Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

On a scale from "pristine" to "should be condemned", how clean are your surroundings, generally speaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I would be embarrassed if a friend or family member saw how I lived. Nowhere near condemned, though.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

empty large mcdonalds soda cup functions as the living room pissoir and ashtray

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
We keep the common area pretty dang nice, but wouldn't hurt to clean the bedroom a little more often!!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The house itself is pretty clean but there's a huge pile of cans and bottles and other trash piled up around the side of my desk. It's nothing gross like old food or anything and it would take all of five minutes and a big trash bag to clean up but :effort:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnS-05XoXs4

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

that hard part of the carpet that is all shiny and stiff from all the soaked up loads

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
im gay

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

two words

meat shits

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

that hard part of the carpet that is all shiny and stiff from all the soaked up loads

sounds like you need an additional McDonald's cup!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

this ecosystem that has sprung up around me has been brought to you by

nestle: good food, good life

yum! foods

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

City of Glompton posted:

sounds like you need an additional McDonald's cup!

look at fancy man over here being fancy.

i bet you use your oven for baking things and not heating the apartment because propane is loving expensive ok

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

my cats are going to die in their own debris while I relate to TLC cast members in the next room

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
It's a filthy cesspool

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

spawn more overlords

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

look at fancy man over here being fancy.

i bet you use your oven for baking things and not heating the apartment because propane is loving expensive ok

chill mang, no hostilities intended :) anyway I'm a fancy lady, I heat my home with computers when its cold.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

seriously though, i find that if there isn't a thick sheet of purple gunk under all my poo poo I don't feel truly at home

i also can't build sunken colonies thus leaving the entrance to my base open to attackers like my landlord or JW's.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i opened my oven and there was a spider in it. like siting in a web and everything. to clean enough to be a spider's nest op?

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

appropriatemetaphor posted:

i opened my oven and there was a spider in it. like siting in a web and everything. to clean enough to be a spider's nest op?

spiders must maintain a crtain level of cleanliness to ensure their webs stay sticky & hard to see, so it must not be tooo bad

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Ooh I was just waiting for a thread to show off my flat just after I had a deep clean yesterday

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

extremely filthy, OP

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
It could use some work right now. Its not dirty, its just disorganized and cluttered from the weekend still.

Im doing laundry and kitchen things tonight instead of general upkeep.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
My parents send two cleaning ladies to do a once over of the house on Tuesdays and Fridays so it never really gets dirty. Friday maid also drops off boxed meals for the week :).

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
up to my eyeballs in dust

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Figaro posted:

Ooh I was just waiting for a thread to show off my flat just after I had a deep clean yesterday

pfft nice tv, poor

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

We keep the common area pretty dang nice, but wouldn't hurt to clean the bedroom a little more often!!

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I think the trash needs to be taken out, but it's not too bad. All the snow's been melted for ~2 weeks so a big spring cleaning is in order.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

pfft nice tv, poor

How big does a television need to be! I'm not old

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Totally not clean because I have children and dogs and a sick wife and also it is Wednesday :(

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I had to fight off a cougar and two racoons to get to the outhouse, and when I got there there was a bear taking a poo poo on the closed seat lid.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I had a loving bat in here, I might have rabies

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

should be condemned, i'm ashamed to share pics of my goon hovel

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

i clean my toilet once a year

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

My parents send two cleaning ladies to do a once over of the house on Tuesdays and Fridays so it never really gets dirty. Friday maid also drops off boxed meals for the week :).

Nice!

Figaro posted:

very nice, looking good!

Inevitable posted:

Totally not clean because I have children and dogs and a sick wife and also it is Wednesday :(

I think you get a pass. it is known that caring for sick people, dogs, and children result in messiness.

Pivotal Lever posted:

i clean my toilet once a year

what's the best method for that?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Figaro posted:

Boring

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

my bedroom has black mould coming through the walls and my landlord is a oval office

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
If company was coming over I would have to do some cleaning, but nothing extreme.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Excellent, but not Pristine. Some minor marks on the wall, a tile is coming loose in the kitchen. One of the toilets you have to push the handle down for a second or two longer than you'd expect. Hmm, the fridge water filter is full on "red" atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Excellent, but not Pristine. Some minor marks on the wall, a tile is coming loose in the kitchen. One of the toilets you have to push the handle down for a second or two longer than you'd expect. Hmm, the fridge water filter is full on "red" atm

Should just adjust that toilet flapper chain to make it a little shorter.

• Locked thread