sale, if it's a magic item you're gonna buy just gimme a basic description of what it does.

Besides that let's do some basic world-building exercise with you guys, about your PCs and Sharn

Where do you live in the city? Do you have a quiet hideout for yourself or live in a tower with other tenants? Or are you a literal murder-hobo?
Do you have any kind of small side-job or just help out somewhere to give some cover or is criminal stuff all you can do? Do you own some small business?
Did you make any friends when you arrived in the city or are you reclusive and anti-social?
Did you try to keep in touch with the other partners of the last job?

frajaq fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 27, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

Brangor tucks his payment into his armor and grins at the other members of the group, "Stay in touch. It's good to work with competent people for a change." He looks thoughtful for a moment before adding, "It was even better to work with people who know when to use restraint. See you around."

With that, he heads back to his small apartment in the upper area of the Lower Reaches, near the rim. He walks through the door and takes a deep breath, inhaling the scent of the dirt floor he maintained within his home. That, and the few plants that he grew inside the apartment were his greatest connection to the world outside Sharn. He couldn't help but smile every time he walked out of the stink of Lower City into his little earthen sanctuary. He walks over to the large, circular dining table and unlatches a few hidden catches and lifts the top off to reveal a secret area inside the thick table where he stores his most valuable things when he isn't using them. He places the box of coins gently into the recess, opens it and takes a handful of coins, then seals both the box and table back up. He knew exactly what he was going to buy with his new wealth. His stomach rumbles. Well, two things.

He whistles tunelessly as he walks to his favorite eatery near his home, his great size parting the crowds with ease. He orders two of his favorite dish, large roasted mushrooms topped with strong cheese and a number of colorful vegetables. Meal finished, he strolls casually to his final destination for the day: a bedding shop in the Middle City. He was really very tired of sleeping on what he could only very charitably describe as a 'bed'; which was, in reality, a bit of canvas hung over a wooden frame. After an hour of testing different mattresses he finally selects a firmly supportive bed with just a hint of softness. Satisfied and smiling broadly, he pays the clerk and walks his prize back to his home. He grin broadens when he remembers the look on the clerk's face when Brangor had pulled a fistful of platinum coins from his purse rather than sign a promissory note (complete with insane interest payments).

That night's sleep is the best he had had for as long as he could remember. The next morning, he dresses and heads over to The Grotto, a tavern that he spends most days working as a bouncer. Few people are willing to start any sort of trouble with the huge Goliath standing watch, and The Grotto's owner paid him well in both coin and food. "Grilby, you need me today?" he says to the gnome behind the counter as a way of greeting.

I'm banking most of the money for later, but I'm spending 100gp on a nice mattress for flavor.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Brangor

After you enter the tavern you walk to where the owner probably is right now, a room in the back. As the gnome once told you before, he's a retired combat engineer from the Last War but he still enjoys tinkering with things in the few occasions The Grotto isn't busy.

Grilby turns around his working table to look at you with a smile in his face. "Oh there you are! I'll definitely need you here for today!" he stops smiling and has a worried expression on his face. "You know these Daask types? Seems they're looking at expanding, yesterday they even torched Ma Drinkin Hole a few towers from here! Everyone around here always paid the Boromar Clan and they always treated us fairly, I'm worried that a gang war will start here and might spill over to my tavern..."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor

"Hm," Brangor says, stroking his chin, "if it's a possible gang war, especially if it's Daask, we'll probably need backup. Luckily, I just finished a job with a couple guys who would be a great fit. Assuming you can pay them I can see if they're available."

Silently, Branford fumes. Daask won't get away with with bullying people again.

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 30, 2015

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

Martello nods at Brangor's words. It feels good to fight as part of a team again. Though he was more than capable of fighting alone if need be, he was designed to be most effective in a group. He takes not as contact information is shared, and shares his own.

The job finished and payment secured, Martello heads back to the small apartment he rents in a quiet corner of the city. While many would feel cramped in such a small space, it is perfect for a warforged. While most would fill the space with "necessities" such as furniture, Martello has dedicated the space to various workbenches. Small projects litter the space, with various gadgets and potions strewn across the work surface. This is how he passes the time between his more adventurous moments, with tinkering and experiments. The payment is enough to get the rest of the parts he needs for a few ongoing projects, mostly experimental upgrades. Various favors would be done and/or called in. People knew that if they needed something fixed or broken, Martello could get the job done.

Purchases

Alchemical Launcher: Arms slot item (Living Construct Required). +1 to attack rolls with alchemical items, and don't provoke attacks of opportunity for making attacks with alchemical items (1000 GP)
Delver's Light: Wondrous item (Living Construct Required). Shed bright, dim, or no light out to 20 squares. Free action to switch between them. (520 GP)

Various alchemical consumables. Let me know if you'd like a full list, but it's mostly just utility stuff that I thought looked neat. (420 GP)

vvvvv
Perception = 1d20+8 = 9 Critical Failure

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 31, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Brangor

Grilby raises an eyebrow at you. "What kind of 'job' are we talking about here? Actually you know what, don't even tell me, I don't think I want to know." He sighs. "Look Brangor, I'm not a very rich gnome, I don't know what your going 'rate' is, but I would be able to pay four hundred gold pieces at most for hired help, if that would help me save The Grotto... you friends would be up to that?"

Martello

Oh yeah if you could show how much each thing costed that would be nice.

For the last component necessary to make the Alchemical Launcher you desire, you had to take a small trip to Tavick's Market in Middle Tavick's Landing, since the equipment came by lightning rail, an order made by one of your usual contacts some time ago, and now you actually have the money to purchase it.

After your contact on the bazaar shop gives you the package and coins are exchanged you make your way home, but after a few minutes you can't shake the feeling that you're being watched, even in a crowded place like this. This isn't the weird glances that you're used to, from people still uncomfortable with warforged like you completely independent and walking around, this is a step above.

