Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Ignoring the obvious problematic nature of "sexposition" and racism that is everpresent throughout the show, it is, in its very nature, a really poorly written D&D game made into an HBO series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its actually very entertaining and thats all that needs to be said unless you are a human being TVIV poster who cares waaay too much about TV shows

a cloth map
Oct 29, 2011

No thanks. I'm a Government man.
Duh

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
Its decent and enjoyable to watch but I agree it isn't a greatly written show and while technically sound the plotlines are kind of forgettable

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
the last episode was all over the loving place, even more so than usual. I enjoy it but it's been countless times where I think to myself, holy hell I forgot all about this subplot.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

op posted:

i cant afford hbo so im just going to poo poo on this show for no real reason waaaah

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Its I, Claudius with more tits. Its fine.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Bwee posted:

Ignoring the obvious problematic nature of "sexposition" and racism that is everpresent throughout the show, it is, in its very nature, a really poorly written D&D game made into an HBO series

You had drat well BETTER roll a 20-sided die with a -8 to your charisma save!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
it's better than the books :twisted:

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
I only ever just watch the sex scene compilations on the Huffington Posts website.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

medieval soap operas are my favorite

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Bwee posted:

shut the gently caress up

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Chinatown posted:

its actually very entertaining and thats all that needs to be said unless you are a human being TVIV poster who cares waaay too much about TV shows

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
tits and murder were cool when i was a lil dude but these days it just isn't enough to keep me watching such a bloated boring show

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

I'm totally not mad or anything, but this isn't funny dude.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
never watched it.

i've also never watched:

1. Walking Dead
2. The Wire
3. Mad Men
4. Breaking Bad

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

tits and murder were cool when i was a lil dude but these days it just isn't enough to keep me watching such a bloated boring show

what's a good show to watch instead of that boring mess ?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

never watched it.

i've also never watched:

1. Walking Dead
2. The Wire
3. Mad Men
4. Breaking Bad

If that's the case I hope you have never watched any show.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Bwee posted:

your cock is dripping with faggotry and syphilis

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
King Of The Hill is my favorite anime.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38DosfOJp3Q

Looks cool to me.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

never watched it.

i've also never watched:

1. Walking Dead
2. The Wire
3. Mad Men
4. Breaking Bad

wow it's like you don't even own a TV

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mad Monk posted:

the last episode was all over the loving place, even more so than usual. I enjoy it but it's been countless times where I think to myself, holy hell I forgot all about this subplot.

well i'm not retarded enough to lose track of the subplots(even in the books where there's more of them) but that was not such a great episode. buckle up because it only gets more scattered

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Agag posted:

Its I, Claudius with more tits. Its fine.

1 clavdivs owned

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ive never seen it but it sounds pretty cool. sounds like it might even have an owlbear in it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

dad gay. so what posted:

ive never seen it but it sounds pretty cool. sounds like it might even have an owlbear in it.

there are bugbears

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

casual beep posted:

Its decent and enjoyable to watch but I agree it isn't a greatly written show and while technically sound the plotlines are kind of forgettable

inevitable when you try to condense a poo poo ton of writing into a TV show imo.

but yeah I pretty much agree with this opinion.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

there are bugbears

Is this a weird tweet?

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I tried to get into the new season, but something about the writing just seems really clunky as gently caress. I think a lot of character can get lost if you're rushing to accomplish plot points within a timeframe. I'm going to have to suffer though it at some point though because as a bookfag I argle blargle blargle bah

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Decebal posted:

what's a good show to watch instead of that boring mess ?

doctor who

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
It is a pretty good show. The costuming and weapons and poo poo are so well done it's worth watching for that alone.

Maybe you are watching wrong op? Try to look for all the little details they put in the show that most shows can never hope to afford or have the talent pool GoT does.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
out of all the shows everyone says im supposed to like, which one is game of thrones?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Fargo Fukes posted:

I tried to get into the new season, but something about the writing just seems really clunky as gently caress. I think a lot of character can get lost if you're rushing to accomplish plot points within a timeframe. I'm going to have to suffer though it at some point though because as a bookfag I argle blargle blargle bah

its literally a soap opera

the director interrupts all of the actors constantly and tells them to "please speak in a more dramatic tone" and everything now sounds like their characters are trying to get laid for the first time at a junior high dance

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I'm getting tired of nothing happening across twelve different story lines. Why can't they tie these into each other and give the viewers more time with fewer plots. I like all of these characters, I don't like how they all have such little development scattered through each episode.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Way to be a contrarian. You know who else are contrarians? Fags. Makes you think.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my favorite character is the midget

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I actually prefer Family Guy.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
the casting team is unparalleled in finding huge fuckin dudes to put in the show. for instance the king giant was a dude in a costume.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

gggiiimmmppp posted:

my favorite character is the midget

yeah that little guys p. cool but everyone else is hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Rome was better

• Locked thread