Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Thesaya posted:

Leave the card, steal his trousers.

We can leave him practising his Lego Movie routine. "Honey, where are my pants?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Grimwit posted:

>look at scratches
It looks as though the bed has been pulled away from the wall and then pushed back again, probably several times.

It's probably nothing.

You don't fool us like that!

>Bounce on the bed

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Seyser Koze posted:

Actually, x Michael and see if he has anything that could be described as "the charm against the..." on his person.

Having met our husband, I think we can be reasonably certain that he doesn't have any sort of charm.

Let's hit the attic.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Sally Forth posted:

Poke the painting in the eye, using the broom handle if necessary.

We need to do this. Everything else can wait.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Grimwit posted:

A group of primitive tribesmen dance within a ring of standing stones, beneath a lightning-streaked sky. Their dress and some of the fetishes they carry -- feathers, rattles, ceremonial masks -- all seem to represent a Native American culture, but the men themselves are... strange. They look truly savage and degenerate, in a way that you don't often see Native Americans depicted. Peering closely, you can see that some of them even appear to be deformed.

Degenerate natives! We're really in Lovecraft territory now.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ghostwoods posted:

It certainly captures the Lovecraftian sense of doomed endeavour and pointlessness rather nicely.

I have to disagree. Miranda's inevitable death and/or insanity at the end of the game without having made any serious impact on anything would capture Lovecraftian hopelessness. Dying to a poisonous spider bite in a matter of minutes (in a cold climate, no less) mainly captures the sense of a bullshit text adventure.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
It breaks my heart to say this, but there's no way we're getting out of this without a sacrifice. Without paying some deep and terrible personal cost. We're going to have to give up on our hopes and dreams of domestic bliss, of the joys of motherhood, of hearing the pitter-patter of tiny grabbing fingers as we raise a family of little kleptomaniacs just like us.

Kick our husband in the bollocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Grimwit posted:

For a moment you find yourself almost turning back, driven by instinct to rescue your belongings -- but you stop.

...when you realise that everything you have ever owned is right here in your trenchcoat.

This has been a really interesting game, thanks for the LP! Also, I love that spiralling-into-oblivion picture.

• Locked thread