Roll Perception!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Martello

You try your best at looking around searching for whoever is giving you this strange feeling, sometimes quite indiscreetly at the crowds before you. Unfortunately you just can't find the person, as much as you try. At least after a few minutes and a skycoach trip to a lower district is enough for you to shake off the feeling, as whoever was following you gave up after you were spooked, but you have no idea who was it.

You can't help but feel paranoid as you make your way home, constantly looking over your shoulder and checking corners...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

I return to my small squat in Fallen in the lower dura. It's not a great place, just a ruined building up against a wall with no inner walls or furniture but it is a great place to hide out and rest for a while and think about my next move.
I share space with an old human man, sickly and on his last legs. His family threw him down here to rot because they couldn't take care of him.
I had been slowly watching the man wither and die over the course of the past few weeks. It looked like it had finally happened.

I take the body, search it, and toss it out to the street and pull the big rock I use to cover the door and keep out the trash. (Well the trash that cant lift a big rock in any case, but that is actually a significant number down here where there isn't enough food and people aren't healthy.)

I keep my money on me at all times and don't spend it on anything, yet. I just have to dishevel myself and look poor and hungry and they feed me for free at the local temple that's trying to clean up this cursed place.

I need more money if I want to get out of this part of the city. Maybe I can buy my way into Mithral Tower, hah, yeah right.

Now that the old man was finally dead I have the place to myself, not that it really matters.

After thinking about it overnight I think I might try to keep working with this group, they complemented each other and everyone didn't degrade into a pile of jelly and weep over killing people.

So after a nights rest and a quick meal of the slop they handed out at the temple, I go off back towards the upper districts to see if I can find a job , or find the other people I just worked with and see if they had anything to do, making sure to avoid Callestan of course, Don't wanna get too close to the Daask / Boromar battleground.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

Brangor grunts an acknowledgement, "Of course, Grilby. I'll help for nothing more than some food since you've treated me well and fairly. I'll sent the others a message and see what they say."

He stands and waves a farewell before striding out the door and to the nearest messenger business. "I need a message sent, high priority and as fast as you can manage." He gives a description of the others and the message: "Got a job, not high pay, but pays well in gratitude. Go to The Grotto in Lower City if you're in. -Brangor"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence does not do much during the downtime. He didn't bring anyone from his previous job to the city, and it would probably be bad if anyone did recognize him from before he took on the name Reverence. When he first arrived he looked around to try and get to know the city. Now he looks around the city again, but this time he stops and speaks with the occasional person on the street. He stops and buys a drink or a round at the occasional inn or tavern, picking up rumors, learning names, learning who does what in the city, and casually trying to find out who would be the best contacts for various things should he need information or goods, Illegal or otherwise, in the future. For the most part it shouldn't be all that suspicious, and he doesn't actually ask about anything illegal this time, he is just a tourist or newcomer to the city trying to get to know it better.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress it, lets do something with 4 players then.

Hargoth

You feel the sting of prejudice as you try to find any job in the upper districts, as by this point people usually assume that one of the "monster races" such as yourself works for the brutal Daask. And as you well know, with the rumors about an upcoming war between Daask and the Boromar Clan, people don't want to be seen "choosing a side" by recruiting someone like you.

When an elf messenger sent by Brangor spots you and delivers the message, you realize that you just found your job for today. As you feared, its on Callestan, the fact that it's on the edge of the district is of small consolation for you...

Reverence

As you try to discover more contacts in the city you realize that today has been a slow day for that, people that you talked before seem to be missing for some reason. You learn more of the situation when you talk to an old halfling weapon dealer named Huffold in the lower parts of the bazaar district, the same that sent you to the job for House Tarkanan. "Alright kid, there's a reason things seen a little dry right now, but there's a reason for that and it's a temporary condition at best. Two underworld factions are very close to having an all-out war, and that means the usual jobs you like slow down until the matter is resolved. Now here's the thing, there's Daask, the new guys, and the Boromars, the oldest in town, and-" He's about to teach you about Daask and the Boromar Clan when a messenger arrives with a job offer from Brangor.

You give a curt goodbye while you check the location on the map. Callestan, you heard about this district, packed with seedy inns and other unlikable elements of society. Should be as good of a place as any to make money!

Brangor, Martello, Hargoth and Reverence, at The Grotto, in the Callestan district.

As the day starts to end the signs of fear are very obvious to everyone as you meet up in front of the tavern, most of the shops and taverns have closed by now and people hurry back to their houses or their inn rooms. The unpredictability of Daask is the primary factor for this hysteria.

A gnome named Grilby stands alongside Brangor as the three newcomers arrive. He's visibly nervous, and the tavern behind is entirely without customers. "Erm...so you're the guys Brangor here told me about. Look, the job is simple and I can pay four hundred gold pieces per head. I know it's not much but it's the best I can. Here's the problem: Daask wants to take over this district that's been Boromar's for ages. And if they can't get protection money from places, they'll probably just burn down the place to deny it to the Boromars." He pauses.

"I known for sure some of them are gonna come here this night, to do the same thing to me... I had the workers in the Grotto go home early so my place is deserted save us. I don't...know how you guys conduct your business. Do you have any questions? Do you guys prefer to do it in the streets or would it better to lure them inside? I would like if my furniture was intact by the end of this..."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

"Let's try not to burn the whole district to the ground. I can meet them at the door if the rest of you want to get in a good position for an ambush." Brangor pats the gnome on his pack in what he hopes comes across as a comradely way. He looks at each of his companions in turn, "Thanks for coming. If I'm not mistaken we'll have plenty of opportunities to make a bit more than the 400 that Grilby has for us."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence makes his way to the meeting place, and hears out the offer. The gold sounds nice. The not burning the place to the ground sounds, less nice, and difficult. But he could try. Not like he can go around burning everything anyway, not without gaining a bit more infamy than he is really ready for.

