Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Grimwit posted:

>South
(opening the small metal door first)

Access Shaft
This tiny, concrete-lined alcove within the underside of the bridge forms the top of a vertical shaft leading down into darkness. Iron rungs embedded in the wall provide a way down.

In the north wall is a small metal door.

>look at shaft
You needn't worry about that.

>look at rungs
It's an ordinary wooden ladder.

Are Wooden ladders ordinary anymore? Seems like they're all made of aluminum or something, now.

Either I'm missing something, or this is a really bad typo. The game has been really good with details so far, so how could they have missed one this huge?

Grimwit posted:

>look at fireplace
The fireplace is carved from beautiful, dark-veined marble, a strange shade that is not quite a deep, forest green and not quite a murky, dusky red. The mantelpiece is flanked by a pair of polished brass spheres.

Those... Spheres look familiar.

>look at spheres
You see the room behind you in distorted miniature, and your own face swelling and stretching comically as you peer into the sphere's reflective surface.

Looking closely, you notice some smudges on the otherwise immaculately polished brass.

Hmmm... We've already established the Verlac Manor has secrets in the walls. Why not the fireplace, too?

>pull sphere
It doesn't budge.

>push sphere
It doesn't budge.

Maybe we need to twist the spheres? Or it will all be revealed later in Day 3, I don't know.

Have fun on your trip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Agreed! :cheers:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Grimwit posted:

Tomorrow, I'll post the LONG awaited response and continue Miranda Carter's nearly concluded journey into madness and kleptomania.

:neckbeard: I'm glad you're back!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Also, is it possible to lose the calipers so he can't check the mirror when you hand it to him?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for the awesome LP, Grimwit! I really enjoyed your style and presentation, especially all the illustrations.

Do you have plans for doing another LP any time soon?

• Locked thread