"Yes. Yes. It sounds like a deal." He turns to Brangor and nods. "Setting up an ambush seems wise. Do we have any water nearby should they try and set the place on fire?" He leaves unsaid the possibility that stray fire may set the building on fire.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"Water? Ohhh the water tower that provides for the towers nearby is a couple of alleys from here! I doubt we'll reach in time if-" The gnome gasps loudly as he looks to the east, where a large troll comes from behind a building and into the street, with a typical dumb look on his face.

He's followed by a minotaur and a robed goblin who are discussing something, but they're too far away for you to hear anything or to look at their features, the shape of a few gnolls comes with them. The minotaur has something like a map in his hands, and he's spending an awful lot of time looking at it, as he keeps changing how he's holding it.

The goblin keeps tapping his foot, impatient and the troll is just as dumb as ever, as he simply sits with the back to a random wall, awaiting further orders.

The gnome almost whispers. "I...I'm pretty sure that's them! D-do I go inside now, go behind counter like nothing is happening? If any of you want to hide the time is now!!"

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

"Hargoth, find something to conceal yourself behind. If they react like the last Daask we ran into, we don't want them seeing you until they're fully inside and we can corral them in." Martello moves away from the entrance, letting Brangor meet them first. If this comes to violence, he wants some room to manuever.

Martello turns to Grilby. "I would conceal yourself as well, master Grilby. If they're running a scorched earth campaign, they may try to harm you as well. We'll do our best to keep the furnishings out of harm's way. And don't worry overmuch about fire, I have a fun little surprise for them if they go that route."

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 3, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence finds a place to hide where he could easily slip out and fire upon the troll or any other troublemakers, when the time comes.

Stealth 1d20+4 20

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

"Hello, are you lost, friends?" Brangor says to the new arrivals with a smile that clearly doesn't reach his eyes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

Hargoth nods at Martello and finds a place in an adjoining room to watch quietly from the dark.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hargoth and the gnome go to a dark room in the back, while Reverence hides behind the counter, near Martello, who's posing as the bartender.

Outside, at the door, Brangor waves and welcomes the arrivals. The Daask gang members walk at a normal pace toward the tavern's entrance and you can see their features better. What is the ugliest minotaur you have ever seen walks up to you, a hideous burn scar in his face, you wonder how he manages to do anything with his face and not feel terrible pain.

He grunts "Not anymore, goliath. What was the paper said, Gizby?" He glances back to the goblin, who clearly looks like a spellcaster of some kind.

The goblin has a more serious voice than you would expect from someone that size. "It said The Grotto had a fearsome goliath as a bouncer but an old gnome for the actual owner, Datus."

The minotaur sizes Brangor up, grinning. "Hmmph, don't look that fearsome to me! Where's the owner, goliath? We would have words with him!" Behind them, the gnoll thugs prepare what seem firebomb bottles in their hands.

The troll looks confused at the tavern, looking at the windows and doors, wondering if he can even get inside the place as he scratches his head.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

"I don't think you'll be having words with anybody, Daask." Brangor says, the grin still plastered across his face. "You and the rest of your...," he eyes the goblin and gnolls, "little friends should take their bottles and go home before one of you has an 'accident'." He casually rests his right hand near the grip of his axe. "It'd be such a shame to have to tell the Watch that a few guys tripped on their way home from the bar and shattered a couple dozen bones."

pre:
Brangor "The Tree"		 
HP: 63/63		AC:   21		Passive Insight: 13
Surges:  13/13  (V: 15)	For:  19		Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +10         Ref:  15		Action Points: 1
Speed:6		        Will: 17		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Warden's Fury           [ ] Second Wind			[ ] Form of Mountain Thunder
Warden's Grasp          [ ] Roots of Stone	        [ ] Nature's Abundance
Earth Shield Strike     [ ] Earthgrasp Strike	        [ ] Frost Weapon
Weight of Earth	        [ ] Stone's Endurance           [ ] Earth Shaking Rend

Conditionals/Resists: 
Poison Resist 5 (Amulet of Health)
Earthstrength: +CON AC after second wind
Font of Life (Save at beginning and end of turn)
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit by Opp. atk is slowed
Headman’s Chop: +5 dmg to prone enemies

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Gnolls look at each other in surprise while the Minotaur has a look of pure fury in his face. "What in the hells did you just say to us, mountain filth?" he says while reading his battle axe, the gnolls do the same with their weapon and firebombs, ready to be thrown at their command.

The goblin scoffs "I knew it...just kill everyone in this building and burn it down like always." He glances around Brangor and Martello.

Behind the counter, Reverence has the total element of surprise in favor...

pre:
Datus @ C4
110/110 HP 
AC 22; F/R/W 21/17/19

Gnoll Thug @ D3
60/60 HP
AC 18; F/R/W 17/16/16

Gnoll Thug @ A5
60/60 HP
AC 18; F/R/W 17/16/16

Goblin Shaman @ A2
90/90 HP  
AC 20; F/R/W 17/18/21

Troll 
100/100 HP
AC 17; F/R/W 22/14/16
pre:
INITIATIVE
25 - Gnoll
24 - Troll
23 - Goblin Shaman
8 - Minotaur
Reverence has his Surprise Round

After that everyone rolls Initiative and if you roll better than the Gnolls you can act too. Yeah they rolled really loving well on Initiative this time, thanks orokos!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence pops up from his hiding spot and fires upon one of the gnolls, hoping to deal with it before it can throw the fire bomb.

Elemental Bolt vs Reflex of gnoll 1 1d20+13 16 for 1d12+1d6+16 31 Fire damage.
Initiative 1d20+7 8 yeah

pre:
HP: 49/49		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 16
Surges:  9/9   (V: 12)	For:  17		Passive Perception: 11

At Will			Encounter			
                       [ ] Sorcerous Sirocco 

Resist Fire 10
Imperious Majesty: When I hit a creature that has not yet gone yet it takes a penalty 

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

1d20+10: 12 [1d20=2]

:negative:

pre:
Brangor "The Tree"		 
HP: 63/63		AC:   21		Passive Insight: 13
Initiative: +10         Ref:  15		Action Points: 1

Warden's Grasp          [ ] Roots of Stone	        [ ] Nature's Abundance

Conditionals/Resists: 

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

Initiative =1d20+2+3 = 25 [1d20=20]

:hellyeah:

pre:
Martello "The Tower" 						 
HP: 50/50		AC:   20		Passive Insight: 13
Surges:  10/10  (V: 11)	For:  19		Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +2          Ref:  19		Action Points: 1

Magic Weapon            [ ] Second Wind			[ ] Punishing Eye
Thundering Armor	[ ] Warforged Resolve	        [ ] Smokepowder Blast
			[ ] Swift Mender	        [ ] Brooch of No Regrets
			[ ] Burning Weapons             [ ] Repulsion Leather Armor
			[ ] Shocking Feedback
                        [ ] [ ] Healing Infusion (Curative Admixture/Resistive Formula)

Conditionals/Resists: 
Warforged Resilience: +2 to saving throws against ongoing damage.
Distant Advantage: CA against flanked enemies with ranged attacks
Martello eyes up the goons sent to cause a ruckus. The fight is definitely winnable, but those firebombs could cause a real problem. This is a perfect chance to test out his new favorite toy. He steps out from behind the bar, coming a bit closer to the ruffians.

Move action: Move to F9

His arm with the new alchemical launcher snaps up, targeting the gnoll that Reverence hasn't hit. A small globe flies out of the launcher, exploding on impact into a shower of viscous blue gel. The gel coats everything in the radius, including the gnoll, his minotaur friend, and Brangor. "Sorry, gentlemen. New policy, no open flames inside the bar. Been hearing stories of honest businesses burning down. Can't be too careful these days."

Standard action: Flamebane bomb at B4. All natural fires are extinguished, along with a bunch of other effects that don't do anything unless one of these badguys is secretly made of fire or somehow on fire.

Brangor is quickly about to get swarmed. Let's give him an advantage.

Minor action: Healing Infusion(Resistive Formula) on Brangor. Brangor is now +1 AC, and can end that benefit as a free action to gain temp HP equal to his surge value +4.

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 7, 2015

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Jasirak "the Extractor"

"Definitely," Jasirak adds before leaving, "I think this line of work suits me." As he waves goodbye he offers, "If you're looking to get in contact with me you can reach me by way of a magewright in the Dura. Don't worry, he's on level."

---

Rattlestone's not so bad. It's not great, but at least it's not the gutter. And better yet it's far away from any place House Thuranni or any other of The Extractor's former clientele would look for him.

The Sharn guard even do a good job of keeping the place safe - for locals. Newcomers, even those that pay there rent like the eladrin, live a bit more exciting lives. Most of the guard are native Rattlestoners themselves and don't like the idea of outsiders coming into their tight-knit community. Outsiders with massive felines in tow are even less welcome. The mage turns to fey panther, "You know Jeren doesn't know you like I do, Ciar," He smirks as he rubs the great cat behind its ears "Yes, I know it's stupid, but you're not exactly discrete. Besides, you always end up finding me again." He chuckles, "Like I'll ever be rid of you." With brief grunt the fey creature wheels itself around and paws off into the night. Jasirak watches it until it rounds a corner into an alley.

He then turns on his elevated heels and ambles down the benighted, cobbled streets.

After a time he reaches a shabby looking storefront with barred windows and a signboard hanging loosely from two chains. It twists lazily in the slight nighttime breeze. As the eladrin gets closer the writing becomes clear:

JEREN TARINGIAN - MAGEWRIGHT - ADVOCATE

As Jasirak crosses under the sign he taps it idly with his staff, as he always does before he steps into Jeren's office, causing its chains to creak angrily as the shingle begins to swing. After fumbling for a moment with his keys Jasirak finds the correct one, unlocks the door, and steps inside. The front office is cozy, it's back wall is a bookshelf lined with an draconian mix of magic treatises and listings of Sharn statutes in an order only Jeren can truly understand. In front of it is some chairs and a sqaure wooden desk covered with papers and half-opened books. The mage steps past it and through the door into the back room, the living area.

He stokes a fire and begins boiling water for tea, as he waits he stows away his earnings and hangs up his staff and regalia, the ridiculous attire that made him Jasirak. After the kettle whistles he pours it into a pewter mug with some herbs imported from the Shadow Marches. It's evidently an orcish recipe, one of the few luxuries he was able to bring with him down from the upper towers. As the tea steeps he sets out Jeren's clothing, a set of businesslike gray robes, on the canape in the corner.

Jeren's not as much fun as Jasirak, the Extractor muses to himself as he takes a sip of the bitter tea, but then again I guess that's the idea.

---

The morning was largely uneventful. Jeren didn't have many clients, legal and magical market what it was, and those he did only had minor administrative duties for him to work on lunch it appeared to be largely dead. Rather than wallow under the pressing weight of the new economy the magewright decided to close shop early and do something to take his mind off of the folly of capitalism. Shopping!

The Bazaar was close enough to Rattlestone that most Rattlestoners commute for work every morning. With enough patience and guile one could find almost anything in this myriad of stalls curio shops.

Purchase Order:

Bought Cloak of Distortion +1 (840 gp)

This cloak roils about you like the rippling air of a scorching desert.

Item Slot: Neck

Enhancement: Fortitude, Reflex and Will

Property: A ranged attack against you from more than 5 squares away equal to this item's enhancement bonus (+1).

Bought Resplendent Gloves - https://artifact-hunters-the-avatar-of-torm.obsidianportal.com/wiki_pages/resplendent-gloves

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 6, 2015

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

Initiative: 1d20+3 12

pre:
Ironguts		 
Surges:  10/10                   For:  17	        Passive Perception: 14

Opening Shove                              Second Wind   [  ]                        Concentrated attack    [  ]
Direct the Strike                          Goring Charge   [  ]                      Motivated Recovery     [  ]
                                           Inspiring Word      [  ]                              Cloak Ability [  ]
                                           Warlord's Strike  [  ]

Stuff and Junk 
Inspiring Presence: "When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action, 
that ally also regains lost hit points equal to one-half your level + your Charisma modifier.
Expert Combat Leader: "You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +3 power bonus to initiative.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jasirak

After you do your good bit of shopping you return to your office, only to find a halfling messenger panting heavily in front of the closed door, clearly distraught over it.

He sighs in relief as you walk towards him and asks what he's doing here. The messenger apologies profusely about being late with the messenger, apparently he had a bit of difficulty actually finding it, since he's new in his job.

As you open the message from Brangor you realize you'll probably arrive a little late to the job, but it should be a minor inconvenience if you hurry up...

You and Bugsby will arrive next turn, northeast outside the tavern. You both should roll initiative already just to make things easier (without Hargoth's bonus of course)

~~~~~~~

The Grotto

Martello's gel helps cover up the ugly face of the minotaur as he shakes it off, and completely neutralizes one of the gnoll's firebomb.

This understandably makes him even more pissed as hell (as ironically he just got badly burned by the Tiefling himself), as he drops it to the ground and readies an axe instead, he rushes at the warforged and manages to sink his axe inside his body.

Furious Charge vs AC , Martello: 1d20+12 20 2d8+7 15 Damage!

The intact gnoll puts his firebomb away and carefully maneuvers behind Brangor before slashing him in the back, even with Martello's infusion protecting him!

Melee Attack vs AC, Brangor: 1d20+9+2 23 2d6+6 12 Damage!

The troll outside raises his enormous improvised club and smashes it full strength at the big window nearby, shards crashing with a violent sound, he then peeks inside the tavern, looking very eager to get inside and smash the group.

The goblin walks deeper inside the tavern, while still staying clear of the big scary enemies, he glances at Reverence who is behind cover and mumbles something, dark magic swirling in his hands. The Tiefling suddenly feels a dull pain in his mind, he finds harder to concentrate on his surroundings and his vision swirls a bit!

Brain Drain vs Will, Reverence: 1d20+10-2 25 2d6+6 10 Psychic Damage!
Reverence is Dazed until EOTN and suffers -2 to Will defense ongoing (save ends)

pre:
Datus @ C4
110/110 HP 
AC 22; F/R/W 21/17/19

Gnoll Thug @ F8
29/60 HP
AC 18; F/R/W 17/16/16

Gnoll Thug @ C6
60/60 HP
AC 18; F/R/W 17/16/16

Goblin Shaman @ E6
90/90 HP  
AC 20; F/R/W 17/18/21

Troll 
100/100 HP
AC 17; F/R/W 22/14/16
pre:
INITIATIVE
25 - Martello
25 - Gnoll
24 - Troll
23 - Goblin Shaman
12 - Hargoth
12 - Brangor
8 - Reverence
8 - Minotaur
Bolded people are up, posting order!

Really sorry about the delay people! Things will only get better in two weeks, due to uni exams and poo poo I gotta do

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence squints, shakes his head, and finds he can't seem to concentrate well enough to walk forward and burn something. So he just settles on burning the nearest thing, well nearest enemy. He narrows his eyes at the injured gnoll, and unleashes a tremendous gout of flame, carefully maneuvering around the warforged, that engulfs the gnoll and burns it to a cinder.

As the gnoll burns Reverence finally clears his head from the psychic wammy.

Elemental Bolt vs Reflex of gnoll 1 1d20+13+1 31 for 1d12+1d6+16 29 Fire damage.
Save vs Daze 1d20 16 woo

pre:
HP: 39/49		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 16

At Will			Encounter			
                       [ ] Sorcerous Sirocco 

Resist Fire 10

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 12, 2015

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

As he reads the note Jeren absent-mindedly tips the courier a couple pieces of silver, "Thanks..." the magewright says. He stuffs his note into his laden shopping bag and begins fumbling with his key to get it into the front door's lock, "Keep the change!" he says as pulls the door open, slides inside the office, and slams it behind him.

The Extractor races back to his bedroom, shedding Jeren as he goes. He'd need Jasirak again if he was going to take on this job - Taringian would never have the stomach for this sort of work. And he puts the barrister back in storage and returns to being Jasirak a little early today.

Spending 2 SP to tip the poor guy.

Initiative: 1d20+6 17

pre:
Jasirak "the Extractor"
HP: 46/46		AC:   20		Passive Insight: 18
Surges:  5/5  (V: 11)	For:  14		Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +6          Ref:  19		Action Points: 1
Speed:6		        Will: 22		Vision: Low-light

Winged Horde            [ ] Second Wind			[ ] Phantom Chasm
Hypnotism               [ ] Fey Step	                [ ] Horrid Whispers
Acrobat Boots           [ ] Illusory Obstacles	        [ ] Sleep
			[ ] Charm of Misplaced Wrath    [ ] Visions of Avarice
			[ ] Chameleon's Mask
                        [ ] Suggestion
                        [ ] Spook
                        [ ] Hidden Lore
                        [ ] Mind Shadows
                        [ ] Glib Tongue
                        [ ] Shield
                        [ ] Maze of Mirrors
                        [ ] Color Spray
                        [ ] Robe of Avoidance

Conditionals/Resists: 
Eladrin Will: +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Enchantment Apprentice: When one of your arcane enchantment powers allows you to pull, push, or slide a
 creature, the maximum distance of the forced movement increases by 2 squares.
Illusion Apprentice: When you hit a target with an arcane illusion power, the target takes a -2 penalty
 to the next attack roll it makes against you before the end of your next turn.
Staff Expertise: When you make a ranged attack or an area attack with a staff as an implement, you don't
 provoke opportunity attacks for doing so.
 When you make a melee weapon attack with a staff, the weapon's reach for that attack increases by 1.
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can make a saving throw at the start of your
 turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save.
Cloak of Displacement +1: A ranged attack against you from more than 5 squares away equal to this item's 
 enhancement bonus (+1).
Resplendent Gloves: When you hit an enemy with an attack that targets Will, the attack deals 2 extra damage.
 If it’s an illusion attack, one target you hit (your choice) also grants combat advantage to you until the 
 end of your next turn.

pre:
Ciar
HP: 23/23	 AC:   18
For:  18	 Speed:8, climb 6
Ref:  20 	 Vision: Low-light
Will: 19         Initiative: +6

At Will			
Claw

Traits
Alert Companion / Aura 1
While in the aura, enemies cannot gain combat advantage against the fey panther’s allies.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 18, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

Brangor roars with fury as the blade digs into his back. "You should have left when you had the chance!" Super-slick ice forms on the feet of the two gnolls flanking Brangor. His eyes blaze with fury. "No escape now."

Shift to D5. Free action to mark adjacent targets. Roots of Stone vs AC C4, C6, E6. 14 [1d20=4] 19 [1d20=9] 23 [1d20=13] Missed Datus, Hit both gnolls for 7 damage and they are knocked prone and take 4 damage if they leave the Zone 1 created by this action that lasts until EONT.

pre:
Brangor "The Tree"		 
HP: 51/63		AC:   22		Passive Insight: 13
Initiative: +10         Ref:  15		Action Points: 0

Warden's Grasp          [x] Roots of Stone	        [ ] Nature's Abundance

Conditionals/Resists: 

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hargoth "Ironguts"

Initiative: 1d20+3 12

pre:
Ironguts		 
Surges:  10/10                   For:  17	        Passive Perception: 14

Opening Shove                              Second Wind   [  ]                        Concentrated attack    [  ]
Direct the Strike                          Goring Charge   [X]                      Motivated Recovery     [  ]
                                           Inspiring Word      [  ]                              Cloak Ability [  ]
                                           Warlord's Strike  [  ]

Stuff and Junk 
Hargoth leaps from the shadows and rams into the goblin full force with a satisfied grin.

I will move to a10 and then goring charge on the goblin. Goring Charge Vs AC: 1d20+8 26 1d8+4 12

Goblin is knocked one square away and prone.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 13, 2015

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

"Bugsby" Sgal

Spending 520G on a Badge of the Berserker
That leaves me with 1480G - I'd like to invest that in a transport skycoach and/or registering Sgal Shipping Solutions, LLC. with the proper authorities.

Flush with success, the Bugbear immediately set out to put some weight behind his lie, moving about the city bureaucracy. Certainly he got a lot of long, hard stares as he stood in line at the Department of Magickal Vehicles, hoping to acquire a license and register a new transport Skycoach. However, the incredible wait meant that it was late by the time he returned to his small flat, where a nearly panicked messenger waited. Giving the man a gold coin for his trouble, he reads the note and ducks inside to grab his shovel, sure that things were going to poo poo presently.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 21!

pre:
"Bugsby" Sgal		 
HP: 43/43		AC:   22		Passive Insight: 14
Surges:  7/7    (V:10)	For:  20		Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +5          Ref:  17		Action Points: 1
Speed:5		        Will: 17		Vision: Low-Light

Howling Strike           [ ] Second Wind	                [ ] Life Ending Strike
Righteous Brand          [ ] Inevitable Strike	        [ ] Shield of Faith
                         [ ] Predatory Eye	        [ ] Dwarven Armor Healing
                         [ ] Healing Word               [ ] Hallowed Advance
                         [ ] Brutal Slam
                         [ ] Prison of Salzacas
                         [ ] Healing Strike

Interrupts: 
Battle Awareness [ ]:
Trigger: An enemy adjacent shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include me.
Effect: Get an immediate interrupt Melee Basic Attack
Power Type: 1/encounter

Badge of the Berserker: Movement made as part of a charge does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity. 
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to summons/conjurations grant Combat Advantage.
Surprising Charge: Charge attacks get [1w] extra damage against targets granting Combat Advantage.
Vanguard Weapon: +1d8 damage on a charge.
Rampage: Gain free attack when a critical hit is rolled.
Battle Cleric's Lore: When I grant a target a healing surge, they get +2 to their next attack roll.
Oversized: Weapons are one-size larger than usual. 

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Olanphonia, are enemies affected by Roots of Stone even if if they leave because of Forced Movement?

ProfessorCurly, I'll search for the skycoach price later, just wanted to get this update out.

The Grotto

A nasty smell spreads through the tavern as the gnoll is burned alive, dying screaming from Reverence's fire bolt.

The thorns summoned by Brangor invades through the cracks in the wooden floor, squeezing the weaker enemies around the Goliath, but the Minotaur shrugs it off. The poor goblin shaman had just been brought to the ground before he's launched in the air by Hargoth's surprising charge, knocking the little greenskin's breath out.

He's not the only Minotaur doing some damage however, Datus himself sinks his cruel barbed axe deep into Brangor, ripping it off brutally, tearing some meat on the way.

Lacerating Chop vs AC, Brangor: 1d20+11 27 2d6+10 17 Damage!

Brangor suffers 3 ongoing damage (save ends)

His ugly face twists into a smirk as he looks at the damage. "Look at that, you ain't so tough after all, are you? Just meat and bones in the end." His smirks ends when he looks outside the window and sees that the rest of the group finally managed to catch up with the tavern job. "Oh what now? HEY TRUNKZ, take care of them!" he yells at the huge troll outside.

The enourmous trolls looks hungrily at Bugsby and Jasirak, but specially at the eladrin's panther hey at his side, his mouth drooling a bit as he readies his massive club.

pre:
Datus @ C4 MARKED 
110/110 HP 
AC 22; F/R/W 21/17/19

Gnoll Thug @ C6 MARKED, PRONE
53/60 HP
AC 18; F/R/W 17/16/16

Goblin Shaman @ F5
71/90 HP MARKED, PRONE
AC 20; F/R/W 17/18/21

Troll 
100/100 HP
AC 17; F/R/W 22/14/16
EDIT!! INITIATIVE IS OUT

Get to posting

Whew, managed to get this update out at least!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 18, 2015

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Martello "The Tower"

pre:
Martello "The Tower" 
Initiative =1d20+2+3 = 25 [1d20=20]

HP: 35/50		AC:   20		Passive Insight: 13
Surges:  10/10  (V: 11)	For:  19		Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +2          Ref:  19		Action Points: 0

Magic Weapon            [ ] Second Wind			[ ] Punishing Eye
Thundering Armor	[ ] Warforged Resolve	        [X] Smokepowder Blast
			[ ] Swift Mender	        [ ] Brooch of No Regrets
			[X] Burning Weapons             [ ] Repulsion Leather Armor
			[ ] Shocking Feedback
                        [X] [ ] Healing Infusion (Curative Admixture/Resistive Formula)

Conditionals/Resists: 
Warforged Resilience: +2 to saving throws against ongoing damage.
Distant Advantage: CA against flanked enemies with ranged attacks
The hostile minotaur looms over the battle. Taking him down will be key to ending this quickly. Looks like he's had a nasty run in with fire in the past. Let's see if we can convince him that discretion is the better part of valor.

Move Action: Move to E7

Time to light em up.

Standard Action: Using Burning Weapons on the gnoll at C6 (-2 on the attack since he's prone). 1d20+12-2=20 vs AC 18 Hit, 10 fire damage. Brangor, Hargoth, and myself deal an additional 4 fire damage with all weapon or fire attacks until the end of my next turn.

Minor Action: preparing my next shot with Inferno Oil. [Secondary attack on next attack, +9 vs Reflex (+8 from item, +1 from Alchemical Atomizers), if I hit the target gains vulnerable 5 fire damage (save ends)]

Spending my Action Point

Standard Action: Smokepowder blast on Datus. 1d20+9 = 27 vs Ref 17Hit. 20 Fire damage and Brangor may make a free melee basic against Datus with a +4 power bonus on the attack roll. (with +4 fire damage from burning weapons)
Secondary Attack: 1d20+9 = 24 vs Ref 17 Hit, Datus gains vulnerable 5 fire (Save ends)

Highly flammable oil in his fur and multiple enemies with flaming weapons. Let's see how brave he feels like being now.

Also preparing to use Shocking Feedback on the first enemy to attack Brangor

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 18, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Reverence moves past the bar and toward the large melee, without actually joining in. He wants a better view of the troll, and to be close enough for Datus to take some collateral damage. Then he unleashes twin gouts of flame, one at the Troll on the other side of the broken window, and one on the now vulnerable Datus.

Move 6 squares to as close to the enemy as I can, without getting into melee with any of them.
Elemental Escalation Elemental Bolt vs Reflex of Troll and Datus 2#1d20+13 27 and 23 for 2#1d12+1d6+16+1d10 31 and 28 Fire damage respectively. So Troll takes 31 and Datus takes 28+5=33 Fire damage. Unless more vulnerable than the +5 Fire Vulnerability on Datus.
No Action Hellfire Heart on Datus, Datus takes 6 Fire damage, not sure if this is added to the earlier damage or actually counts as a separate instance that would trigger vulnerability again. Datus also takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls that include Reverence in the targets until the start of Reverence's next turn.

pre:
HP: 39/49		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 16

At Will			Encounter			
Elemental Bolt         [ ] Second Wind	        [x] Hellfire Heart
Ignition               [ ] Infernal Wrath	[x] [ ] Elemental Escaltion
                       [ ] Sorcerous Sirocco 

Resist Fire 10

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

"C'mon Trunkz," Jasirak says as he raises his hands, "why would you wanna hurt us when you could go over inside that tavern and kill your friends?"

Charm of Misplaced Wrath vs Will (Troll): 1d20+11 20

Sliding Trunkz the Troll 5 squares (3 base + 2 from Enchantment) to d4 (d1->c1->b2->c3->d4)

Trunkz the Troll makes a basic attack against the Gnoll (or the Goblin Shaman if he can't reach) with a +2 power bonus to the damage roll.

Trunkz the Troll takes 2 damage from Jasirak's Resplendent Gloves

Jasirak moves to F0

Ciar moves to D0

pre:
Jasirak "the Extractor"
HP: 46/46		AC:   20		Passive Insight: 18
Surges:  5/5  (V: 11)	For:  14		Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +6          Ref:  19		Action Points: 1
Speed:6		        Will: 22		Vision: Low-light

Winged Horde            [ ] Second Wind			[ ] Phantom Chasm
Hypnotism               [ ] Fey Step	                [ ] Horrid Whispers
Acrobat Boots           [ ] Illusory Obstacles	        [ ] Sleep
			[X] Charm of Misplaced Wrath    [ ] Visions of Avarice
			[ ] Chameleon's Mask
                        [ ] Suggestion
                        [ ] Spook
                        [ ] Hidden Lore
                        [ ] Mind Shadows
                        [ ] Glib Tongue
                        [ ] Shield
                        [ ] Maze of Mirrors
                        [ ] Color Spray
                        [ ] Robe of Avoidance

Conditionals/Resists: 
Eladrin Will: +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Enchantment Apprentice: When one of your arcane enchantment powers allows you to pull, push, or slide a
 creature, the maximum distance of the forced movement increases by 2 squares.
Illusion Apprentice: When you hit a target with an arcane illusion power, the target takes a -2 penalty
 to the next attack roll it makes against you before the end of your next turn.
Staff Expertise: When you make a ranged attack or an area attack with a staff as an implement, you don't
 provoke opportunity attacks for doing so.
 When you make a melee weapon attack with a staff, the weapon's reach for that attack increases by 1.
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can make a saving throw at the start of your
 turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save.
Cloak of Displacement +1: A ranged attack against you from more than 5 squares away equal to this item's 
 enhancement bonus (+1).
Resplendent Gloves: When you hit an enemy with an attack that targets Will, the attack deals 2 extra damage.
 If it’s an illusion attack, one target you hit (your choice) also grants combat advantage to you until the 
 end of your next turn.

pre:
Ciar
HP: 23/23	 AC:   18
For:  18	 Speed:8, climb 6
Ref:  20 	 Vision: Low-light
Will: 19         Initiative: +6

At Will			
Claw

Traits
Alert Companion / Aura 1
While in the aura, enemies cannot gain combat advantage against the fey panther’s allies.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brangor “The Tree”

Brangor takes immediate advantage of the confusion caused by the smoke and lashes out to score revenge on Datus. "They all say the same thing, and then they die." he sneers. His foot slams into the ground again, causing the previous growth of thorns to multiply in a wave of spikes, knocking the mouthy leader from his feet.

Free melee basic attack hits 1d20+14=24 for 1d10+9: 16.
Free action to mark adjacent targets. Shift to E6. Using Earth Shaking Rend in Blast 3 in B-D, 4-6. Knocks enemies prone and creates a zone of difficult terrain that lasts until EONT that knocks enemies prone if they end their turn within. Zone is sustained with a minor action.
Miss Datus, does half damage and still knocks prone. 7 damage
Hit Gnoll for 15 damage and knocked prone
Hit Troll for 18 damage and knocked prone

ACTION POINT to use Second Wind. Earthblood gives me an additional +CON AC until EONT

Failed both saves. Damage noted. These rolls were all awful ugh.

pre:
Brangor "The Tree"		 
HP: 46/63		AC:   28		Passive Insight: 13
Surges:  12/13  (V: 15)	For:  21		Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +10         Ref:  17		Action Points: 0
Speed:6		        Will: 19		Vision: Normal

Warden's Fury           [x] Second Wind			[ ] Form of Mountain Thunder
Warden's Grasp          [x] Roots of Stone	        [ ] Nature's Abundance
Weight of Earth	        [ ] Stone's Endurance           [x] Earth Shaking Rend

Conditionals/Resists: 

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

"Bugsby" Sgal

His bugbear instincts take over, and he smells blood in the air. Bugsby quickly dashes forward to the window and gets a look inside to evaluate the situation, and judging from the better equipment and angry sputtering the downed Minotaur was the one in charge of this monstrous little band. So he made an executive decision to silence the enemy leader before he got up to any funny 'tactics' or 'strategy' that might put a crimp on what was otherwise shaping up to be a rather enjoyable evening.

So the next thing that Datus would see is a shadow flying in from the window - a large, immaculately dressed shadow, with a shovel held high above his head...

Assuming that the troll is now in the 2x2 D3, D4, E3, E4 square from being shifted around, will Move Action to go to F0, look in through the window.

Then I will use my Standard Action charge E1 -> D2 -> C3 and do a flying leap through the window using Athletics for the daring-do effect.
Athletics= 24 to leap through the broken window. Since the movement is part of a charge, I don't provoke Attacks of Opportunity from Trunkz, so if all goes as plan I will deliver a NONLETHAL Howling Strike to Datus with the flat bit of my shovel. In case we want to chat with him about all this.

Howling Strike, Combat Advantage, Charge: 31 (Hit!)
Howling Strike, Knockout Damage: 42 Nonlethal damage to Datus, should knock him cold

He delivers a sharp THWAK to the prone minotaur's head, and the large creature goes boneless, knocked senseless by the strike. Bugsby quickly straightens up and takes stock of the situation. He notices all the fireproofing and chuckles, "See you're doing a good job protecting the goods boys, sorry we're late."

Minor Action Healing Word to... Martello, I suppose. Take a Healing Surge + Healing Surge Bonus: 6. Keep up the building not burning down or whatever it is you do. Also heal Rev, if it's convenient.

Then Bugsby remembers there is a troll next to him. Realizing that standing next to a troll and not doing anything is not very clever, he reaches inside and pulls out a reserve of strength to deliver a quick strike to the beast as well...

Action Point to make a Healing/Inevitable Strike against Trunks:
Healing Strike Roll#1: 20 (Hit)
Healing Strike Roll#1: 22 (Hit)
So the Inevitable Strike Triggers:
Healing Strike Damage: 23 Radiant Damage to Trunkz

He swings the shovel around and makes a solid connection with his massive target, staggering it slightly and perhaps confusing it further, "Thanks for the assist Tree. You seem like you're really sweeping these guys off their feat at an industrial pace."

Brangor take a surge too from the Healing Strike.

pre:
"Bugsby" Sgal		 
HP: 43/43		AC:   22		Passive Insight: 14
Surges:  7/7    (V:10)	For:  20		Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +5          Ref:  17		Action Points: 0
Speed:5		        Will: 17		Vision: Low-Light

Howling Strike           [ ] Second Wind	                [ ] Life Ending Strike
Righteous Brand          [X] Inevitable Strike	        [ ] Shield of Faith
                         [ ] Predatory Eye	        [ ] Dwarven Armor Healing
                         [X] Healing Word               [ ] Hallowed Advance
                         [ ] Brutal Slam
                         [ ] Prison of Salzacas
                         [X] Healing Strike

Interrupts: 
Battle Awareness [ ]:
Trigger: An enemy adjacent shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include me.
Effect: Get an immediate interrupt Melee Basic Attack
Power Type: 1/encounter

Badge of the Berserker: Movement made as part of a charge does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity. 
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to summons/conjurations grant Combat Advantage.
Surprising Charge: Charge attacks get [1w] extra damage against targets granting Combat Advantage.
Vanguard Weapon: +1d8 damage on a charge.
Rampage: Gain free attack when a critical hit is rolled.
Battle Cleric's Lore: When I grant a target a healing surge, they get +2 to their next attack roll.
Oversized: Weapons are one-size larger than usual. 

• Locked thread